20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MilesAway said:
screech: They do need to sponsor the child, because the Canadian parent was not born in Canada or naturalized.

I will say this for the last time: YOU CANNOT SPONSOR THE CHILD ALONE INLAND. Outland is the ONLY option. The child can be in Canada as a visitor, if it has a visa-exempt passport. You then apply to extend the stay 30 days before it expires.
I agree with your post 100%. I made a post to say if the parent is in fact born in Canada or naturalized Canadian, then the parent can pass it on to their child. I also made a point that if the parent is not Canadian born or naturalized, the child still need to be sponsored for PR.

I did make a mistake in my post when he mentioned the spouse being Canadian by descent that the child can get citizenship. I completely missed that note. So yes their child have to be sponsored for PR because the child cannot gain Canadian citizenship through the parent.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
The OP has been asking this question since June, and has not clarified if they have actually landed as a PR yet. I suspect the OP may have landed without notifying the VO of the birth. In which case they have a much bigger problem to deal with.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MilesAway said:
The OP has been asking this question since June, and has not clarified if they have actually landed as a PR yet. I suspect the OP may have landed without notifying the VO of the birth. In which case they have a much bigger problem to deal with.
Yep, I made a similar comment in my post yesterday.

Now THAT would be a devastating mistake!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MilesAway said:
That may be possible. But I did remember recent post asking if he can land as PR and then go back to home country to deliver the baby. He apparently says that the COPR expires 3 months before the baby is scheduled to be born. So he has the option to land in Canada and return to deliver baby in home country or land and stay in Canada and have baby in Canada. Those were his options. Both are valid and doable options. However he needs to be aware that if they decided to land first and then have baby back in home country, they would still need to submit a PR paper for child. The first option of staying in Canada and then having baby in Canada run the risk of having to pay for the medical expenses of delivering the baby, unless they move to Alberta. They would be covered from day one medically.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
The posts have not made a whole lot of sense. First, they applied in April, and had PR in June, which is impressive to say the least. Then he said that he wanted to add his new baby to the application, when he already had a PR visa. Then, he said that he wanted to deliver the baby in their home country, so the baby apparently had not been born yet, or it had a twin that didn't want to leave. Now he says he is a PR already, and was sponsored inland. So...I'm not entirely sure what other advice we can give the OP.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MilesAway said:
The posts have not made a whole lot of sense. First, they applied in April, and had PR in June, which is impressive to say the least. Then he said that he wanted to add his new baby to the application, when he already had a PR visa. Then, he said that he wanted to deliver the baby in their home country, so the baby apparently had not been born yet, or it had a twin that didn't want to leave. Now he says he is a PR already, and was sponsored inland. So...I'm not entirely sure what other advice we can give the OP.
I am not aware of his past postings. I was merely responding to what I saw in his first post in this thread.

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
I don't remember asking that in June, but anyway just to be clear once again:

Wife - Citizen by parents & pregnant (8 weeks)
Husband + current child - just got COPR (Expires on November)

We haven't been landed yet, still in our home country waiting While the baby is cooking.

The problem: We want to deliver in home country due to medical problem in the past

Question: After baby is born, what is the right process to get him PR also.

That's it :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kutchiputchi said:

We haven't been landed yet, still in our home country waiting While the baby is cooking.

The problem: We want to deliver in home country due to medical problem in the past

The right process if I were in your shoes if you insist on having baby in home country.

Land and then return to country. Have baby in home country. Wait for baby to have home country passport. Move to Canada with baby's passport (visa exempt country, thus no TRV required). Once in Canada, start paperwork for child's PR sponsorship. You still have to send it outland regardless.

The reason I say take this approach is that even though the wife is Canadian and can sponsor dependent for PR while outside Canada, she has to prove that you will be moving back to Canada. If you submit papers while in Canada, proof of moving to Canada is not required since you are already in Canada.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
kutchiputchi said:

New baby
« on: June 29, 2014, 02:05:09 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
I was sponsored by my wife and I've just received my pr.
While the application was being processed, we had a new baby.

What shell we do now ? The application was just for me because my wife was pregnant at that time..
Can we make the landing anyway?
What status our son will have?

Your COPR is good until November? Are you sure? Unless you just did your medicals in November 2014, that doesn't sound right.

The process has been explained a few times already. See screech's post above.

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
MilesAway said:
New baby
« on: June 29, 2014, 02:05:09 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
I was sponsored by my wife and I've just received my pr.
While the application was being processed, we had a new baby.

What shell we do now ? The application was just for me because my wife was pregnant at that time..
Can we make the landing anyway?
What status our son will have?

Your COPR is good until November? Are you sure? Unless you just did your medicals in November 2014, that doesn't sound right.

The process has been explained a few times already. See screech's post above.

It was about our current child which is now 8 month old (the sentence 'Ive just received my pr' was a mistake for the sponsor approval)

As I said we just got COPR & not landed yet. And I got confused.. Is the new PR process should be inland / outland and where we as parents have to be at that time..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kutchiputchi said:
It was about our current child which is now 8 month old (the sentence 'Ive just received my pr' was a mistake for the sponsor approval)

As I said we just got COPR & not landed yet. And I got confused.. Is the new PR process should be inland / outland and where we as parents have to be at that time..
Not sure where you are getting "new PR process". As of now and always has been. Sponsorship of dependent is always done outland regardless of where the parents are located in Canada or outside Canada.

You can sponsor your child while you and your wife are living outside canada since your wife as Canadian can do this. However the wife have to prove to CIC that you intend to move back to Canada as soon as child get PR.

If you and your wife is in Canada, she can sponsor the child for PR again sent outland (application will be sent to child's home country for processing). This approach allow you to remove the onus to prove that you are intending to move to Canada since you are already in Canada.

Sorry I can't make this any clearer. I hope you now understand what you need to do.

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
screech339 said:
Not sure where you are getting "new PR process". As of now and always has been. Sponsorship of dependent is always done outland regardless of where the parents are located in Canada or outside Canada.

You can sponsor your child while you and your wife are living outside canada since your wife as Canadian can do this. However the wife have to prove to CIC that you intend to move back to Canada as soon as child get PR.

If you and your wife is in Canada, she can sponsor the child for PR again sent outland (application will be sent to child's home country for processing). This approach allow you to remove the onus to prove that you are intending to move to Canada since you are already in Canada.

Sorry I can't make this any clearer. I hope you now understand what you need to do.
Can we point cic to the previous application where we mentioned our intentions to move back to Canada? or is it all new blank application regardless what was sent before?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kutchiputchi said:
Can we point cic to the previous application where we mentioned our intentions to move back to Canada? or is it all new blank application regardless what was sent before?
It is a brand new application for the child. Proof of intent to move back to Canada is still required if you are submitting PR application while in home country. Brand new because the circumstances are now difference. You are living outside Canada. CIC will want proof that you will move back with child gets PR. They don't want to give child PR when you don't have a planned date on moving back or the planned move date is too far in the future.

There was a case an applicant was denied COPR because they demonstrated that they are moving back to Canada too far in the future. In other words, not moving to Canada when COPR is issued.

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
screech339 said:
It is a brand new application for the child. Proof of intent to move back to Canada is still required if you are submitting PR application while in home country. Brand new because the circumstances are now difference. You are living outside Canada. CIC will want proof that you will move back with child gets PR. They don't want to give child PR when you don't have a planned date on moving back or the planned move date is too far in the future.

There was a case an applicant was denied COPR because they demonstrated that they are moving back to Canada too far in the future. In other words, not moving to Canada when COPR is issued.
Is there an advantage for updating them now about our plans and explaining why we're not moving right away and the reason for our decision to give birth here?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kutchiputchi said:
Is there an advantage for updating them now about our plans and explaining why we're not moving right away and the reason for our decision to give birth here?
There is no advantage in telling them of your plans. In fact, it may even jeopardize your landing if you inform this before your landing. CIC will then determined based on your plans that you are not moving to Canada as intended thus can cancel your COPR.