+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2016 Citizenship Applicants

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
Hi folks, quick question regarding to the eCAS. My status only shows as below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 22, 2016. -> this is the date my application was delivered to Sydney.
We started processing your application on October 7, 2016.

There is no separate line indicate the AOR date, which I see someone had in their status as "We sent you a correspondence... and a book called 'Discover Canada'... on xxxx ". Plus I can see my home address box today as it was not there.

Just curious, is everyone seeing differently?
same here no update even after test invite. Just in process

suriyaramesh

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shyurun79: same in my case too, but i noticed when IP started my home address was not there, but it got populated recently! Hopefully awaiting for the Test dates ??? Best wishes to all :)

shyurun79 said:
Hi folks, quick question regarding to the eCAS. My status only shows as below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 22, 2016. -> this is the date my application was delivered to Sydney.
We started processing your application on October 7, 2016.

There is no separate line indicate the AOR date, which I see someone had in their status as "We sent you a correspondence... and a book called 'Discover Canada'... on xxxx ". Plus I can see my home address box today as it was not there.

Just curious, is everyone seeing differently?

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
I just noticed from the excel file that mostly people from alberta and ontario got test invites. I think quebec(montreal) and other provinces are prettty slow. What do you guys think?

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VraiVie said:
I just noticed from the excel file that mostly people from alberta and ontario got test invites. I think quebec(montreal) and other provinces are prettty slow. What do you guys think?
It is hard to say. Couple of weeks ago many Ontario applicants in our group were struggling with not receiving IP, but now seems we picked up the pace. I think overall everyone in our group should be in same speed.

khanbaba

Dec 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30-06-2011
December and January will be slow again. Because of Christmas vacations.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
someone messed up .. location column ..of the sept sheet. :(
guys plz check and if you dont mind update it..
if someone have backup.. please help
its kind of boring to me.. to keep eye on it..

Devs

Nov 2, 2016
Hi I received an email from Immigration department on October 14. It has an UIC and Application number.
How can I find out if the application is in process?

Can someone guide me on where and how I can check it.

Thanks

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Devs said:
Hi I received an email from Immigration department on October 14. It has an UIC and Application number.
How can I find out if the application is in process?

Can someone guide me on where and how I can check it.

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp
follow this link..
and fill your data..
if your data is uploaded... you can see your application status..
please share with us as well..your complete timeline..

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopinggirl said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 1, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 14, 2016.
We started processing your application on September 16, 2016.
We sent you a notice on October 12, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 3, 2016 at 8:01 AM.

Fingers crossed!!! :) I'm from vancouver and i will be taking the test this Thursday morning. Hoping for the best!! Assuming everything goes well, meaning I pass the test and the citizenship officer does not ask me for further information or anything, when the "decision made" status comes out online, does that automatically mean I passed? Really can't wait. This is 7yrs in the making for me!
GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR TEST & INTERVIEW
Hope every thing will be smooth for you
please update us for your experience in detail..
regards

hopinggirl

Oct 31, 2016
imran01 said:
GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR TEST & INTERVIEW
Hope every thing will be smooth for you
please update us for your experience in detail..
regards
Thank you so much! I arrived outside the building around 7:35pm so that was still pretty early for 8am since the automatic doors didnt open until exactly 8am. When we were upstairs they told us to prepare the first page of the test invite with a valid ID and they let everyone sit down, pencil and clipboard waiting on each chair. Everyone starts the test the same time and once you're done you go to another room to wait for your name to be called for the interview. I probably finished in 6mins, I was probably the 8th person to hand in my paper. Then maybe the 4th to get interviewed. The lady who interviewed me was very friendly and just asked for my IDs, landing paper and told me I had passed the test 20/20 and she took her time to one by one check my stamps, asked me where I work, a little about my family and some trips I took. At the end she told me everything seems good and to wait for a mail for the oath more or less in 3-5 months. SO YAY! Hopefully everything is all good and the processing time wont be too long.. fingers crossed that I get updates soon. I was out of the building by 9:10AM.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopinggirl said:
Thank you so much! I arrived outside the building around 7:35pm so that was still pretty early for 8am since the automatic doors didnt open until exactly 8am. When we were upstairs they told us to prepare the first page of the test invite with a valid ID and they let everyone sit down, pencil and clipboard waiting on each chair. Everyone starts the test the same time and once you're done you go to another room to wait for your name to be called for the interview. I probably finished in 6mins, I was probably the 8th person to hand in my paper. Then maybe the 4th to get interviewed. The lady who interviewed me was very friendly and just asked for my IDs, landing paper and told me I had passed the test 20/20 and she took her time to one by one check my stamps, asked me where I work, a little about my family and some trips I took. At the end she told me everything seems good and to wait for a mail for the oath more or less in 3-5 months. SO YAY! Hopefully everything is all good and the processing time wont be too long.. fingers crossed that I get updates soon. I was out of the building by 9:10AM.
Congratulation and thanks for your feedback very helpful indeed.
now in regards to the test, have you noticed which website had the closest format and question compared to the actual test? which websites helped you the most?
was the test straight forward in general or lots of tricky questions with specific dates and names that one needs to memorize ?
any feedback is appreciated
Thanks again and all the best

hopinggirl

Oct 31, 2016
Gussj said:
Congratulation and thanks for your feedback very helpful indeed.
now in regards to the test, have you noticed which website had the closest format and question compared to the actual test? which websites helped you the most?
was the test straight forward in general or lots of tricky questions with specific dates and names that one needs to memorize ?
any feedback is appreciated
Thanks again and all the best
Thank you. I feel like the one on citizenship counts website is enough, do the 100 question one to get as many questions as possible. As long as you study the guide, you're set. There aren't any questions that aren't in there. It was easier than I expected also, nothing too tricky or specific to be honest :)

khalid41

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
JUNE 2012

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopinggirl said:
thanks for your feedback.. much appreciated.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopinggirl said:
Thank you. I feel like the one on citizenship counts website is enough, do the 100 question one to get as many questions as possible. As long as you study the guide, you're set. There aren't any questions that aren't in there. It was easier than I expected also, nothing too tricky or specific to be honest :)
Thank you and all the best for all