+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
2kg means extensive evidance !! Good for u! :)

I think Rasha is about to send hers. I sent mine last year around the same time and heard from them on August for a visa request but I had documents requested so this delayed me a bit. It took me time to send documents as well.

Good luck!

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
Hi all!
It has been some time I know. I got married, almost a month ago. We just went to the ministry of justice and signed the papers and that was it, didn't go and do anything at a mosque cause it got way too complicated. I didn't stay long enough to fill up all the forms before coming back to Canada. I recently sent the forms I needed my husband to fill up. He's going to send them back to me along with his forms translated and notorized. I hope everything is going well with all of you.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Congratulations poetresse! Did you enjoy your time in Egypt? I am in Canada now! Thank god my husband just got a job in his field. We are so blessed! I can't wait for the summer! Good luck with your application! I know it is hard to do things in Egypt! Many surprises. Our delay was like 5 months! :) I am glad it is over!

Fairouz

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
So our package was received in Mississauga today March 17th sent with UPS (MUCH CHEAPER BTW for those wanting to send from Egypt to Canada, DHL is almost double!) Inshallah all will go well, if there is anyone else who sent their application this month I would be happy to see how each others timelines go.
For those that already went through this, I have a question, once they approve me as a sponsor, how do they contact us that I have been approved. I would get my case ID at this point? My mailing address is here in Egypt and for those that know the postal system here is so unreliable! I hope all goes well wish me luck!

Lia

Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boncuk said:
For those that already went through this, I have a question, once they approve me as a sponsor, how do they contact us that I have been approved. I would get my case ID at this point? My mailing address is here in Egypt and for those that know the postal system here is so unreliable! I hope all goes well wish me luck!
When the officer at CPC-M approve your spouse as sponsor, will be sent a letter to him/her saying that it has been approved and where they forwarded the application to and there will have the Client ID. The Visa Office processing your case will also send to the person being sponsored a letter. :) I believe for all the Visa Offices it is the same procedure. Mine is São Paulo - Brazil. But so far we only got the letter (super delayed, by the way!) from CIC saying my husband has been approved and the process sent to my country. However, I knew it since yesterday that there (Brazil) they are already working on it since March 10th.

Good luck! :)

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Hey Lia
good luck to you too
but my point was.. I'm living in Egypt not Canada at the moment so I wondered if they will actually send it to me here or will it get lost lol

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
HI Everyone,

I have been equally slow in getting things together BUT I will be sending ours out this week as well!! Finally! [just a few days behind you Bonchuk]. We did everything in Egypt, and got delayed by letters of support.

So I have all of the documents and the translations [Thanks to Dalia at Happy Translation - if she is reading this, Dalia, I am waiting for your email ;)] and inshallah all things will be good!

I will keep everyone posted...and for those who have recently submitted, I would love to stay in touch, and compare notes.

salam
rasha

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hey Boncuk ,

I was living in Egypt as well at that time. Your receipt copy has a unique number. You should try to log in to see when u get approved. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

My applicaiton was approved on March 6 and got my letter to Egypt on March 19th, 2008. So not too bad!

I hope you get your letter soon!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I send my application out i Feb 2009 and it got to the office March 4th.

I am waiting for a letter as well.

Gluck for those who have been waiting.

Keep each other posted!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Sounds good Fairouz on my way to check it now!

And for Rasha and nguyentu2001 I would love to keep in touch to see how it goes!
Wish us all luck!
My hubby and I are waiting anxiously to hear anything lol!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Good luck guys! All I can tell u is to pray hard! :) God does listen! I was so blessed! God did the right things. Even the delays were for my own benefit!

Don't forget to keep a caips notes order handy also don't forget that you have an MP that can find information for you if you are worried! :)

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Well I'm not sure how good my MP will do for me seeing as I have been out of the country for 5 years! lol

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Hey I have asome questions .. I'm jumping ahead of myself but my hubby was asking me and I have no idea!
1 Once they approve him ins. do we get DHL to send his passport to the embassy and then get DHL to send it back to us?? I pay for both services?? We don't live in Cairo we live in the Nile Delta so we would have to drive to another city to get it sent from DHL so seems kind of silly.. we can't pick it up ourselves once it has been finished?

2 Anyone know any good flights leaving from Cairo to Toronto? We are a family of 5 , 3 of which are under the age of 5 so I was checking thomas cook to get an idea and the prices are so expensive! I thought they would have gone down by now :S

3 Mississauga got my package last Tuesday so I checked online and it didn't even recognise us yet.. does it get updated on Tuesdays?

Thanks guys you are all wonderful

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
We are a week behind each other in when our packages were received :).

For flights, honestly, look at Egypt Air... or AIR Canada..my flight went from Ottawa to London, and then on Egypt Air from London to Cairo.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Hey Rasha I tried to msg you but your inbox is full :)
I was thinking the same about Air Canada and Egypt Air.. I wonder how much it is now! lol