September 2024 Citizenship Applications

Millenium

May 29, 2019
Type: Online application
App Type: Family of 4 (All adults)
Physical Presence Days: 1100
App Sent Date: Sep 3, 2024
AOR Received Sep 12, 2024

Started the tracker Sep 14, 2024 for the 4 applications (No issues there).

Millenium

May 29, 2019
Question for the forum, I received a request for additional information (for 3 members of my family, linked to Police certificate); believe or not it took me 1 hour to figured out that I simply had to reply to the email with the attachment and that's it (with the file number in the subject). Guess I really needed to read the fine-print in the email.
My question is, the request for information came the same day as the AOR, I replied also the same day but the tracker is still showing "We are waiting for you", I guess it takes time to update the tracker. Anyone with the same experience?
Thanks

Plants

Sep 14, 2024
Quick Question what is the difference between Application sent date and Application received date. Also has has everyone received AOR for Application submitted on September 6,2024

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Quick Question what is the difference between Application sent date and Application received date. Also has has everyone received AOR for Application submitted on September 6,2024
It used for paper application, where you mail it to IRCC and they receive after 3-5 days. For online application it's the same date.

Apr 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
I submitted my application on September 5th. Today I received a mail that there was missing information. When I log into my account, it says that they cannot verify my time in Canada prior to becoming a PR. I haven’t seen many cases of this but I wanted to write it in here to document it and see what happens. What I did was make reference to my passport page stamp and wrote a letter of explanation. Hopefully this will be sufficient otherwise I might just wait until my PR days are enough.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I submitted my application on September 5th. Today I received a mail that there was missing information. When I log into my account, it says that they cannot verify my time in Canada prior to becoming a PR. I haven’t seen many cases of this but I wanted to write it in here to document it and see what happens. What I did was make reference to my passport page stamp and wrote a letter of explanation. Hopefully this will be sufficient otherwise I might just wait until my PR days are enough.
What were your pre PR days all about?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
I came as a visitor Nov 2020 and applied for PR through spousal sponsorship in April 2021. So I have a full year where I was inland while waiting for the application. I have about 175 days prior to becoming PR that count towards citizenship. Interested to hear others who went through the same but many don’t come back to say what happened after getting it sorted

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I came as a visitor Nov 2020 and applied for PR through spousal sponsorship in April 2021. So I have a full year where I was inland while waiting for the application. I have about 175 days prior to becoming PR that count towards citizenship. Interested to hear others who went through the same but many don’t come back to say what happened after getting it sorted
This becomes difficult to prove and IRCC in most cases puts the onus on the applicant.

Apr 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
I see. I’ve ordered the entry and exit records in the meantime in case they return the application again but I’m not sure why they would because they have access to these entry and exit records if they request it and I’m sure they would receive it much quicker than If the application comes back again, I’ll submit it but if that fails, I will just have to wait close to 6 months to get the days as a PR. We shall see.

Ihenna

Sep 19, 2024
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1412
App Sent Date: Sept 7, 2024 (Online)
App Delivered Date: Sept 7, 2024
AOR Date: Waiting