Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
did your medical request came in june 2014?

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
We applied June 2013, last ecas status July 2014 Medical received, last email received from CIC they replied that we should follow up January 2015. We applied yesterday another note to see what's the update with our application. The last we applied for GCMS was last April 2014.

OopsCinnie

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
milleth082002 said:
We applied June 2013, last ecas status July 2014 Medical received, last email received from CIC they replied that we should follow up January 2015. We applied yesterday another note to see what's the update with our application. The last we applied for GCMS was last April 2014.
Did the CIC states any reasons why you should follow up in January 2015?
My local MP got informed by the CIC last week, saying that my file will be finalized within 4-6 weeks. Hope as the CIC said, the PPR will be released before November.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
PPR got released for PNP guys december applicants a hour back.. just wondering if any of september applicants got PPR request??

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
OopsCinnie said:
Did the CIC states any reasons why you should follow up in January 2015?
My local MP got informed by the CIC last week, saying that my file will be finalized within 4-6 weeks. Hope as the CIC said, the PPR will be released before November.
They did not mention any reason. A week before the CIC email, we approached our local MP and CIC told them that our application is in final stage (that is 1st week of July) then a week after they replied in our enquiry thru email stating that our application is within timeframe and next follow up will be January 2015.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Jalex23 said:
That is the way to do it. As all your family depends on you getting a BOWP, not until then they can apply for theirs.
OK, I applied for the BOWP on my own. The page here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asphttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

shows that the processing time is 7 days for a work permit extension submitted online. Not sure if the BOWP is covered under that catagory.

So now when I apply for the visas for my kids, when I get to the question that asks:

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

can I put 'yes' because I now have implied status as a PR? If yes, what proof can I use? The electronic receipt that shows I submitted the BOWP?

Also, it says that I can't make an application under someone else’s MyCIC account. Do I have to make new MyCIC accounts for each kid since I can't apply for them under mine?

Thanks!

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tropicflite said:
OK, I applied for the BOWP on my own. The page here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asphttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

shows that the processing time is 7 days for a work permit extension submitted online. Not sure if the BOWP is covered under that catagory.

So now when I apply for the visas for my kids, when I get to the question that asks:

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

can I put 'yes' because I now have implied status as a PR? If yes, what proof can I use? The electronic receipt that shows I submitted the BOWP?

Also, it says that I can't make an application under someone else's MyCIC account. Do I have to make new MyCIC accounts for each kid since I can't apply for them under mine?

Thanks!

answer for you is "NO"
You are implied status on Work permit
Implied status is applicable only for temporary residents

As far as i know - Yes - your kids need to have their own accounts - if they are major
I created my daughters app on my id - She is 4 yrs

bafakih

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
milleth082002 said:
They did not mention any reason. A week before the CIC email, we approached our local MP and CIC told them that our application is in final stage (that is 1st week of July) then a week after they replied in our enquiry thru email stating that our application is within timeframe and next follow up will be January 2015.
If you applied in June 2013, aren't you already way past the processing time frame. I think you should reach out to the MP again and request them to ask for another status update. This is a bit scary to be honest.

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Some movement on my file. My wife received her medicals request yesterday - she was added around 45 days back to my application. Though she can't complete that now as she is pregnant :'(. Also I received a request today to pay my RPRF - which was requested and paid way back in April 2014. Though I have downloaded and sent the old receipt again.

Don't know all these is good news or bad but at least there is some movement now.

bafakih

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
navalpandit said:
received PPr just now... congrats....... hurrrrayyyy..
get ready guys
Congrats!!! happy for you. Hope we get it soon.