+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

Paul J.

Aug 28, 2014
Hello guys my name is Paul. I am a new member. I am also September 2013 applicant under CEC. still waiting for PPR.

bafakih

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
navalpandit said:
received PPr just now... congrats....... hurrrrayyyy..
get ready guys
what was your ecas status? was it DM or In process?

navalpandit

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Hey Guys,,
I need an expert's advice
I received PPR yesterday, i emailed them back requesting my wife's passport to be printed in New Delhi India.
In this waiting period,, can i send my passport to Ottawa for stamping or i have to wait for their next response?

Thank you in advance..
Regards
Naval

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Well it's getting down to crunch time on my work permit. I'm due to expire in 3 weeks, and still no news about the PR. I know it could come at any moment but since we can't be in Canada for even a day past the expiry of the work permits I have to spend for three $155 extensions. I already put in for my BOWP, but I'm holding off on putting in the extensions for my 2 kids until the last moment in hope that the PR will still come though. I called the CIC phone line and they said that as long as I file for them before the deadline, even by a day, that they will get implied status and we're good to stay.

I think extensions should be automatic when you have a PR application in process. $465 is a pretty big bite out of my budget, as I'm sure it is for most people. It would have been even more but my 3rd kid is currently outside of Canada going to school, otherwise I would have needed to spend another $155 for his too. I know immigration is both expensive and time consuming, and in the end of course it's well worth it. It's just that this seems like an unnecessary expense.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
navalpandit said:
Hey Guys,,
I received PPR yesterday, i emailed them back requesting my wife's passport to be printed in New Delhi India.
In this waiting period,, can i send my passport to Ottawa for stamping or i have to wait for their next response?

Thank you in advance..
Regards
Naval
As per my information be it Ottawa or Delhi, you have to send the passport for the principal applicant & dependants in a single package & at one office only.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
The_Dark_Knight said:
As per my information be it Ottawa or Delhi, you have to send the passport for the principal applicant & dependants in a single package & at one office only.
That's not true. If PA is in Canada, and PA's spouse is in India then PA can send his passport to CPC-Ottawa, and PA's spouse should send passport to NDVO for stamping.
FYI: According to India law, It is illegal to mail your Indian passport outside your current country is residence.

sasdp

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
navalpandit said:
Hey Guys,,

Thank you in advance..
Regards
Naval
Congrats!

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
For those of you waiting to hear back about your online BOWP applications, I just talked to CIC by phone and they said that they are currently working on the Sept. 3rd 2014 online applications. I put mine in on Sept. 23rd so I'm guessing it'll be another 3 weeks till they get to mine. Since our permits expire on Oct. 18th we might wind up going on implied status for a couple of days.

Also I got a clarification: we can make extension applications for our minor children under our own MyCIC accounts. You don't have to make separate accounts for each kid.

Hope this helps someone!