+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
hi friends,

Is it better if I get Medical Exam in advance before application submission,
and then submit the SOWP-Spouse Open Work permit online/VFS in India ?

To save the processing time. Is it a correct way ?

Please can anyone suggest me.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
smartindian said:
hi friends,

To save the processing time. Is it a correct way ?

Please can anyone suggest me.
It's all up to you. How you want to proceed with your application. Some people does do upfront medicals to save time and some don't. We personally didn't because we submitted the application through vfs New Delhi Paper based. For paper app you will only get a tracking number but there is no application number provided. You can only check the status if you have an application number on you. But you will get the same once a request of medical has been issued. So that's the only reason we didn't d upfront medicals. Also the reason we applied paper based is time frames. New Delhi processing times was way lower than as compared to online. I am not sure about now but you can always check and make a right decision. You can check the processing times online on cic website.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smartindian said:
If you are applying online and have the time to do the medical, might as well finish the medical upfront. We applied online when my wife was in India and did the medical upfront. While I don't think it affected our processing time (we got our approval in 2 months which is what CIC claims on the website as well), it just gave us peace of mind knowing that we don't have to run around when we get the request for medical.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
kveashoka said:
Hi
I have applied on March 23, 2016 for SOWP for my wife online with upfront medicals. I got an update that she has cleared the medicals within a week. There is no update so far. I submitted a case specific enquiery since the processing time has passed. :'(
HI my Husband is in hyderabad ,India .DO you know the list of hospitals for doing the medicals at hyderbad.the link in cic does not show up anything.

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Dear Friends,

I am applying SOWP-Spouse Open Work Permit online in Canada.

Please correct me if I am wrong:

(1) if applying in Canada----Indian Applicant must submit PCC-Police Clearance Certificate

(2) if applying in India----Indian Applicant do not need to submit PCC-Police Clearance Certificate

Does anyone know about it ?

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Did anyone get any updates who applied through vfs India. Please let me know. I applied on 18th march. No updates yet.

Thanks.

Dec 19, 2013
Hi....all

I applied SOWP for my wife and TRV for kid on April 1st.

Today I got a maIL stating that Passport has been dispatched. But no info on whether approved or rejected.

Can anyone help me in finding the status.

Thank you.

vishnuvishal

May 12, 2016
Hi all,

I applied on march 22nd, 2016 and got a rejection on May 9th 2016.. The reason they mentioned was lack of authenticity of documents. What normally causes this rejection when they mention lack of authenticity? Also, we sent them an email asking what documents actually concern them but they did not respond to the query.. WE sent them an email on 9th of May, 2016 to this emil ID delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. We haven't got any response yet... Am not sure if this is the correct one.. Can you guys please help me with this ?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
raghu_balachandar said:
Hi....all

I applied SOWP for my wife and TRV for kid on April 1st.

Today I got a maIL stating that Passport has been dispatched. But no info on whether approved or rejected.

Can anyone help me in finding the status.

Thank you.
Hi raghu,

You can only check the status of the application if you have the application #. For online submition you get the same instantly but for paper based the only way to retain the number is when you get a request of medical. If you did upfront medicals then unfortunately you cannot check it online. Becasue all VFS gives you is the tracking number which cannot be used for status update purposes.

you can track the same : https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433

kveashoka

Jan 25, 2014
I don't know what the hell is going on at CIC. I have applied for SOWP online with upfront medicals on March 23,2016. I got an update as my wife has passed medicals within a week. It says 2 months for processing. Today is 70th day.I didn't get anything so far.I submitted a case specific enquiry too. What could happen next? Is there any way to contact call centers? Does it work?

Documents attached in Explanation letter
1.Passport
2.Offer letter
3.Pay slips
For spouse
1.Passport
2.Educational certificated for bachelors

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kveashoka said:
I don't know what the hell is going on at CIC. I have applied for SOWP online with upfront medicals on March 23,2016. I got an update as my wife has passed medicals within a week. It says 2 months for processing. Today is 70th day.I didn't get anything so far.I submitted a case specific enquiry too. What could happen next? Is there any way to contact call centers? Does it work?

Documents attached in Explanation letter
1.Passport
2.Offer letter
3.Pay slips
For spouse
1.Passport
2.Educational certificated for bachelors
Where does your wife reside currently? I read on the forum that applications being processed in Chandigarh, India are being delayed and the office has put up a notice stating that there will be delays due to excess load.

kveashoka

Jan 25, 2014
Thanks for the reply. She resides in India. I applied online. I don't know where it is being processed exactly.

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
HARSH131010190 said:
can i apply for SOWP if i am woking in NOC b but it is parttime possition?
How many hours do you work ? If you work 30 or more thn that thn go ahead with SOWP... because you gotta attach Job offer letter when you apply for SOWP for spouse application.

Regards,
Sid