+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 OUTLAND Applications

Raze

Feb 3, 2015
Hi Siniors

I want to thank you all from the bottom of heart, i also want to thank Nisha who introduced me to this forum. I would have been lost with out this forum. Please Siniors update status on the spreedsheet. My out land application was submitted 26/09/2014. Medical and the criminal checks was upfront. February 5 the CIC requested RPRF funds on the 14 /02 when I log on the CIC website it says DM. A week later I received my CORPS from LONDON LV office. What made my case strange is we never received sponsor approval, it's seems that their processing both applications simultaneously. I will be landing in YYZ soon. Thank you all

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
Claudzilla said:
I'm going to keep this short and post a more detailed update later.

Just wanted to let people know that I successfully landed by driving to the Carway border (Alberta/Montana) just this past Tuesday. It was drama filled, my husband I were made to feel like we were the reason the terrorists would win, and it was kind of awful. Basically it was, "We don't care what your paperwork says, or what your lawyer says, or what other people say. If you drive to the border to land, you're taking up valuable resources and preventing us from doing our jobs. You need to make an appointment through the CIC help desk and land at an office in Calgary." I'm paraphrasing, but not exaggerating. I'll post the particulars of that craziness later on. Still, so happy to be landed. Got my SIN on Wednesday and have been frantically applying for jobs every since.
Ridiculous.

We were going to land at Carway, but opted for Sweetgrass/Coutts and had zero issues. They were very polite and friendly and congratulated us. It was a Sunday evening.

Congrats all the same! :)

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
I wanted to share this as after reading the threads about some peoples experiences landing we felt very worried and anxious about it, and carried that feeling all the way to the border. Here's our experience:

So after a 530km/329m round road trip to the Saint Stephen NB/Calais Maine border today, we have now landed! 8) It was a beautiful warm and sunny day for the drive and very uneventful at the crossing..

1) We had just one car in front of us in the only lane open for the USA out of eight or so, and we only had to wait about 3 mins for our turn.. The US border agent was friendly and I told him my wife is here to flagpole. He took both our passports and did his scanning and then handed them back, and then pointed us to the road to turn back and go through to the Canada border a few hundred feet away.. I asked if he was supposed to give us some sort of paper or stamp and he said no, but if we have problems just tell the CBSA to give him a call.

2) We headed back the few hundred feet to the Canada Border and only had one car in front of us again in the only lane open.. We told the Canada agent we were just through here to flagpole for my wife's PR, and he gave us a yellow paper that he wrote "Flagpole" on lol.. And then told us to go park in lane 1 and go on in to process the COPR.

3) We went inside the Canada Border building, and two agents waved us over to them and they were really friendly, and asked how they could help us. My wife told the one agent that we were here with her COPR and he asked what is a COPR?, and the other agent laughed and said it's their Confirmation OF Permanent Residence. It was funny cause the guy was like man I have so many abbreviations to learn, and they both were chuckling back and forth.. We had our goods to follow done and the guy was impressed because he said most don't have it all ready beforehand. Then they just told us to have a seat and then a few minutes later they asked my wife a few questions, stamped and finalized everything, said welcome to Canada and that the PR card will take about 67 days to arrive etc.. They also gave her a sheet that tells her about how to get her SIN card, Health card etc. That was it! Took all of under 15 mins or so..

4) We thanked the Border Agents and left with big happy smiles! Then we hugged and kissed right there just outside the doors and then headed on the journey back home :)

Thanks to everyone in this thread and elsewhere on the Forum for all your help and guidance! There is no way we could have done this without all of you awesome people! 8)

We are very very thankful!

Dave and Sherry :)

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Evadyrrehs said:
So after a 530km/329m round road trip to the Saint Stephen NB/Calais Maine border today, we have now landed! 8) It was a beautiful warm and sunny day for the drive and very uneventful at the crossing..

1) We had just one car in front of us in the only lane open for the USA out of eight or so, and we waited for only about 3 mins for our turn.. The US border agent was friendly and I told him my wife is here to flagpole. He took both our passports and did his scanning and then handed them back, and pointed us to the road to turn back and go through the Canada border a few hundred feet away.. I asked if he was supposed to give us some sort of paper or stamp and he said no, and if we have problems just tell the CBSA to give him a call.

2) We headed back the few hundred feet to the Canada Border and only had one car in front of us again in the only lane open.. We told the Canada agent we were just through here to flagpole for my wife's PR, and he gave us a yellow paper that he wrote "Flagpole" on lol.. And then told us to go park in lane 1 and go on in to process the COPR.

3) We went inside the Canada Border building, and two agents waved us over to them and they were really friendly, and asked how they could help us. My wife told the one agent that we were here with her COPR and he asked what is a COPR?, and the other agent laughed and said it's their Confirmation OF Permanent Residence. It was funny cause the guy was like man I have so many abbreviations to learn, and they both were chuckling back and forth.. We had our goods to follow done and the guy was impressed because he said most don't have it all ready beforehand. Then they just told us to have a seat and then a few minutes later they asked my wife a few questions, stamped and finalized everything, said welcome to Canada and that the PR card will take about 67 days to arrive etc.. They also gave her a sheet that tells her about how to get her SIN card, Health card etc. That was it! Took all of under 15 mins or so..

4) We left with big happy smiles, hugged and kissed right there just outside the doors, and then headed on the journey back home :)

Thanks to everyone in this thread and elsewhere on the Forum for all your help and guidance! There is no way we could have done this without all of you awesome people! 8)

Congrats!! :) sounds like an enjoyable landing experience!!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Evadyrrehs said:

1) We had just one car in front of us in the only lane open for the USA out of eight or so, and we waited for only about 3 mins for our turn.. The US border agent was friendly and I told him my wife is here to flagpole. He took both our passports and did his scanning and then handed them back, and pointed us to the road to turn back and go through the Canada border a few hundred feet away.. I asked if he was supposed to give us some sort of paper or stamp and he said no, and if we have problems just tell the CBSA to give him a call.

4) We left with big happy smiles, hugged and kissed right there just outside the doors, and then headed on the journey back home :)

Awww.. This just made me tear up!.. I can't wait!.. congrats.. very happy for you!

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you ladies! 8) I wanted to post about it as reading some of the negative landing stories can add a lot of unnecessary anxiety in many cases..

Tuesday and time for some ECAS updates! Lets get things happening Ottawa and other VO's that still have people waiting! :mad:

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
Congratulations Dave and Sherry!! Awesome! :)

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
I just received DM in ecas this morning. The last line says:

4. A decision has been made on Michelle xxxxxx's application. The office will contact Michelle concerning this decision.

Has anyone else received this message as a GOOD sing? I thought it would say "Approved/Denied" in ecas? If so, and is approved; how long before you get something in the mail, and I was never asked for my visa? I am American, just worried.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!!! It's absolutely a good sign!! DM with no other requests for paperwork, etc 99.9% of the time means APPROVED.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
figtoria said:
Congratulations!!! It's absolutely a good sign!! DM with no other requests for paperwork, etc 99.9% of the time means APPROVED.
;) Thank you, a passport was not requested from me so I became nervous!

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
michminn said:

4. A decision has been made on Michelle xxxxxx's application. The office will contact XXXXXXX XXXX concerning this decision.

Has anyone else received this message as a GOOD sing? I thought it would say "Approved/Denied" in ecas? If so, and is approved; how long before you get something in the mail, and I was never asked for my visa? I am American, just worried.
It's definitely a good sign! congratulations! :)

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I will echo what others have said, it's absolutely a good thing! Time to do a happy dance michminn! 8) They won't ask for your passport as you're visa exempt and it will be stamped by the border agent when you land.. You can look forward to seeing your COPR in the mail soon.. Our's was in the mailbox 8 days after DM.. Congrats!

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
michminn said:

4. A decision has been made on Michelle xxxxxx's application. The office will contact Michelle Rae Robinson concerning this decision.

Congratulations Michelle :D.

Your name still appears on the second sentence. I guess you would want to hide it.

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
michminn said:

4. A decision has been made on Michelle xxxxxx's application. The office will contact XXXXX XXXXXXX concerning this decision.

It gives me a bit hope that you've received DM so soon after you send in that Original Police report! :)
I hope you receive your COPR very soon.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Evadyrrehs said:
I will echo what figtoria said, it's absolutely a good thing! Time to do a happy dance michminn! 8) They won't ask for your passport as you're visa exempt and it will be stamped by the border agent when you land.. Look forward to seeing your COPR in the mail soon.. Our's was in the mail 8 days after DM.. Congrats!

OMG! YAY, finally. tytytyty