+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^What Gurindar is saying, and something I agree on, is that a medical request at least gives you comfort as to where your application stands. Isn't it more stressful trying to wonder what your status is? Sure you can order GCMS notes but this takes 30 days each time.

Also, the medicals have a 1-year validity. Doing it early on will give you a small window to complete your landing in case your PR takes a while. (I hope it doesn't happen) but what if your processing takes more than 13 months, then you may even have to re-do your medicals.

BTW: I was a July 2013 applicant, did the Medicals end-Feb 2014 when I was sent the request. Our processing encountered a hiccup and I got my PPR only last Oct (15 months processing). So this gives me until Feb 2015 to land.
If we had done my upfront medicals Aug/Sept/Oct 2013 (3 months after I applied), then we would have needed to do it again (there's 4 of us in the application).

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
Pawanism said:
So If I do UFM , can't I track my application. will they don't update to my file number that they have received my medicals ? I have no patience to wait and want to get out of this stress. I know some people may not like the way I answered , but that's true. I wanna take some more suggestions or their experience by different people and take the decision
Hi Pawan,

I received Medical request and also pad RPRF upfront . ECAS does not rfelect that, infact I have seen several applicants who applied in , their ECAS shows as appplication received. The fact is they are processing the application and when they send PPR then CIC update the ECAS, in some of the cases.

If you are thinking to do upfront medical and RPRF , please go ahead and do that. it will save lots of time ... so once cIC start processing your application , they will process quickly...

After doing upfront medical and RPRF , do order GCMS. GCMS will confirm that they received it.....So choose better option for you.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
MenicMonday said:
^What Gurindar is saying, and something I agree on, is that a medical request at least gives you comfort as to where your application stands. Isn't it more stressful trying to wonder what your status is? Sure you can order GCMS notes but this takes 30 days each time.

Also, the medicals have a 1-year validity. Doing it early on will give you a small window to complete your landing in case your PR takes a while. (I hope it doesn't happen) but what if your processing takes more than 13 months, then you may even have to re-do your medicals.

BTW: I was a July 2013 applicant, did the Medicals end-Feb 2014 when I was sent the request. Our processing encountered a hiccup and I got my PPR only last Oct (15 months processing). So this gives me until Feb 2015 to land.
If we had done my upfront medicals Aug/Sept/Oct 2013 (3 months after I applied), then we would have needed to do it again (there's 4 of us in the application).
Great MenicMonday , the most important point you have notified which I just skipped , +1 for you .

Would like to add I believe Medical request can be waited , Order GCMS notes after one month or so and if you see Medical are updated in ecas and ELIG shows PASS without any hesitation pay UF RPRF.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
MJ009 said:
Hi Pawan,

I received Medical request and also pad RPRF upfront . ECAS does not rfelect that, infact I have seen several applicants who applied in , their ECAS shows as appplication received. The fact is they are processing the application and when they send PPR then CIC update the ECAS, in some of the cases.

If you are thinking to do upfront medical and RPRF , please go ahead and do that. it will save lots of time ... so once cIC start processing your application , they will process quickly...

After doing upfront medical and RPRF , do order GCMS. GCMS will confirm that they received it.....So choose better option for you.
As per your timeline your medical is done on 14th NOV , how it can get be updated so fast ??? Is that a concern for you ??, RMO need to review the report first before giving green signal.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
MenicMonday said:
I think doing it 6-8 months after submission is good enough if you really insist on doing upfront.
second that

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawanism said:
Hi Folks, My Credit Card got charged on November 14 2014. My credit card transaction says

CITIZENSHIP & IMM FSW SYDNEY

why it says FSW when i applied under CEC. Anybody got similar case who applied with credit card mode of payment ?

It will be good to know...

Thanks,
Gowtham
does FSW and CEC charge same money ? could you check it if they are different. maybe it is a minor error .

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
yixiaop26 said:
does FSW and CEC charge same money ? could you check it if they are different. maybe it is a minor error .
It's not an error. Don't worry about it guys. Pawanism is on track to receive AOR.

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
Gurindar said:
As per your timeline your medical is done on 14th NOV , how it can get be updated so fast ??? Is that a concern for you ??, RMO need to review the report first before giving green signal.
Actually I did my medical from Dharmavathy jagaseetharam , scarborough.. after doing so i have seen on this forum that she dont upload results quickly and takes up to 6 weeks in uploading results.. so just wanted to know, from where you did your medical...Is it the same doctor?

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
MJ009 said:
Actually I did my medical from Dharmavathy jagaseetharam , scarborough.. after doing so i have seen on this forum that she dont upload results quickly and takes up to 6 weeks in uploading results.. so just wanted to know, from where you did your medical...Is it the same doctor?
Yah , I haven't read good reviews about her at the time when I got medical request . I deliberately has chosen to drive from Toronto to Kitchener "Daniel Garrett" - My this decision paid well , My Medical were uploaded in 3 days and ecas was showing Medical received on "7th Day" . Pretty fast ehhh :D

I recommend and endorse the Kitchener Doctor "Daniel Garrett" fast , cheap and reliable

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
Gurindar said:
Yah , I haven't read good reviews about her at the time when I got medical request . I deliberately has chosen to drive from Toronto to Kitchener "Daniel Garrett" - My this decision paid well , My Medical were uploaded in 3 days and ecas was showing Medical received on "7th Day" . Pretty fast ehhh :D

I recommend and endorse the Kitchener Doctor "Daniel Garrett" fast , cheap and reliable
I should have done the same... :mad:
Now I will wait till thursday.. doctor said she will upload the results in 5-10 days and this thursday its 6 th day.. so i will bug her to upload the results... i hope she does quickly...Otherwise I have to find a way to get out of this situation..

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^Man, almost all of the Panel Doctors in Toronto have bad reviews on the internet, whether immigration-related or not. I can say that the one from Etobicoke, College St, and St Claire W are the best among the others from this area.

I spoke with my boss on this (a former Deputy Minister for Health), and apparently, CIC sends RFPs and chooses from applicants. Of course, if a doctor has a good practice or a steady stream of patients, then they wouldn't be bothered by Immigration Medicals, esp on a large city like Toronto.

Pawanism

Aug 24, 2014
what is GCMS NOTES ? how can we apply for it? I really appreciate gurindar for his valuable advises as he gone through all these phases. Thanks for all your responses MJ009, MenicMonday and zareef. I got more info from you guys.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Gurindar said:

I 200% recommend Daniel Garrett. she is very nice lady. I will see her when I get medicals and will take hyderabadi Biryani for her.

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Kiranmayi said:
I 200% recommend Daniel Garrett. she is very nice lady. I will see her when I get medicals and will take hyderabadi Biryani for her.
i like biryani....:)