Sign petition: New Citizenship Act Bill C-24 discrimination

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry_aussie said:
Australia is one of them

@ Sashali78, you are gem mate !. I visit this thread couple of times a day to keep myself updated with the progress in our petition.
Thanks Buddy, but I really don't want to take all the credit. There is a bunch of people working closely, some of them (the core team) from the very start, that's what helped to achieve all those things. You can find their details on the website - they all deserve a huge thank you.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

In preparation for our testimony in front of the committee we need your help to gather some statistical data. Will much appreciate if you fill in a 2min survey on our group website: http://preprtimecounts.com/2014/05/01/take-our-survey/
Many thanks in advance!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our group testifies in front of the Citizenship and Immigration committee on May,7 2014!

Please join me in congratulating Taya T. and Maria S. who had successfully represented our group in CIMM hearing with regards to Bill C-24. Although they were notified just one hour before the meeting that their speech time had to be cut in half due to scheduling issues, they managed to deliver a clear and convincing message which received broad support from committee members and was unanimously agreed upon by the expert witnesses from the ruling party!

Speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV56blSDpLM&feature=youtube_gdata&noredirect=1
Q&A1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGv-vDmDNXY&feature=youtube_gdata
Q&A2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5sCPDNG-Nw&feature=youtube_gdata

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J5M said:
Hi,

Yes. Not even a single amendment passed.
I am sorry but I am a little confused. Do you mean the bill has failed or, do you mean our efforts to block it has failed? Because, as far as I am aware, the bill has received a royal assent :(

Hence, our efforts to block this from passing has failed, right? :'(

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
sashali78 said:
Although for some of you this may be still a long way ahead but the new Citizenship Act Bill C-24 is going to affect all foreign temporary workers and students. In fact it discriminates against our group as we are the only group which will be affected by twice as long extension period.
I have started a petition on Change.Org here: https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/senate-of-canada-house-of-commons-mp-s-do-not-allow-the-discrimination-of-former-foreign-workers-by-the-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24#

Once we have enough support and signatures I will plan to take it to media, MP's and House of Commons. Your help s crucial, please sign, forward and share on Facebook, Twitter as much as you can.

Thank you
Alex

Do you REALLY think the Canadian Govt. and/or MP's care about what international foreign citizens of another country want to be implemented in Canada? It's their country not OURS. Our signing this petition as international students has no effect on the govt of Canada. I won't even say try because it's like someone from a third world country telling or dictating the US govt on how to make its foreign policy. LOL.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Garfieldyo said:
Do you REALLY think the Canadian Govt. and/or MP's care about what international foreign citizens of another country want to be implemented in Canada? It's their country not OURS. Our signing this petition as international students has no effect on the govt of Canada. I won't even say try because it's like someone from a third world country telling or dictating the US govt on how to make its foreign policy. LOL.
Well put, and obviously correct. The petition, letters to MP's, protests, etc. obviously had no impact at all on the political process, and the bill passed as the democratically elected government saw fit.

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
Garfieldyo said:
U R RIGHT !!!! But sashli didn't gave any updates till now

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Garfieldyo said:
Are you talking about Cons MPs leading Canada to economic recession? They truly don't care about anyone but couple of their rich friends. Good part is they are creating a lot of volunteers for other parties.