App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
yang01 said:
Hi all.

Im one of the dependents of my mother in canada. Yesterday,I received a letter about the medical exam. My problem is, I am turning to 6 months pregnancy. What will I do? Do I need to have medical exam? Deadline to comply will be on June or should I wait until my baby is born? Pls enlighten me. Would the other dependents will also wait until I give birth? Or they can still go to Canada even without me?
You MUST complete your medical examination before CIC will proceed with the application. However, even if you are prepared to take the medical while you are pregnant, finding a panel physician who will accept the risk may prove impossible. Inform CIC that you are pregnant and they will defer the application. Nobody will be issued a visa until you ALL are ready.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
on-hold said:
Without commenting on the details of the original situation, I think that Madal's point that people here do not really understand the situations that refugees come out of is very well made. Quite simply, what he says is true, and the complexity is made worse by uneven access to information that the principle actors suffer under. This isn't simply cured by landing in Canada -- there are issues of language, of stress and mental health, and lasting trauma, not to mention the challenges of moving suddenly from a Kenyan refugee camp to Edmonton. It is natural for someone who represents this community to seek advice here, where it's not expert but at least acceptable; and it's shameful for them to be automatically met with the blank 'laws are laws, she should have known better'. All laws have applications that differ from their letter -- for example, it's generally understood that to offer large gifts secretly to a sitting Senator is not done; and yet the man who did that is not being charged. Many people don't like immigrants, I understand that, look at the disgusting comment that brought up, Lord knows why, Somali participation in the drug trade. All I can say to that is I am an immigrant to Canada; and before that, my great-grandparents were immigrants to America; and they came here by buying a ticket on a boat. That route has been closed off because the people here don't want more people coming so easily, and now we live in a world of detailed regulations and 'declare this before' and 'invalid marriage under Canadian law' -- that's fine, but it also behooves everyone to remember that we're talking about a young woman under great stress, with few resources, living in an unstable situation, and limited access to information. It would really make me happy if just once she could get advice without enduring the gauntlet of 'laws are laws'. CIC understands this itself, otherwise H&C would not exist. Keesio, ROB_TO, zardoz, and scylla, I appreciate you giving her direct advice and suggesting things she should mention to a real lawyer. Jomz and obronobini, is this really the role you want to play?
what role did I play ? I was being as honest as I can . Cic is going to wonder how a teen got pregnant for 9 months and no one knew then she got pregnant again and no one knew . She got married , I suggested she wait and go back to remarry when she's of legal age . This case is very complicated , and it true ignorant of the law is no excuse . Cic has the final say , I didn't mean to make anyone feel terrible . I was just being honest with the issue . This has been weeks ago I didn't even know of anything like humanitarian reason or how it works . I hope she find a way to sponsor her husband and child and not get into trouble for misrepresentation . I gave her opinions of remarrying etc so I don't see what I said wrong . Not every case can go through successfully with humanitarian means . Sometimes cic will stick to the law it up to them not me or anyone here . The guy wasn't clear at the beginning and everything was more complicated . There is difference btn war and sponsorship . War can't be used as an excuse to justify misrepresentation. Cic has the final say so like others have suggested a lawyer is needed

yang01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to HOKNGKONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
April 2012
Med's Done....
Remed 9-6-2015
Interview........
Landing interview 13-8-2015
Passport Req..
Aug.17,2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-15 ; VOH 15-9-15
LANDED..........
Hopefully October 2015 ☺
How long it usually takes after lets say I give birth on september?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
yang01 said:
How long it usually takes after lets say I give birth on september?
Let's assume that you do the majority of the medical, excluding X-Rays, while you are pregnant. You then do the X-Rays as soon as reasonable after the birth, maybe a couple of weeks. CIC get notified and act on it, maybe an extra month. Then they have to finalize the applications, maybe another month..

You, I would guess, are looking at 2 to 3 months after birth for the final processing of the existing applicants.
HOWEVER, you now have a new applicant that you have to add to the application. The baby will need to be processed and have a medical done. So, you will have to factor that in as well. I have no idea how long that will take.

In other words, your guess is as good as mine...

yang01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to HOKNGKONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
April 2012
Med's Done....
Remed 9-6-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug.17,2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-15 ; VOH 15-9-15
LANDED..........
Hopefully October 2015 ☺
By then, that will be the only time can be approved for PR? Am I right ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Yes, everything must be finished before any of you can be approved for PR. It's "all or nothing".

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
Madal said:
We don't charge this type of service anything, it is voluntary and free of charge. When a disadvantaged person come to Edmonton, people in his surrounding tell him/her to come to the community office for help, and we are group of young people who volunteer ten hour per week to guide these confused refugees to the right path.
Thank you for FINALLY explaining who you are and what your role is in this. Everytime you post people have asked you what your role is and you have never responded before. You ignored them every time. Many people assumed you were working as an unlicensed consultant, as it is clear you have very poor knowledge of the immigration system but kept coming up with extremely difficult cases that clearly need an expert lawyer.

So thank you for clearing that up. Thank you for finally responding after being asked 10 times the same question.

I think most people here will be willing to help you. But immigration isn't simple. The laws are not simple. When people ask for clarification it's not because they want to annoy you. It's because the answer will be different depending on the situation. And yet, when people ask you for clarification you almost never respond. In fact, you don't even seem to comprehend what they mean.

For example:

"A man has sponsored a family of six, father, mother, two boys and two girls"
You think this needs no explaination.

Even when you are asked for clarification you refuse to provide it because you think it doesn't need clarification.

But it needs clarification. ("the man" could refer to someone outside the family,or the father, or either of the 2 sons. So "the man" could be one of four people. Instead of being mysterious and beligerent, why not just answer the question? Who is the man? If it's the father, then why can't you just say " the man is the father. the man sponsored his family including his wife, 2 sons and 2 daughters"? Why is that so difficult for you to type? Why do you have to be asked 10 times and you still can't say that?

You say you are a group of young people trying to help out. Fine. Thats awesome. I'm not trying to be hard on you. But when the experts ask you for clarification, please stop ignoring them. Please stop being beligerant. Please just answer the question. If you don't know the answer, at least say "i dont know" so that they know you read their question and they don't need to ask it 10 more times.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
steerpike said:
Thank you for FINALLY explaining who you are and what your role is in this. Everytime you post people have asked you what your role is and you have never responded before. You ignored them every time. Many people assumed you were working as an unlicensed consultant, as it is clear you have very poor knowledge of the immigration system but kept coming up with extremely difficult cases that clearly need an expert lawyer.

So thank you for clearing that up. Thank you for finally responding after being asked 10 times the same question.

I think most people here will be willing to help you. But immigration isn't simple. The laws are not simple. When people ask for clarification it's not because they want to annoy you. It's because the answer will be different depending on the situation. And yet, when people ask you for clarification you almost never respond. In fact, you don't even seem to comprehend what they mean.

For example:

You think this needs no explaination.

Even when you are asked for clarification you refuse to provide it because you think it doesn't need clarification.

But it needs clarification. ("the man" could refer to someone outside the family,or the father, or either of the 2 sons. So "the man" could be one of four people. Instead of being mysterious and beligerent, why not just answer the question? Who is the man? If it's the father, then why can't you just say " the man is the father. the man sponsored his family including his wife, 2 sons and 2 daughters"? Why is that so difficult for you to type? Why do you have to be asked 10 times and you still can't say that?

You say you are a group of young people trying to help out. Fine. Thats awesome. I'm not trying to be hard on you. But when the experts ask you for clarification, please stop ignoring them. Please stop being beligerant. Please just answer the question. If you don't know the answer, at least say "i dont know" so that they know you read their question and they don't need to ask it 10 more times.
exactly . His posts are confusing sometimes . Hope he comes with better clarifications next time

yang01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to HOKNGKONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
April 2012
Med's Done....
Remed 9-6-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug.17,2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-15 ; VOH 15-9-15
LANDED..........
Hopefully October 2015 ☺
Thank you so much. ;) :D

yang01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to HOKNGKONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
April 2012
Med's Done....
Remed 9-6-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug.17,2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-15 ; VOH 15-9-15
LANDED..........
Hopefully October 2015 ☺
zardoz said:
Let's assume that you do the majority of the medical, excluding X-Rays, while you are pregnant. You then do the X-Rays as soon as reasonable after the birth, maybe a couple of weeks. CIC get notified and act on it, maybe an extra month. Then they have to finalize the applications, maybe another month..

You, I would guess, are looking at 2 to 3 months after birth for the final processing of the existing applicants.
HOWEVER, you now have a new applicant that you have to add to the application. The baby will need to be processed and have a medical done. So, you will have to factor that in as well. I have no idea how long that will take.

In other words, your guess is as good as mine...
Hi again. Would it be ok if I put the surname of the father on my baby's name? In Philippines, that would be okay even if parents are not yet married. Or bettet yet to put my surname?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
yang01 said:
Hi again. Would it be ok if I put the surname of the father on my baby's name? In Philippines, that would be okay even if parents are not yet married. Or bettet yet to put my surname?
I don't believe that CIC will care one way or another. As long as you are still eligible as your mother's dependent...

yang01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to HOKNGKONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
April 2012
Med's Done....
Remed 9-6-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug.17,2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-15 ; VOH 15-9-15
LANDED..........
Hopefully October 2015 ☺
I see.We processed the papers when I was 16 or 17. I am now 23 do I have to continue my education?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No, but you probably can't be married or in a common-law relationship.

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi yang01,

Who is your sponsor? Do He/She have cosignee? Is your Sponsor have dependent/s in Canada or outside Canada? How many in the applications including principal applicant and dependents? What year did your sponsor filed the application. If your sponsor cant qualify for LICO after you gave birth or for additional dependent the entire application will get refuse. My sister gave birth and they re assess our income canadian immigration are too strict especially LICO. If you are in the Philippines as what canadian embassy manila wrote me child of dependent child will be added as dependent of principal applicant. Canadian immigration will do all or none in the family, you can not take off or remove one or all dependent childrens of principal applicant. This is base on my own situation.

Andy

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If I have followed her thread history correctly, her mother is the PR already via LCP and the OP is an included dependent.