Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
suva said:
welcome bro, be well prepared. one of my close relatives got refused after interview even though they were 100% genuine. now they r living here in bangladesh. approval rate for SG vo is only around 55%. good luck
Did they appeal? I know one family their visa was refused from Dhaka. Dhaka VO took 5 months to call interview.
I have know two families their interview waived.

Just praying for me not to have interview. I wish, i will visit Bangladesh next Jan-Feb and praying for my wife get visa without any interview but it is still in dream.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
Did they appeal? I know one family their visa was refused from Dhaka. Dhaka VO took 5 months to call interview.
I have know two families their interview waived.

Just praying for me not to have interview. I wish, i will visit Bangladesh next Jan-Feb and praying for my wife get visa without any interview but it is still in dream.
they didnt appeal because they didnt want to lose another 2 years for immigration rules right at this moment. now they r staying together in BD. probably they r gonna reapply after gathering some relationship proofs. however the only thing thats making me mad is the low approval rate.
just keep on praying man. all depends on the visa officers wish. u never know how SG works. nothing we can do about it. good wishes for u and ur wife.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
suva said:
they didnt appeal because they didnt want to lose another 2 years for immigration rules right at this moment. now they r staying together in BD. probably they r gonna reapply after gathering some relationship proofs. however the only thing thats making me mad is the low approval rate.
just keep on praying man. all depends on the visa officers wish. u never know how SG works. nothing we can do about it. good wishes for u and ur wife.
Since Conservative came in power 2006 they changed all the thing in immigration. Last election i gave vote to Liberal still they lost due to not a strong leader .
since 2006 sponsor processing time is increasing.

If you are Canadian Citizen .Before if you child born aboard they are automatic Canadian Citizen since 2009 you a child is not automatic citizen. Must be sponsor by father or mother as a permanent resident to bring back in Canada from aboard.

Conservative main target to investor immigrant not a family immigrant.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
mirjahan said:
Since Conservative came in power they changed all the thing in immigration. Last election i gave vote to Liberal still they lost due to not a strong leader .

If you are Canadian Citizen .Before if you child born aboard they are automatic Canadian Citizen since 2009 you a child is not automatic citizen. Must be sponsor by father or mother as a permanent resident to bring back in Canada from aboard.

Conservative main target to investor immigrant not a family immigrant.
the bottom line is they dont want family members from 3rd world country. For UK, AUS and other European countries they r reducing the processing time and increasing the approval rate. even for the indians the processing time is only 4/5 months. but for us its a very different story,

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they interview Bangladeshi applicant ( Dhaka Office) in Bengali? If not, Do they provide interpreter if applicant ask for one ?

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
I was recently told by a girl from the local immigration office here in Canada to not bother sending anymore evidence of relationship until you are requested to do so by the Singapore office. :-\

Was going to send more pictures from my 2nd visit to her and send alot more phone card reciepts.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
silenthill_ca said:
Do they interview Bangladeshi applicant ( Dhaka Office) in Bengali? If not, Do they provide interpreter if applicant ask for one ?
yeah they do provide interpreter.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
Hello121 said:
I was recently told by a girl from the local immigration office here in Canada to not bother sending anymore evidence of relationship until you are requested to do so by the Singapore office. :-\

Was going to send more pictures from my 2nd visit to her and send alot more phone card reciepts.
but another expert told me that we can send more useful proofs if u think that can help the officer to evaluate ur file before it goes to IN PROCESS. sometimes they call for interview just to see whether the relationship is still alive. so sending them proofs in the middle might help u avoiding interviews.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
suva said:
but another expert told me that we can send more useful proofs if u think that can help the officer to evaluate ur file before it goes to IN PROCESS. sometimes they call for interview just to see whether the relationship is still alive. so sending them proofs in the middle might help u avoiding interviews.
I do not think sending more proof will avoid interview. It is better wait for answer from them if they ask then send. Normally they make decision your from first supporting documents they receive at the beginning.
Each application they review three times if they are not satisfy at beginning they will never satisfy and will call for interview.

I have friend they send a letter to his wife for interview but never see process in ecas.
This month they are sending interview letter to most of Bangladeshi , Why?

My friend timeline
Jan 05,2011 application received by Singapore and never see in process. This month received letter for interview with in 24 months.
There is no clue to know if they will call for interview or they are satisfy with my supporting documents.

As i seen if there is not seen in process within 5-7 months mean they will ask for interview. I did not find any clue about when they may ask for interview may not.

Additional document send if any new event,or you visit to see him or her then it may be i am not sure.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
suva said:
Yeah. I hear you suva. It does make sense.

I don't know what to do. The will look at my papers soon according to my MP. I guess I will just wait.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
suva said:
just try to take it easy and order CAIPs. u will find out why they need an interview.
Thanks guys for your support, i am now sick and frustrated. It seems to me , my first anniversary i will have to celebrate alone.

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stupidrim said:
suva said:
just try to take it easy and order CAIPs. u will find out why they need an interview.
[/quote
Thanks guys for your support, i am now sick and frustrated. It seems to me , my first anniversary i will have to celebrate alone.
I can relate what you feeling. I had to spend time on my 1st anniversary alone. Sometimes dunno what to do..:(.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
suva said:
welcome bro, be well prepared. one of my close relatives got refused after interview even though they were 100% genuine. now they r living here in bangladesh. approval rate for SG vo is only around 55%. good luck
were they refused saying that relationship was not genuine?

doan123

Sep 12, 2011
hey guys ...
Just want to share some of my timeline info here

I sent in my application in Jan 25ish, 2011 for sponsorship and approved on Feb 25ish, 2011
my wife PR application in turn sent to and received by singapore visa office on Mar 3, 2011
until a few days ago, it changed the status from "Application Received" to "In Process"
following the In Process link, it stated

We received xxxx's application for permanent residence on March 3, 2011.
We started processing xxxx's application on October 19, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

Iam very happy and I hope our application will go smoothly and everyone's in here as well

fingers crossed

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
doan123 said:
hey guys ...
Just want to share some of my timeline info here

I sent in my application in Jan 25ish, 2011 for sponsorship and approved on Feb 25ish, 2011
my wife PR application in turn sent to and received by singapore visa office on Mar 3, 2011
until a few days ago, it changed the status from "Application Received" to "In Process"
following the In Process link, it stated

We received xxxx's application for permanent residence on March 3, 2011.
We started processing xxxx's application on October 19, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

Iam very happy and I hope our application will go smoothly and everyone's in here as well

fingers crossed
I wish you good luck. End of next month you will see ask for passport. You are lucky not ask for interview.

For me more days pass stress is build up and more panic.