+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Amy612 said:
Hi every body,
I really need your advice. I sponsored my husband and son last month. I am a returning permanent resident, and was unemployed when I applied. I have shown bank balance in Canada which I transfered from Bangladesh when I returned as the proof that I can bear expenses of my family. I also show balance in our joint account, which I will transfer when my spouse will be approved, and my income of the last two years in my home country.
Now my question is do you think I will be eligible as a sponsor?
Right now I got a part time job and started to work from the last week. Is there any way I can send the copy of my pay slips, or employment letter to CIC? I sent application on sept 28 and they have not yet started processing.

Is there any one who can give me advice what I should do right now?
Thanks
Amy 612
I think you are eligible. You can send your documents anytime to CIC using your client ID. You can call CIC also for more clarification.

Oct 20, 2011
r u asking about file no?

Yes, I m asking how to obtain file no# because i have not received any notice at all since sending my application on july 2010. Any can help would be appreciated

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
tomgonefishing said:
r u asking about file no?

Yes, I m asking how to obtain file no# because i have not received any notice at all since sending my application on july 2010. Any can help would be appreciated
u can email them asking for the file no. @ Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca, or u can order CAIPs.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
stupidrim said:
I think you are eligible. You can send your documents anytime to CIC using your client ID. You can call CIC also for more clarification.
Thanks. But I dont have any file number. I just applied for sponsorship and waiting for sponsorship approval.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Amy612 said:
Thanks. But I dont have any file number. I just applied for sponsorship and waiting for sponsorship approval.
It doesn't matter ,just mention your client id in a separate page. And request them to add those documents referring your client id. You can double check with CIC call center tomorrow. I did couple times like that. Client id works same as your file number in canada.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
suva said:
i have just found this data... its horrible... approval rate for SG VO is only 57%(in last 12 months)... wow.. it was 83% in 2009
source:
http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=5175A6F0-1&xsl=datacataloguerecord&xml=5175A6F0-61E1-49FC-8E5D-0BBCDAF5969D&formid=427337D0-7C36-4FED-8428-C6A63F8C19B3&showfromadmin=1&readonly=true
Look like Singapore is most lowest approval rate and they take more time too now.
They make me scare now. Just praying until process start.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
Look like Singapore is most lowest approval rate and they take more time too now.
They make me scare now. Just praying until process start.
they dont hesitate to say NO even to the genuine couples. its like playing lottery if your VO is singapore. i heard that interview is the first step to refuse an application for SG. because if they refuse without an interview then it will be a problem for the officer if the applicant go for an appeal.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
stupidrim said:
Shafin, one question how do you know that they look your file in july and Oct? I think mirjahan is right. We should send more documents to prove our application genuine. I am gonna send some documents with more pictures today. I hope regular mail from Canada to singapore will not take more than 10 days.
Hello Shafin,
Do you have any update on your file?or Did you receive any interview Call?

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
stupidrim said:
Hello Shafin,
Do you have any update on your file?or Did you receive any interview Call?
No news. i send them email. This is what they replied ... Please note that so far our office has not sent you or your wife any mail. Please wait to hear from us. most likely end of November i will hear something from them.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
shafin said:
No news. i send them email. This is what they replied ... Please note that so far our office has not sent you or your wife any mail. Please wait to hear from us. most likely end of November i will hear something from them.

I sent photocopies of my marriage certificates without certified same as yours , but others are original. Do you think this might be an issue? Did you send certified copy recently?

Some people on other forum told that asking CAIPS note make your file processing delay, Visa office doesn't like to give CAIPS notes. People advised not to ask for CAIPS note. I am not sure,it is true or not.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
shafin said:
@ Shafin I think you get answer beginning of the November. My friend wife received letter for interview list. Your time line and my friend time exactly same. So i think you may get an answer neither beginning of the November or end of that month.
Singapore VO never reply or answer about file status. Day by day Singapore VO approval rate is decreasing. It makes me more worry and kinda scary.
Shafin who did reply your mail from Singapore VO?

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
stupidrim said:
It doesn't matter ,just mention your client id in a separate page. And request them to add those documents referring your client id. You can double check with CIC call center tomorrow. I did couple times like that. Client id works same as your file number in canada.
Thanks a lot. I tried several times to call CIC call center but you know the line is always busy. By the way, could you please tell me how can I get my Client ID number?

Regards

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Amy612 said:
Thanks a lot. I tried several times to call CIC call center but you know the line is always busy. By the way, could you please tell me how can I get my Client ID number?

Regards
it's written on your immigration/PR card .Or any other immigration documents.

shafin

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Jan 27, 2012
mirjahan said:
Shafin who did reply your mail from Singapore VO?
CANADA VISA
Facsimile | Télécopieur of Immigration Section: (65) 6854-5874 | Mitnet: 350-3914
General Immigration Enquiry Email: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Office website: www.cic.gc.ca or www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/singapore
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
One George Street, # 11-01, Singapore 049145
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
BubbaBlue said:
My wife has changed phone numbers several times since I sent off my application. Is there any reason to update Singapore on this, or is it unlikely that they will use her phone number to contact her. Also since I have you all here, I'm certain that my wife's medical is set to expire, her and I are going to be in Bangkok in the next few weeks can anything be gained by re-doing her medical before they request it?

Bubba

Not sure but if I were you I'd be sending her new telephone number to the VO.