Added. Welcome to the club.

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whoa, expected AOR almost 100 days and increasing fast. That's crazy. In half a month the expectation to receive the AOR increased by 20 days. If it keeps changing like that, I doubt that any September applicant is going to receive the letter this year.
For those of us having to mail now the BOWP application without the acknowledge of receipt letter, we are seeing that buying us 60 days may not be enough... crossing fingers. I wonder if there is someone looking at these numbers and figuring out that this is a very unfortunate problem for many of us!

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per the current statistics , Sep applicants should get AOR by December end. I see lot of Sep applicants CC charged. It will take two weeks to receive AOR from the date of CC charged. So 100+ days for AOR is not any more.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
rams2me said:
As per the current statistics , Sep applicants should get AOR by December end. I see lot of Sep applicants CC charged. It will take two weeks to receive AOR from the date of CC charged. So 100+ days for AOR is not any more.
Unfortunately for all of us, that's only in an ideal world where everybody is happy and dancing on the streets.

If you take a look at the spreadsheet for August 2014 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak496iTmJun8dGRyYUdxTkJnVUJmZHF2dUgtMlRGR1E&usp=sharing#gid=0 the time between the CC charge and the AOR is of almost (or even more than) 1 month for the latest people who received it.

Sad but true :(

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am guessing , when CC gets charged there should be a file number generated at the time of record entry. This could be AOR or equivalent to AOR. Like me anyone expecting their AOR number to apply for BOWP ,can still apply with a covering letter without AOR as soon as they see CC charged. Others can still wait till tehy get AOR via mail.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
rams2me said:
Am guessing , when CC gets charged there should be a file number generated at the time of record entry. This could be AOR or equivalent to AOR. Like me anyone expecting their AOR number to apply for BOWP ,can still apply with a covering letter without AOR as soon as they see CC charged. Others can still wait till tehy get AOR via mail.
Probably yes. But that's one of the mysteries of CIC. Nobody knows exactly how they work.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
rams2me said:
If I were you, I still apply for BOWP with the details what I had as of now. If CC charged then take that txn reference number and write a cover letter saying that I am submitting my application for BOWP because my present WP going to expire on this date along with my txn reference number.

Apparently, I think, this is the right way of doing because you are trying to avoid illegal or implied status in your record and ultimately CIC likes this way of honest.

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
Widget said:
Whoa, expected AOR almost 100 days and increasing fast. That's crazy. In half a month the expectation to receive the AOR increased by 20 days. If it keeps changing like that, I doubt that any September applicant is going to receive the letter this year.
For those of us having to mail now the BOWP application without the acknowledge of receipt letter, we are seeing that buying us 60 days may not be enough... crossing fingers. I wonder if there is someone looking at these numbers and figuring out that this is a very unfortunate problem for many of us!
I feel like this is going to be me. I'm so worried I won't even get an AOR by the time they look at my bowp application...

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And we still don't know if they're going to continue processing applications after Dec 31 right?

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Widget said:
And we still don't know if they're going to continue processing applications after Dec 31 right?
Why do you think they are not going to continue processing applications after Dec 31st? I don't know who brought this hoax to the forum.

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yokies said:
I feel like this is going to be me. I'm so worried I won't even get an AOR by the time they look at my bowp application...
Yup, same here! Go through the hassle of Implied Status to discover later that it was useless and you have to leave! Ahhh hopefully not! But if that happens and I have to leave, I doubt I'll ever come back.

Widget

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miglop2014 said:
Why do you think they are not going to continue processing applications after Dec 31st? I don't know who brought this hoax to the forum.
Because I haven't heard otherwise, but I agree - it's unlikely to happen.