Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Re: New Citizenship Act Bill C-24 discrimination against foreign workers/students

itstime said:
You said:

Have you worked out how many years 1095 days are? Almost exactly 3 years. From the date of application you have to prove that you were in Canada for a full 1095 days. The thing is, as soon as you reach a new year, the oldest year drops off and is not countable. It is very easy to lose days and lose eligibility.
The discussion is about physical presence. I said there is no requirement that you have to be physically present every year at the moment which will change with the new rules. That would mean you can stay in your home country for one year straight and still be eligible if you live the next three in Canada. Get it? 3 out of 4 years eligible.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Citizenship Act Bill C-24 discrimination against foreign workers/students

it is going to help the economy with more people paying taxes.
What is it to do with PR or citizenship? Citizens do not pay taxes? If only :D

Of you mean that Canada is forcing somebody, who is desperately waiting for citizenship because he came to Canada only to get it and leave forever, actually live and work in Canada (4 years of 6, without possibility to leave for half of a year) just for paying taxes? But you also may say that those who come here are taking jobs from Canadians who would be glad to work and pay those damn taxes. :D

Well, if somebody was granted a privilege to come to Canada , Canada does not hold him here against his will. ;), a person may live here and follow CANADIAN rules or just go home. It is a free country! :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014

Regina said:
1.What is it to do with PR or citizenship?

2.But you also may say that those who come here are taking jobs from Canadians who would be glad to work and pay those damn taxes. :D

3. It is a free country! :)
1. It is to do with me, I want Canada's economy to be good ;D
2. Canada needs people at the moment that is why visas are being issued, it won't stay the same forever. Not all the population is skilled in Canada that is the main reason, why would they issue visas in the first place otherwise other than tourist/visitor visas?
3. Citizens of convenience seem to abuse it.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I said there is no requirement that you have to be physically present every year at the moment which will change with the new rules
Your first post that started your argument was not clear enough. I did not understand it completely.

Now you explained what you meant , but it is not a big difference if you could be abroad a year of for or only 1/2 of a year. With today rules you have to return after A YEAR abroad and stay THREE years in Canada, with new rules you can go abroad FOUR times for a half year and then stay in Canada for only TWO years till applying for citizenship.

But all together as I said previously a genuine working person cannot afford to live "here and there" as he wishes, and I do not care about those who can afford it.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014

I don't know how else to explain it, I have tried three different versions of the same damn thing ;)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

why would they issue visas in the first place otherwise other than tourist/visitor visas?
Did not you notice that visas for EDUCATED immigrants are scarce but it is easy to get working visas for low skilled and semi-skilled immigrants? And the lower wage -taxes are also low. So all this immigration to Canada is not about taxes of immigrants of the first generation. Canada is interested in future generations of the present immigrants. :) And of course, low skilled Canadians-born do not want to do dirty work , they prefer getting welfare generation after generation. But somebody has to do that job, doesn't he?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014

Regina said:
Did not you notice that visas for EDUCATED immigrants are scarce but it is easy to get working visas for low skilled and semi-skilled immigrants? And the lower wage -taxes are also low. So all this immigration to Canada is not about taxes of immigrants of the first generation. Canada is interested in future generations of the present immigrants. :) And of course, low skilled Canadians-born do not want to do dirty work , they prefer getting welfare generation after generation. But somebody has to do that job, doesn't he?
Scarce? Most issued visas are for skilled workers be it foreign ones or the ones who do their education here and apply for PR through CEC/PNP like programs.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014

Regina said:
Nope. Only the last post was clear.
Lol, I don't know what's unclear about this:
I said there is no requirement that you have to be physically present every year at the moment which will change with the new rules.
But, hey to each their own.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

guri3577 said:
The discussion is about physical presence. I said there is no requirement that you have to be physically present every year at the moment which will change with the new rules. That would mean you can stay in your home country for one year straight and still be eligible if you live the next three in Canada. Get it? 3 out of 4 years eligible.
1095 days is almost exactly 3 years. You take one month off and go to your home country, that's a month lost which you need to compensate for by staying a month in your fourth year. You take a month off and go to your home country every year, you suddenly have 3 months to compensate for in the fourth year.

The way you wrote your statement made it come off as a PR can apply for citizenship after having been PR for 3 out of four years and not even have to live in Canada. That is wrong. You HAVE to spend 1095 days in the past 4 years in Canada before you can apply for citizenship. It's a lot harder than some think to reach that quota.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014

itstime said:
1095 days is almost exactly 3 years. You take one month off and go to your home country, that's a month lost which you need to compensate for by staying a month in your fourth year. You take a month off and go to your home country every year, you suddenly have 3 months to compensate for in the fourth year.

The way you wrote your statement made it come off as a PR can apply for citizenship after having been PR for 3 out of four years and not even have to live in Canada. That is wrong. You HAVE to spend 1095 days in the past 4 years in Canada before you can apply for citizenship. It's a lot harder than some think to reach that quota.
I said you don't have to be here every year out of the four years under the current rules. I don't think it is hard to reach, one gets 365 days to be on vacations that should be enough IMO.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Regina said:
Nope. Only the last post was clear.
Really? I still don't get how you can apply for PR after 3 out of 4 years without being in Canada when citizenship requirements say that you have to be here 1095 days. Teleportation? Cloning? Cheating the system?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014

itstime said:
Really? I still don't get how you can apply for PR after 3 out of 4 years without being in Canada when citizenship requirements say that you have to be here 1095 days. Teleportation? Cloning? Cheating the system?
read my first post on this page it should clear everything.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

guri3577 said:
read my first post on this page it should clear everything.
Nope, you're still twisting it.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014

itstime said:
Nope, you're still twisting it.
How? It clearly states everything in detail.