+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

dudu13

Aug 10, 2011
Hello!
I am writing you to know for sure if my responsabilities correspond to those practised in Canada by social workers.
So, I have been working in social assistance for more than 4 years. For two years I supported disabled people to find and maintain a job. These mean that I've offered them social and professional councelling, I tried to identify a proper job for their disabilities and abilities, I've done lobby activities in community for disabled people to make community aware of their need to have a quality life.
After the first two years I've done the same activities but for disadvantaged people (disabled people and young people who lived under the state care).
I intend to appply for this occupation, but I want to be sure that my job duties correspond?

Thank you in advance!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
As per the ministerial instructions, the duties you are or performed should match reflect those listed below. It should not be copy and paste. If you have abt 5-10 duties listed here, u shd be fine.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4152

Social workers perform some or all of the following duties:•Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, to assess their situation and problems and determine the types of services required
•Provide counsel and therapy to assist clients in developing skills to deal with and resolve their social and personal problems
•Plan programs of assistance for clients including referral to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services
•Investigate cases of child abuse or neglect and take authorized protective action when necessary
•Serve as members on interdisciplinary teams of professionals working with client groups
•Act as advocates for client groups in the community, lobby for solutions to problems directly affecting client groups and develop prevention and intervention programs to meet community needs
•Develop or advise on social policy legislation, conduct social research and assist in community development
•Provide mediation services and psychosocial assessments
•Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling and social programs
•May provide public education and consultation to professionals or groups regarding counselling services, issues and methods
•May supervise other social workers.
•Social workers may specialize in fields of practice such as child welfare, family services, corrections, gerontology or addictions.
Regards...Mandie

V

VoyageDRL

What is latest progress in those applicants applications that applied in July 25, 2011

nashe_31 said:
Dear friends,

I am not in the favor of creating new threads, unless they are very important, but since i havent met a single applicant of NOC 4152 on the forum (even the statistics shows that 528 apllicant have already applied under this catagory). I just want to say," where are you guys"? :)

Please introduce your self, share your experiences of filling the application as well as current status, to have some good fellows of our NOC b4 we enter CANADA!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
VoyageDRL said:
What is latest progress in those applicants applications that applied in July 25, 2011
The applicant you quoted is a May applicant. Check July thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-planning-to-apply-after-01-july-2011-lets-connect-t72572.0.html

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
March, 08, 2013, Received April 08, 2013
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
PPR1: September 02, 2013, PPR2: October 30, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Hi everyone:

I got RBVO status on the E-cas...I am wondering do the Visa office send any acknowledgement?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
kan2008 said:
Hi everyone:

I got RBVO status on the E-cas...I am wondering do the Visa office send any acknowledgement?
No, not for RBVO. However depending on the VO, they will send AOR by snail mail....Mandie

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Thanks mandie...

I wanted to send some documetns and information...I am wondering what should i do....should i send it now or should i wait becasue e-cas is not reliable.

Thanks

mandiebraxton said:
No, not for RBVO. However depending on the VO, they will send AOR by snail mail....Mandie

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
kan2008 said:
Thanks mandie...

I wanted to send some documetns and information...I am wondering what should i do....should i send it now or should i wait becasue e-cas is not reliable.

Thanks
What docs? Is it PCC? I sent my PCC shortly after PER as I did not want it to expire...Mandie

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Mandie:

Where did you send? Visa office or Nova Soctia Office? How long did you wait before sending the DOCS?

The problem is: i want to communicate with the Visa office before they start the processing. Because at Nova Scotia Office they had assigned me wrong points for the Education. And I do not want the VIsa office to repeat the same error.

I got RBVO at the e-cas but everybody knows the E-cas is not reliable as it changes its status periodically without the the actual event.

mandiebraxton said:
What docs? Is it PCC? I sent my PCC shortly after PER as I did not want it to expire...Mandie

V

VoyageDRL

What is latest progress on applicants' of 4152 after July 25,2011

nashe_31 said:
Dear friends,
What is status towards those applicants who applied for 4152 after July 2011.

I am not in the favor of creating new threads, unless they are very important, but since i havent met a single applicant of NOC 4152 on the forum (even the statistics shows that 528 apllicant have already applied under this catagory). I just want to say," where are you guys"? :)

Please introduce your self, share your experiences of filling the application as well as current status, to have some good fellows of our NOC b4 we enter CANADA!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
@ Kan2008, you are done with CIO, NS. All communications should be with your VO. Send the a case specific enquiry or write to them via snail mail.....Mandie

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Dear Samar, Shami, Mandie, Kan2008, Tasneem, Nayma,

Got my PER email yesterday ;D, Thanks for your perpetual help and encouragement, and wish u all a smooth processing on wards.
Cheers,

Nashe

Nayma

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nashe_31 said:

Got my PER email yesterday ;D, Thanks for your perpetual help and encouragement, and wish u all a smooth processing on wards.
Cheers,

Nashe
CONGRATULATIONS
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nayma

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
nashe_31 said:

Cheers,

Nashe
Hooray!! I always wondered about you and your PER! Now I am happy!!!
One confirmation, degree in SW doesn't matter, it's experience all the way.
Oh, you made my morning, Nashe...Mandie

astopal

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nashe_31 said:

Cheers,

Nashe
Congrates buddy on ur PER,,,