+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

bubbleboy

Star Member
May 22, 2009
hi good day for you guys
normalnormal do you have anything new yet or not ?
rejosseme i need to know why they ask that question about how much our wifes they earn .because we didn't marry them about how much they make or what they have it's too bad to ask your wife how much she makes for a month .i can see that those people who ask those questions like that i think they just want to break our relationship up . we have lots evidence yes we have all the proof about anything they need .

our marriage licence i didn't get it until i feel to much pain in all my hole body i don't know why then i think no one did as what they did with us we start from the family judje then they keep us waiting for 10 days then after that they call us for the police station then we spend a hard time with them cause they did the same like what you get from the interview then finaly they are agree with us then after that they say that we will have another invistagation from the province then it was fine cause my wife was clean she has no problems in her country and the same for me but i still wondring why they invistaget us in the police station then the province CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN ME THIS OR IF THERES ANYONE DID LIKE WHAT THEY DO WITH US BEFOR THEY GIVE YOU PERMISION FOR THE MARRIEGE.
REJOSSEME OUR LICENCE MARRAIGE IT TAKES 1 MONTH LOTS LOTS ROLLING AROUND NOT LIKE YOU GUYS IN MARRACKESH COULD BE JUST 2 DAYS OR A WEEK .

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi bubbleboy,

The questions they ask are to prove that the couple has a real relationship and share details about their lives. I know Moroccan culture is different. But you have to remember that you are marrying a Canadian and these questions, for the most part, are NORMAL things for us. It is very NORMAL to know how much money your wife or husband makes every month in Canada. It's not disrespectful at all to us.

As far as your marriage certificate, that has to do with Moroccan law. Nothing to do with Canada at all.

normalnormal, you can send me a private email. I don't think it's a good idea to put too much personal information on a public forum. Have a great day and good luck everybody!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!

NOTHING new! The Embassy is sleeping! hahahaha! I hope they wake up soon in a happy mood. I'm just going to be happy about the beautiful sunny day in Vancouver. It's better than nothing. How are all of you doing?

Thella frasek!

normalnormal

May 17, 2009
hello my sister im good thank you i m stil in meknes city i will be in marrakech in a few day ,stil no new from embassy today like u said they are sleeping i hope they wake soon ,good luck to everyone

H

hoffa

hi every body tks lot to helping me and all the peopels here
well my wife sent the paper's work to Mississauga, Ontario in 18 may my question 's what the next step or steps i need helep

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Hoffa,

The next steps are as follows:

1. Your file will be opened at CIC-Mississauga about 30 days (approximately) after they receive it. Your WIFE'S application to sponsor you will be evaluated based on the criteria and approved if she qualifies. All she needs to show is that she is not receiving welfare (social assistance) and that she does not have an undischarged bankruptcy or other serious criminal charges/convictions. Then they will check to see if the application is complete, making sure that all of the required documents are included, papers signed, etc. If everything is fine, they will send her a letter saying she has been approved as a sponsor and will send you application for Permanent Residence to the Embassy in Rabat for processing.

2. About two weeks later, your file will be received in Rabat. They will send you a letter called an Acknowledgement of Receipt. This is a standard letter they send when they have received a file and have begun processing it. The letter will tell you how long NORMAL processing time is IF no interview is required and that you should NOT ask about your file until AFTER the normal processing time is passed. Our letter said 7 months. It also says they will contact you if further information or an interview is required.

3. Then you wait. I'm sorry but that's all you can do. You and your wife should continue to gather evidence of your relationship. Telephone records, chat records, emails, airline tickets for visits, pictures, cards, letters, etc. The embassy will call you around the 7 month mark to let you know if they need to interview you and/or they need more information about your relationship. During this time, they are also completing a background security check on you. Really, there is not much you can do but wait and stay hopeful.

If you want to get a good idea of timelines, you can enter your information on a website called www.trackitt.com and get an idea of how other files have been processed. Good luck and I hope this information helps you.

samy12

Apr 13, 2009
hello every body

i need help pls i'm married with canadian woman she have 26 and me 30 and the problme we married before her divorce and we didn't send our apllication yet and we say our mariege is illegal and the immigration they will refuse us then pls what we will do our good application help us pls we didn't enything right now juste married and we didn't apply right now
and she stayed with me here in morocco 7 month we married 9/9/2008 and her divore came 17 /10/2008

pls what we can do and soon we will have bebe maybe 16/06/2009

help pls

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samy12, you need to get married again. That is the only way CIC will accept your application.

I'm sorry but can I ask? WHY did you get married BEFORE her divorce was final? Also, HOW did you get married if she was not divorced? Every Canadian needs to obtain a Capacite du Marriage at the Canadian Embassy in Rabat before they can be married in Morocco. Did she lie to the Canadian Embassy? She would have had to give them a sworn affidavit saying that she was NOT married and she would have had to have gotten her Divorce Certificate stamped at the embassy too. How in the world did this happen?

bubbleboy

Star Member
May 22, 2009
YES REJESSOME
THATS SO STRANGE HOW THEY CAN GET THE MARRIAGE CERTAFICATE WITHOUT THE CANADAIN EMBASSY FIRST THEN THE COURT AND THE POLICE STATION AND BEFOR ALL THAT THEY NEED A SWORN (NOTAIR).....HAVE A GOOD DAY REJESSOME AND MY WIFE SHE SAYS TO SAY HI TO YOU AND THANKS FOR INFOR. ..
NORMALNORMAL
JUST BE PASSION SOON SOON YOU WILL GET IT THAT IS JUST A WAITING GAME!!!! KEEP PRAYING OK HAVE A GOOD LUCKY .

samy12

Apr 13, 2009
thank you yes we married by islamic way and then she was pregnent for 2 month then here you must to do that bt juge and when we ricieve her divorce we star to do than and in the act mariege they write we are married becuse we have bebe that why thank yOU

PLS DID OUR APLICATION WILL BE ACCPETED BY CIC IF WE did divorce and married again and the lawyer will explique that in the aplication

thank you

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everybody marries the Islamic way in Morocco so that doesn't explain anything really. The Moroccan government has laws that tell you what you must do to marry someone from another country. That's what I'm saying and it's pretty clear you didn't follow those laws.

This is a strange situation so here is my opinion but it's JUST an opinion. First, contact a family lawyer in Morocco. Tell them your marriage is NOT legal as far as the Canadian government is concerned. Explain the situation and ask them what you need to do. It seems you just can't re-do the marriage without a divorce in Morocco because that would be the easiest thing. So possibly, you do need a divorce in Morocco before you can be re-married. I really don't know so contact a Moroccan lawyer.

After you have found out what do, then in order to be married legally as far as Canada is concerned, your wife needs to complete ALL of the requirements for a Canadian marrying a Moroccan. You can find these on the website for the Moroccan consulate in Montreal. Here is the link:
http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/english.htm

In order for your application to be accepted by Canadian Immigration, the marriage must be legal and your wife MUST follow all of the steps both to get married and to apply for sponsorship and permanent residence for you. Once you have done everything correctly, only then can you submit your application for sponsorship and permanent residence. Your new legal marriage will be accepted by Immigration BUT whether or not you will be given permanent residence depends on the strength of your application. Good luck. And congratulations on your baby.