+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
I asked Singapore VO today how long it might take to schedule for an interview. And they gave an indefinite answer:

Yes your wife is in the interview list and there are a lot of applicants in this queue. Once an interview is scheduled, both you and your wife will be advised of date, time and venue of the interview. Please wait to hear from this office.

How many people are in queue from this forum, do you have any idea,folks?

Oct 20, 2011
Singapore VO does not send any thing to you or your wife until passport request or remedical or interview request or more document if. Only letter you received from CIC-M Approval letter and nothing else.Only you can see update on ecas even it is not 100% accurate .Wait until if you see in process or order for CAIPS Notes. Or e-mail to Singapore VO.

Hi, can you tell me how I can obtain ECAS number to check online? can you give me Singapore VO address so I can email them to ask if they can give me my ECAS number. Thank you for all your help

bev canadian

Apr 27, 2011
my hubby in thailand jst received a letter from singapore saying he is on their interview list...pls cany anyone help us with:

(1) HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE BEFORE HE GETS THE LETTER INDICATING THE TIME N DATE FOR THE INTERVIEW

(2) DO ANY ONE HAS AN IDEAL ON WAT QUESTIONS THEY ARE GOING TO ASK HIM?
Plsssss help, i will really appreciate any help from anyone...plsss help pls...thanks all

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Amy612 said:
were they refused saying that relationship was not genuine?
yeah, as i said earlier approval rate is only 55%. so assume that 50% of the refused cases are genuine.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
tomgonefishing said:
Singapore VO does not send any thing to you or your wife until passport request or remedical or interview request or more document if. Only letter you received from CIC-M Approval letter and nothing else.Only you can see update on ecas even it is not 100% accurate .Wait until if you see in process or order for CAIPS Notes. Or e-mail to Singapore VO.

Hi, can you tell me how I can obtain ECAS number to check online? can you give me Singapore VO address so I can email them to ask if they can give me my ECAS number. Thank you for all your help
r u asking about file no?

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
suva said:
but another expert told me that we can send more useful proofs if u think that can help the officer to evaluate ur file before it goes to IN PROCESS. sometimes they call for interview just to see whether the relationship is still alive. so sending them proofs in the middle might help u avoiding interviews.
They would ask for more evidence before requesting an interview wouldnt they? I mean, they would look at the file and request more up-to-date evidence, if neccessary, before simply postponing for an interview right?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Hello121 said:
They would ask for more evidence before requesting an interview wouldnt they? I mean, they would look at the file and request more up-to-date evidence, if neccessary, before simply postponing for an interview right?
Because Since new immigration minister Jason Kenney replaced by Jan Brown , he gave more power to an immigration officer to do what ever they want or make any decision.

Before 2006 if an immigration thing you picture is not enough or not clear or want more supporting documents normally they request to applicant.

Now they have power to make decide base on what supporting documents we included at the beginning.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Hello121 said:
wrong. they wont tell u to submit more relationship proofs. its our interest to make our file richer before it goes IN PROCESS. they may only ask for PC or medical reports. For me i might send detail of my travel history(in order to reduce the time for security checks), few important family photos with captions, our communications after we filed our case(everyday we talk for 2/3 hours), proofs of gifts given to each other via fedex in our religious festivals. i dont know whether these would work for me and my wife or not but atleast we gotta try. good luck fellow applicants.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
Because Since new immigration minister Jason Kenney replaced by Jan Brown , he gave more power to an immigration officer to do what ever they want or make any decision.

Before 2006 if an immigration thing you picture is not enough or not clear or want more supporting documents normally they request to applicant.

Now they have power to make decide base on what supporting documents we included at the beginning.
bro, if u submit more proofs it will add up to your file along with your medical report. a senior expert advised me to do that. this may help u or not.. but atleast we should try our best.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
suva said:
wrong. they wont tell u to submit more relationship proofs. its our interest to make our file richer before it goes IN PROCESS. they may only ask for PC or medical reports. For me i might send detail of my travel history(in order to reduce the time for security checks), few important family photos with captions, our communications after we filed our case(everyday we talk for 2/3 hours), proofs of gifts given to each other via fedex in our religious festivals. i dont know whether these would work for me and my wife or not but atleast we gotta try. good luck fellow applicants.
But how you know your file is in process or not where ECAS is not 100% accurate. And my friend wife received interview letter noting change on ecas still showed application received.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
But how you know your file is in process or not where ECAS is not 100% accurate. And my friend wife received interview letter noting change on ecas still showed application received.
as soon as i get the file by mailing them (as u advised before) i will send send those. definately i will take few months to go in process. i am assuming that they will call me for an interview, so i have nothing to lose, i just wanna try.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Dragoon said:
Interviews are generally done at the applicant's country and not at Singapore, but the IO schedules those so some times you have to wait for a whole year before they come around to your area.
What does it mean by "IO"? who actually schedule the interview for Bangladesh?

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Guys ,
I have few questions ,please help me....

1.Did you send just the photocopy of Marriage Certificate or a notarized copy of the Marriage Certificate? Because in the document checklist, they just asked for the photocopy? Does it mean "Notarized one" , may be this was my problem .They didn't believe my marriage certificate at first look. Any suggestion?

2.Did anybody receive/submit any letter from Canadian Local High Commission to prove that your marriage was genuine?

3. Can i submit more documents while my file is in interview waiting list? Though they said "NO", but is there any exception?

Thanks in advance for helping me

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
stupidrim said:
Guys ,
I have few questions ,please help me....

1.Did you send just the photocopy of Marriage Certificate or a notarized copy of the Marriage Certificate? Because in the document checklist, they just asked for the photocopy? Does it mean "Notarized one" , may be this was my problem .They didn't believe my marriage certificate at first look. Any suggestion?
I did send mine photocopy with notarized seal on it.My original certificate was not in English i did translated and notoriety.Some time at the interview they ask for original marriage certificate or when they ask you to give passport for visa seal. So you may need original one
2.Did anybody receive/submit any letter from Canadian Local High Commission to prove that your marriage was genuine?
Nope.Marriage certificate is enough and NIKAH NAMA ( marriage deed)
3. Can i submit more documents while my file is in interview waiting list? Though they said "NO", but is there any exception?
NOPE. If there are more supporting documents you will show at the interview but not duplicate supporting documents.
Thanks in advance for helping me

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Hi every body,
I really need your advice. I sponsored my husband and son last month. I am a returning permanent resident, and was unemployed when I applied. I have shown bank balance in Canada which I transfered from Bangladesh when I returned as the proof that I can bear expenses of my family. I also show balance in our joint account, which I will transfer when my spouse will be approved, and my income of the last two years in my home country.
Now my question is do you think I will be eligible as a sponsor?
Right now I got a part time job and started to work from the last week. Is there any way I can send the copy of my pay slips, or employment letter to CIC? I sent application on sept 28 and they have not yet started processing.

Is there any one who can give me advice what I should do right now?
Thanks
Amy 612