+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

kimokimo

Jan 16, 2009
hey fairozm and everyone,

first of all i wanted to thank fairozm for ur support, and want to tell u a about our plan so u can guide us.

me and my future wife are planing to get married end of march, she is coming from Canada and she has canadian passport also im coming from Ksa so..

1-should i go to cairo before her?
2-i dont want to lose my job in ksa so i'll take one month off but as u mention before that they are asking for resignation ... so what should i do ?
3-as i said before my wife got the canadian passport after the pr so what should she bring with her from canada before she comes .. of course with her citizenship card and passport ?
4-after i finish my application can i go back to my work in Saudi Arabia till i receive the visa or i have to be in cairo?
5-do we have to meet again in Cairo for any reason for example .. interview in the embassy...

thank you in advance

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Ok so here is the answer!

1. No you don't have to.

2. If you can't finish some paper work, do for any of your family tawkeeel rasmi and let them finish the paper work instead of you. Ie qaei aeli ... but i hope u finish it fast... As for the resignation, this is the last step before they issue the visa... so if u get this request it means u are approved... so it is up to you what you want to do.

3. Your wife has to bring her citizenship card and also her passport (photocopy them as proof of citizenship) also you will need to transilate stamps on passport... ie when you guys entered egypt and stuff like that... this will give more proof...

4. Yes you can go back to Saudi Arabia... also provide a proof that your wife is going back to Canada since she is in Canada, they may not ask for a resigniation but sometimes it happens... but this is usullay after they approve you. so if they ask u for this, it is a good sign! :) This means tehy are ready to issue ur visa!

5. Try to avoid the interview ( interview means they are not sure if ur relationship is genuin) so if you provide good evidance to convince them, your application will be procssed fast and also will u will avoid the interview!

So before you go, I advice you to write the steps you have to do on paper. There is alot of things to be done!

Schedual an appointment for Health checkup with the dr. from the list. It may take a week or so to get the paper from them,

ask for your security clearance records from any police station (this one doesn't have to be transilated)

when you get ur marriage certifiicate (it has to be transilated at ministry of justice, lazougly) oh make multiple arabic copies of the marriage certificate... make at least 3 just incase...

Your birth certificate has to be transilated from health ministry in lazougly)

Now for the steps for qaed aeli...
first change your raqaam qawmi status to say married.. (you can give them a transilated copy of this card as they ask for national identity card) you can do this in sigil madni 3abasyah... or somewhere else depends on where u live pay for the mamoozag saree3... i believe it can be done in two days...

second you have to take your card with the status change and with ur marriage certificate and process the raqam qawmi which takes a week if it goes smoothly but they usually want money coz u are married to a foreigner :)

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello Attractive,

Bring them more evidance to prove that u get married for love! memorize the applications and try to find out what do they ask in interviews!

I don't know how to help you really... but you have to know everything about ur wife... so memorize things really well so you don't forget anything there!

kimokimo

Jan 16, 2009
hey guys,

just wanna ask u about the medical test, what is the best place in cairo ?
and how long it takes ?

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Get a name from the list and just call and go. All of them are the same so I don't think it does matter which one you go to.

I believe i saw only 2 doctors listed but there could be more.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hey attractive,

I don't think u should be metamen at all coz they requested ur passport (they do this for all applicants). My advice is to gather stronger evidance to show ur love. More photos, more chats, more letters from officials that know her,etc. U can be metamen with immigration when u land in canada and u are with your wife.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
I don't know as I didn't do a bank draft. I just paid online! I think u will still need the receipt form because it is required. I know in Canada the bank has to stamp the receipt form. I don't know about international stuff so my advice for u is to read the instructions regarding the bank draft.

Also, we paid 900 because our evidance was 2kg. And it wasn't over night delivary. Just the regural DHL thing which took a week. Anyways, good luck! :) My evidance was extensive!

Good luck!

sarah2009

Jan 28, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and have a few question I would like to ask. I appreciate any information you may provide me.

1.When your spouse in Egypt is going for their medical exam they must bring "Appendix C" with them. There is a part which asks for "Visa office** that will be processing the file" Which office do you have to put there? (I am here in Canada he is there in Egypt)

2. In "Appendix A Document checklist- Immigrant" there is a list of things my spouse must provide. Is he suppose to send all this stuff to me here in Canada before I can apply? or is he suppose to submit some of the stuff directly to the Cairo office later on?

Thank-you

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello Sarah,

The office that process the medicals is in London!

He has to fill and sign his part and then send them to u. all of the application will goto cic-m first then the whole file will be transfered to egypt :)

evahmed

Jan 29, 2009
hi,
I come to Egypt to marry and had to come back to Canada shortly after as for my work. We didn't have enough time to start applying anything for sponsoring my husband to Canada. Now that I am in Canada, as of any of you who are seperated from your spouse, am sure you must feel what am feeling. But my question here is, would it be better for him to enter Canada first with a temporary Visa and then we would both apply for the spousal Visa? I was told that it takes a bit longer but would it be much better? Any replies would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

sarah2009

Jan 28, 2009
Hi Fairouzam,

Thank you very much for your response. I saw your more detailed response also on the other forum. I finally got through to the call centre, and they advised me to write CAIRO, EGYPT in #3 as the Visa office that will be processing the application. They also said that they send the medical results to London for processing, but that is not the office processing the visa. I hope this info. is correct.
Fairouzam, are you curently living in Canada of Egypt?

evahmed,

Congratulations on your marriage. I also recently got married in Egypt and had to come back for work. I initially thought I was going to live in Egypt but I changed my mind, so now I'm trying to begin the processes of having my husband sponsored. I asked around and did my research and this is what I found.
The fastest way to bring your husband over is as a visitor. The visitor visa does not take that long to be granted and once your husband arrives in Canada you can apply to sponser him and he will be allowed to remain in Canada until your sponsorship is complete and he is granted his PR. The down fall to this is, you can only provide an invitation for visitation, but it is upto the egyptian government to grant the visa. Unless your husband has a lot of money and a real good job, they most likely will decline the visa.
So ask him if he thinks they will grant him a visitors visa or not? If not you have to apply to sponsor him from here. Just go on the Canadian citizenship web site and download all the forms you need. It will be up to your husband to collect all the paper work you'll need from Egypt and send it to you here before you can apply. Hope this helps! what city do you live in?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sarah2009 said:
Hi Fairouzam,

Thank you very much for your response. I saw your more detailed response also on the other forum. I finally got through to the call centre, and they advised me to write CAIRO, EGYPT in #3 as the Visa office that will be processing the application. They also said that they send the medical results to London for processing, but that is not the office processing the visa. I hope this info. is correct.

evahmed,

Congratulations on your marriage. I also recently got married in Egypt and had to come back for work. I initially thought I was going to live in Egypt but I changed my mind, so now I'm trying to begin the processes of having my husband sponsored. I asked around and did my research and this is what I found.
The fastest way to bring your husband over is as a visitor. The visitor visa does not take that long to be granted and once your husband arrives in Canada you can apply to sponser him and he will be allowed to remain in Canada until your sponsorship is complete and he is granted his PR. The down fall to this is, you can only provide an invitation for visitation, but it is upto the egyptian government to grant the visa. Unless your husband has a lot of money and a real good job, they most likely will decline the visa.
So ask him if he thinks they will grant him a visitors visa or not? If not you have to apply to sponsor him from here. Just go on the Canadian citizenship web site and download all the forms you need. It will be up to your husband to collect all the paper work you'll need from Egypt and send it to you here before you can apply. Hope this helps! what city do you live in?
1, The egyptian government doesn't issue visitor visas for Canada, it the CHC in Cairo that does.
2. With a spouse in Canada it is extremely unlikely that the TRV would be issued.

PMM

evahmed

Jan 29, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

sarah2009 said:
Hi Fairouzam,

evahmed,

1, The egyptian government doesn't issue visitor visas for Canada, it the CHC in Cairo that does.
2. With a spouse in Canada it is extremely unlikely that the TRV would be issued.

PMM
am actually from new brunswick, the province that has nothing lol so you are saying that if I send an invitation they will most likely accept him to come as a visitor? And how long does it take after to do the sponsored spousal once he's here in canada?

attractive

Dec 19, 2008
hi,,,Congratulations to me -
i did the interview last Wednesday and was interview a very good
asked me about birth date of my wife and the history of marriage and asked me some of the names of her family and At the end of the interview took , my passport...... They said that we will contact you.
You are here only for worry and the fear

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
good that ur interview went well. Offcourse you have to be prepared for it. U never know what is the outcome. Did the officer tell u that u will get the visa?

Offcourse many people are worried coz it is their future. It doesn't mean that it went easy for u that it goes easy for others. Your fate is in the hands of immigraiton officer's hands. So fear actually is something good coz if u fear failure in the interview u will prepare more. I am sure u had fears urself coz u asked the same question million times so I am sure u were affraid too.