+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

kezame22

Oct 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application in sep.

my police certificate/IELTS/medical exam (for my wife) they all expired or about to expire by now.
do I have to re-issue those documents again?
what is the requirements for CIC?

canadababu

Star Member
May 23, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront 17-11-2015
Hi ALL,

PR applied on : 19-Sep-2014
AOR on : 2-Feb-2015
Got married after PR application, Added my wife to PR application in June 2015. Paid processing fee for wife as well.
Old work permit expired on : 04-sep-2015
New BOWP and SOWP approved on : 17-Oct-2015, with expiry date as 17-Oct-016.
I came to India on 18-Nov-2015 and applied for TRV for both me and my wife based on our BOWP and SOWP. Received the TRV for both of us successfully as per New WP expiry dates (i.e. 17-Oct-2016).

But after I applied for TRV in India, when I checked the status for my PR application in ECAS.
Address has been changed automatically from My Canadian address to Indian address i have given in TRV application. It is still showing my Indian address in ECAS.
I will be going back to Canada in First week of Jan 2016.
So Should i inform or change the address back to my Canadian address only after I have gone back to Canada.
Or should I change it now itself as i don't see any progress happening in this month.

Please Advise Or sugggest

sande

Nov 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am a September applicant received AOR on 29-JAN-2015 and I am waiting for Medicals as everyone here in this group.
I have applied for my BOWP providing the AOR and still waiting for it.

I am now planning to apply for Express Entry after I receive my BOWP.
Let me know if I will be eligible to apply under EE process.
I have heard that I cannot apply under EE as I will be receiving BOWP based on the AOR submitted ? Let me know please

bilaltm

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadababu said:
Hi ALL,

Got married after PR application, Added my wife to PR application in June 2015. Paid processing fee for wife as well.
I came to India on 18-Nov-2015 and applied for TRV for both me and my wife based on our BOWP and SOWP. Received the TRV for both of us successfully as per New WP expiry dates (i.e. 17-Oct-2016).

But after I applied for TRV in India, when I checked the status for my PR application in ECAS.
Address has been changed automatically from My Canadian address to Indian address i have given in TRV application. It is still showing my Indian address in ECAS.
So Should i inform or change the address back to my Canadian address only after I have gone back to Canada.
Or should I change it now itself as i don't see any progress happening in this month.

I would suggest to do it once you reach to Canada. It will hardly take 2 weeks to reflect in Ecas but in file I gets updated within a day.

mgeza1

Dec 9, 2015
pegasus90 said:
I called the CIC agent too and got a different respond. She basically told me that I have to wait for 4 more months in order for them (CIC) to make a note to CPC-Sydney to push the process.

My application was received on Sep 29 and she told me that there is nothing she can do until March 29 and will not make any note to CPC-Sydney.
I called CIC today to inquire about the status of my application. I was told that September 2014 CEC applicants should expect some communication from CIC by January. I was advised to call again if I don't get any correspondence/notification by mid-January. So it seems at least there is a timeline...

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
canadababu said:
Hi ALL,

I was in similar situation. I applied for BOWP in Canada, then I traveled to India and I applied TRV from India. After getting back to Canada I noticed my address in Ecas got updated with my Indian address. I then called to CIC to change it back to Canada address and its fixed now. So dont worry, just call CIC after you get back to Canada.

Can I ask you a quick question on SOWP as I want to apply it for my husband. Right now he is in India and no visa, I have added him to my PR application on Jan 2015. My current BOWP is expiring Feb 2016, so i will be applying for another BOWP soon. Can I add my spouse to my application? If yes, will his SOWP be processed in India and mine here in Canada? What about the processing times, will it be different for both of us? Kindly share your experience.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mgeza1 said:
I called CIC today to inquire about the status of my application. I was told that September 2014 CEC applicants should expect some communication from CIC by January. I was advised to call again if I don't get any correspondence/notification by mid-January. So it seems at least there is a timeline...

Really hope it is true, even I had experience that I was told to call again on Nov 2015 when I call on Sep 2015 . now it is Dec 2015 , nothing , nothing happened.

7Simran

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Hi Friends,

Just got my GCMS notes...there's nothing much in it.
Security--Not started
Criminality-- In progress

I'm a 25th Sep 2014 applicant. I guess we'll have to wait bit more.

Ko_ko_Ko

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (CEC) Nova Scotia (PNP)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 9, 2014 (CEC), October 13, 2015 (OPNP)
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
May 13, 2015
AOR Received.
29/01/2015 (For CEC) 22/01/2016 (PNP)
IELTS Request
Celpip Send with Application (CEC) (PNP)
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Med's Done....
29th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2016 (CEC)
VISA ISSUED...
14th Mar 2016 (CEC)
LANDED..........
30th Mar 2016 (CEC)
Got my Global Case Management Notes, nothing special the file has not been touched since February 2015. :'(

pegasus90

Oct 22, 2014
mgeza1 said:
That call center agent is nice. How funny different agents say different things. But I really hope we all get a positive update on January.

canadababu

Star Member
May 23, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront 17-11-2015
IUser said:
I was in similar situation. I applied for BOWP in Canada, then I traveled to India and I applied TRV from India. After getting back to Canada I noticed my address in Ecas got updated with my Indian address. I then called to CIC to change it back to Canada address and its fixed now. So dont worry, just call CIC after you get back to Canada.

Can I ask you a quick question on SOWP as I want to apply it for my husband. Right now he is in India and no visa, I have added him to my PR application on Jan 2015. My current BOWP is expiring Feb 2016, so i will be applying for another BOWP soon. Can I add my spouse to my application? If yes, will his SOWP be processed in India and mine here in Canada? What about the processing times, will it be different for both of us? Kindly share your experience.
Hi IUser,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I will call the CIC once I get back to Canada regarding my address change.

Now for the question you asked,
This is my case. I got married in march 2015 and at that time i have a closed WP valid till sep 2015. so as soon as i got my marriage certificate, i applied for Visitor visa for my wife as dependent and she got TRV till sep 2015.
She came with me to Canada in May 2105 and then I added her to my PR application in June 2015.
Then i applied for my Bowp and Sowp in June 2015 at the same time , filled the questionnaire and applied online through myCIC account.
since my wife was in Canada at the time i was filling the Bowp, i have applied for SOWP.

I Think for SOWP to be applied along with your BOWP, you spouse needs to be in Canada at the time of applying.
I would suggest you to apply for TRV In India ASAP for your husband based on your current BOWP , since your current WP is expiring in Feb 2016 , i am not sure if they will give the TRV for just 3 months.(may be put in a cover letter saying he wants to visit me for a month for christmas and newyear holidays and put some supporting docs like bank statements etc.)

Once he is Canada the apply for your BOWP and SOWP at the same time.
Based on current processing times BOWP takes about 4 months, so he can stay in Canada until a decision has been made on BOWP,SOWP applications. And you will be on implied status after your BOWP expires in Feb 2016 until you get you new permit.

ethanriar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-03-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
26-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Hey folks, just received my notes. Nothing to be excited about.
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility:
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Due Date: 2016/02/03

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read this article:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/military-jet-to-fly-164-syrian-refugees-from-beirut-to-toronto/article27680102/

CIC officials processing 400 refugee applications a day. Government plans to bring in 25000 refugees by end of Feb. If this number of refugees do not increase or the timeline do not move beyond Feb. our application processing will move at a snail pace till end of Feb. We are the collateral damage!

The priority for CIC at the moment is refugee applications and EE applicants.

Cheers.

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
Hi Guys,

I switched job after submitting my PR application, Do we need to update CIC regarding this change.

I am Sep 2014 candidate.