+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a dependent child alone

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
screech339 said:
There is no advantage in telling them of your plans. In fact, it may even jeopardize your landing if you inform this before your landing. CIC will then determined based on your plans that you are not moving to Canada as intended thus can cancel your COPR.
I don't want to jeopardize new born's chances of getting a PR..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kutchiputchi said:
I don't want to jeopardize new born's chances of getting a PR..
Your child has a very good chance of getting PR (almost 99% chance) unless the child has a medical issue that can cause excessive demand on Canada health care. So no worries.

The only issue is if the baby came premature and born earlier than expected before you officially land as PR. Once that happens, you have no choice but to inform CIC of birth and have them add the newborn added to your current PR application and added to COPR. This will of course cause delay in landing as PR as a family. This does not mean you will be denied PR. It just means you would have to wait longer to land as PR.

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
screech339 said:
Your child has a very good chance of getting PR (almost 99% chance) unless the child has a medical issue that can cause excessive demand on Canada health care. So no worries.

The only issue is if the baby came premature and born earlier than expected before you officially land as PR. Once that happens, you have no choice but to inform CIC of birth and have them add the newborn added to your current PR application and added to COPR. This will of course cause delay in landing as PR as a family. This does not mean you will be denied PR. It just means you would have to wait longer to land as PR.
What should we right in the intentions to move? Should we copy the previous letter or just mention that we didn't move by now because wanting to deliver in our country?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kutchiputchi said:
What should we right in the intentions to move? Should we copy the previous letter or just mention that we didn't move by now because wanting to deliver in our country?
Why are you worried about it now? It is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned and to CIC's concern if you land before baby is born and move back for baby delivery. Once you land as PR, your PR application and process would be officially closed and finished.

Once the baby is born in home country, your status as PR has no bearing on the newborn's getting PR on his/her own.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Once you land, you need to give an Canadian address whereby CIC can send you a PR card in the mail. You need to give an address of a relative of yours so that they can get your PR card on your behalf.

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
screech339 said:
Once you land, you need to give an Canadian address whereby CIC can send you a PR card in the mail. You need to give an address of a relative of yours so that they can get your PR card on your behalf.
Thank you that wont be a problem as we have grandparents there.

Should I add myself as co-signer as a PR? (after we land in Canada and back of course) or my wife (Citizen) is enough?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
screech339 said:
Dependent children are exempt from the excessive demand clause.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Dependent children are exempt from the excessive demand clause.
You are correct. My mistake. For some reason I seem to remember a case whereby a doctor couldn't bring his daughter to Canada due to excessive medical medical clause. Perhaps it was through a difference PR process other than spousal PR sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kutchiputchi said:
What do you mean..?
Screech had stated that your child had a good chance at PR unless s/he had a medical issue that would cause excessive demand (i.e. cost Canada too much money). I was clarifying that dependent children being sponsored are exempt from that clause, so even if a child has serious medical issues, it will not prevent sponsorship.

kutchiputchi said:
Should I add myself as co-signer as a PR? (after we land in Canada and back of course) or my wife (Citizen) is enough?
You don't need to co-sign. That is more for other Family Class categories where there are minimum income requirements.

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Screech had stated that your child had a good chance at PR unless s/he had a medical issue that would cause excessive demand (i.e. cost Canada too much money). I was clarifying that dependent children being sponsored are exempt from that clause, so even if a child has serious medical issues, it will not prevent sponsorship.

You don't need to co-sign. That is more for other Family Class categories where there are minimum income requirements.
Do we need to fill all the forms as we did for sponsoring spouse?
for example, What do we write on:

1. Background / Declaration (5669E)
2. Additional family information (5406E),
3. Additional dependants (IMM0008DEPENU),
4. Country specific instrucations (3911E) - Do we need police certificates?
5. on Sponsorship evalutaion (5481E) my wife currently unemployed because taking care of current child, would it be a problem?

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Do we need to fill all the forms as we did for sponsoring spouse?
for example, What do we write on:

1. Background / Declaration (5669E)
2. Additional family information (5406E),
3. Additional dependants (IMM0008DEPENU),
4. Country specific instrucations (3911E) - Do we need police certificates?
5. on Sponsorship evalutaion (5481E) my wife currently unemployed because taking care of current child, would it be a problem?