Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Hey, did anyone not pay online? Just wondering because we have to go to the bank and use CIC's receipt.

If we were to have paid online, it would have been one receipt, right? And it was sent with the Sponsor's app?

Wondering if all the receipts are sent with the Sponsor's paperwork, or only that fee (75) and the other two (Right of Perm Res & Principal App) are attached with the PR application....

Good cow...am I making any sense? Want to mail this off tomorrow!!!

ALSO..did you send the "monster" in a box? Mine seems like a box would be the best bet to send it in..... :p

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Tullysgirl said:
Hey, did anyone not pay online? Just wondering because we have to go to the bank and use CIC's receipt.

If we were to have paid online, it would have been one receipt, right? And it was sent with the Sponsor's app?

Wondering if all the receipts are sent with the Sponsor's paperwork, or only that fee (75) and the other two (Right of Perm Res & Principal App) are attached with the PR application....

ALSO..did you send the "monster" in a box? Mine seems like a box would be the best bet to send it in..... :p
Tullysgirl....I believe on the document checklist it says to put the fee receipt with the sponsor documentation......yes online is a one page receipt....if the bank gives you three receipts put them all together in order of the documents as listed on the checklist..... :D

And my "monster" package was sent in a bankers box!!!! :p

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
KJG said:
Tullysgirl....I believe on the document checklist it says to put the fee receipt with the sponsor documentation......yes online is a one page receipt....if the bank gives you three receipts put them all together in order of the documents as listed on the checklist..... :D

And my "monster" package was sent in a bankers box!!!! :p
I do see on the Document checklist that is says to include the Receipt of Payment with the sponsor's Forms, but on the IMM0008 below where it's signed, Important Note: "Do not forget to include photos, fees (if applicable)....." so that confused me.

LOL oh my! A banker's box??!!! Wow. Did you seperate out the Sponsor portion from the PR portion? Thinking I should put the PR in it's own container inside the box?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Tullysgirl said:
I do see on the Document checklist that is says to include the Receipt of Payment with the sponsor's Forms, but on the IMM0008 below where it's signed, Important Note: "Do not forget to include photos, fees (if applicable)....." so that confused me.

LOL oh my! A banker's box??!!! Wow. Did you seperate out the Sponsor portion from the PR portion? Thinking I should put the PR in it's own container inside the box?
Yes..put all fees with sponsor's forms because if they can't find it they will send back...not separate containers.....I used the big black clips and clipped together all the applications as one......then emails with a separte clip, texts separate clip, tickets/receipts/phone bills another clip and for our pictures put them in envelopes and put on the outside of each envelope dates - events - people in pictures......my pictures were all 4x6 photos.........if Iwould have used a photo program and printed them out at home on paper would have just clipped those together as well....but since I took the cheap way out and had them printed I put them in envelopes because you can't attach them to anything!!!

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
KJG said:
Yes..put all fees with sponsor's forms because if they can't find it they will send back...not separate containers.....I used the big black clips and clipped together all the applications as one......then emails with a separte clip, texts separate clip, tickets/receipts/phone bills another clip and for our pictures put them in envelopes and put on the outside of each envelope dates - events - people in pictures......my pictures were all 4x6 photos.........if Iwould have used a photo program and printed them out at home on paper would have just clipped those together as well....but since I took the cheap way out and had them printed I put them in envelopes because you can't attach them to anything!!!
Sounds like what I did. All my photos are 4x6, seperated in evelopes (and written on the back) with what they were for and dates and then put them in a clear cover sheet. I actually about drove myself insane by doing different color cover sheets and such. CRAZY. But I need to get the BIG paperclips...that's a good idea. I was thinking of putting my PR app in a large envelope inside the main box. Just to keep it seperate.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
I'm working on organizing our pictures right now. I think we have too many for my taste (we've only been together for a year and a bit), but my husband insists that they all serve a purpose. I'm putting them into a Powerpoint document with captions under each photo and printing multiple slides per page. I don't want to handwrite anything because we both have poor penmanship.

I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that sending it in a box is overkill and that everything should be organized in the order of the checklist, but don't take my word for it (re: the box)! :-X

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
blueboom said:
I'm working on organizing our pictures right now. I think we have too many for my taste (we've only been together for a year and a bit), but my husband insists that they all serve a purpose. I'm putting them into a Powerpoint document with captions under each photo and printing multiple slides per page. I don't want to handwrite anything because we both have poor penmanship.

I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that sending it in a box is overkill and that everything should be organized in the order of the checklist, but don't take my word for it (re: the box)! :-X
blueboom....it's all in the eye of the beholder.......my husband is from a country flagged for fradulent marriage so we submitted everything over our 3 year relationship....overkill??? maybe....but it is personal choice and comfort level......we went for a good offense and did not want to be put on the defense!!! every application is unique and will some think more is less others think more is better!!!!! :)

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
I think our package was about 5 pounds but that was because of the stupid skype logs. Besides that, I think I printed about 80 4x6 pictures from our 1 year relationship. We didn't have a big wedding, it was very private so we didn't have much to wow them :(

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
KJG said:
blueboom....it's all in the eye of the beholder.......my husband is from a country flagged for fradulent marriage so we submitted everything over our 3 year relationship....overkill??? maybe....but it is personal choice and comfort level......we went for a good offense and did not want to be put on the defense!!! every application is unique and will some think more is less others think more is better!!!!! :)
Yes, you're right it all depends on the case - I definitely don't remember what I was reading about using a box!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
I just got delivery confirmation that my sponsorship application for my wife and kids was received today (September 13, 2012) at Mississauga. Our destination in a year(?) is Montreal (coming from the US). Hoping this process will go smoothly... and if 15 years of marriage and two kids doesn't prove my wife and I are actually married, I don't know what will.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
Tullysgirl said:

I had 5 different envelope's in my application:

1. Sponsorship Application & supporting docs
2. Immigration Application & supporting docs
3. Proof of relationship envelope #1 (IT had all of the letters, pictures, marriage, cert. etc)
4. Proof of relationship envelope #2 (chatlogs)
5. Proof of relationship envelope #3 (chatlogs)

I put all of these envelopes in a box to ship it, but it says to send them in a single envelope online... although, I'm unsure if it matters that much. I hear about people sending their application in boxes all of the time.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Erm, erm erm erm! I somehow completely overlooked ordering my Option C printout (we were so concerned about doing the medical and getting all his police clearances!).

I do have my notice of assessment and I can provide more than a year's worth of pay slips. We absolutely cannot wait any longer because one of his police clearances is going to expire next month. Aaaah. Hopefully my letter is convincing.

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
blueboom said:
Erm, erm erm erm! I somehow completely overlooked ordering my Option C printout (we were so concerned about doing the medical and getting all his police clearances!).

I do have my notice of assessment and I can provide more than a year's worth of pay slips. We absolutely cannot wait any longer because one of his police clearances is going to expire next month. Aaaah. Hopefully my letter is convincing.
we did that too. some records were expiring soon so my husband bookkeeping wrote a letter saying his taxes were in process. he proved paystubs bank statements and a letter from his employer

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
I just got delivery confirmation that my sponsorship application for my wife and kids was received today (September 13, 2012) at Mississauga. Our destination in a year(?) is Montreal (coming from the US). Hoping this process will go smoothly... and if 15 years of marriage and two kids doesn't prove my wife and I are actually married, I don't know what will.
awesome....when did you send your application? in August or September?

smahmud

Sep 14, 2012
Dhaka, BD
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-25-2012
File Transfer...
11-25-2012
Med's Done....
04-26-2012, 2nd on March 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 6th 2014
Just to give you a quick review of my case: Me and my university love and currently wife (Canadian Citizen) are living in Bangladesh. I was an international student in canada for 4 years (2006-10). Then I overstayed for 6 months and when i realized i came back to my country voluntarily. My girlfriend followed me to bangladesh and we got married in Bangladesh on august 2011. We have been through a very ruff 3 year relationship because of this immigration issue. I came back just a month before my graduation in 2010 and never was able to go back. So I missed my graduation ceremony, missed one last chance to see my Father in law to be (at that time) who died of cancer on march 2011 (when my girl was months away from her graduation living in Sackville NB when her parents were in Peterborough ON). i tried to apply for a tourist visa and another study permit but got denied, But they didnt flag me though. We have evidence of about 150 pages of facebook msg, skype conversation details, cell phone msg details, 60 photos etc which indicates our relationship since the very first day to present day. We also provided travel details of my wife and in law family's coming to bangladesh for ceremonies and to visit before our marriage, joint bank acc in bangladesh, house lease, proof of her's bangladeshi parmanent residency, my IELTS (7.5) etc. My wife is currently working in bangladesh as a school teacher.

We have explained our heartbreaking story (Which includes year and a half of long distance) and every other occasion as the forms described. We have recently submitted our application (received by Mississauga 11/09/2012) and waiting for the sponsorship approval from Mississauga but by the look of it, it is gonna be a long time. My question is if my mother in law (In canada) wants to go to her MP when should she try? Also can anyone give me a feedback about the chances for my application provided that my application was well organized?