+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending money to GIC account from India

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Yes, it makes sense to pay the tuition fee only once the unconditional offer letter has been received. In the conditional letter, they asked us to pay $5K for seat confirmation which I did already. Well my agent has asked me to wait since they are in the process of drafting the letter. I am not sure if this is a rule as they are telling me that they can only call them once a week which means I cannot really chase them.
Oh ok. Thats very absurd rule but that might be the case to handle the load. Stay positive. :)

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Oh ok. Thats very absurd rule but that might be the case to handle the load. Stay positive. :)
Hey, I got my LOA today but they still want me to send my transcript again. My transcript got lost in transit during application, now I have to request it again so another 3 weeks of waiting. Anyways they have mentioned the tuition fee amount and my deposit money so, I can go ahead and pay. They also mentioned about health insurance which I need to get it done before arriving. Did you get yours done? By the way are you in Canada already?

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Hey, I got my LOA today but they still want me to send my transcript again. My transcript got lost in transit during application, now I have to request it again so another 3 weeks of waiting. Anyways they have mentioned the tuition fee amount and my deposit money so, I can go ahead and pay. They also mentioned about health insurance which I need to get it done before arriving. Did you get yours done? By the way are you in Canada already?
Awsm. Congratulations for getting the LOA. Deposit ur funds n do the medical as soon as u can so u can file ur visa at the earliest after getting confirmation abt ur transcript from the colg.

I’m in India at the moment. Goin in mid nov. Yes i have done the health insurance as well. It is vry mch needed until classes get started.

Reactions: Tanureet Singh

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Awsm. Congratulations for getting the LOA. Deposit ur funds n do the medical as soon as u can so u can file ur visa at the earliest after getting confirmation abt ur transcript from the colg.

I’m in India at the moment. Goin in mid nov. Yes i have done the health insurance as well. It is vry mch needed until classes get started.
Thanks mate. Yes, I will be making the payments. For offline visa application, medical can be done before hand right? I am reading the thread some people have provided their time line where Medical checks are at a much later stage for online application. Any idea on this?

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Thanks mate. Yes, I will be making the payments. For offline visa application, medical can be done before hand right? I am reading the thread some people have provided their time line where Medical checks are at a much later stage for online application. Any idea on this?
Even ive seen forums whr some are worried with their medicals while others were asked for medical in just 3-4days. The whole process seems very confusing. Yes for offline u need to have upfront medical.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Even ive seen forums whr some are worried with their medicals while others were asked for medical in just 3-4days. The whole process seems very confusing. Yes for offline u need to have upfront medical.
Its fine, I will get my transcripts and fees sorted first. Today I went to the bank about GIC payment and they look clueless. I told them that field 57 is the Beneficiary Bank information I needed to use and she got confused since there were 2 address mentioned. I cannot believe that I went to the head office to do a transaction and they have never heard of GIC payments. The form they gave me to fill didn't have enough space and i had to write outside the box.

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Its fine, I will get my transcripts and fees sorted first. Today I went to the bank about GIC payment and they look clueless. I told them that field 57 is the Beneficiary Bank information I needed to use and she got confused since there were 2 address mentioned. I cannot believe that I went to the head office to do a transaction and they have never heard of GIC payments. The form they gave me to fill didn't have enough space and i had to write outside the box.
Its hard to believe that they were cluesless coz many people go to icici head ofcs for this work. Only possibility is she might be a new employee.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Its hard to believe that they were cluesless coz many people go to icici head ofcs for this work. Only possibility is she might be a new employee.
We did ask her if she is new, she said no and she is the permanent employee of that Branch.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Yep hopefully it all goes well
I am not quite sure about how things wrks for university as I applied for colgs. As far as a i know, SOP makes applicant’s case more strong giving details abt the course, how is it linked to ur previous studies/exp n hw ul benefit frm it in future. My agent was very strict abt the SOP n i paid them for preparing it coz i didn’t wnt to take any risk. It really serves the purpose.

If u’ve applied under SDS, then acc to sDS rules, u have to cover the whole year’s fee before submitting the file for visa else ur documentation is incomplete. But if u applied under SPP, then u can deposit only 1 sem fee n file for the visa. These r things told to me by my agent n i applied under SDS so paid full year fee.

But i still suggest u to ask ur consultant as well n also there’s a thread “prespective 2019 studenrs gather here”, someone much experienced about University cases can guide u bttr. I hope it helps u out :)
My agent said SPP is closed now and all she mention is that my application will be under the university category.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

About the medical insurance, was that covered along with the tuition fee? My agent said not to worry since it has already been covered with the tuition fee but I am wondering why did they send me the email about it.

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
About the medical insurance, was that covered along with the tuition fee? My agent said not to worry since it has already been covered with the tuition fee but I am wondering why did they send me the email about it.
Although it is covered in the tuition fee but wt i rem wn i asked my agent is that its not covered. So this is very confusing to me as well. I took the travel insurance with the flight ticktet itself till my classes strt.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Although it is covered in the tuition fee but wt i rem wn i asked my agent is that its not covered. So this is very confusing to me as well. I took the travel insurance with the flight ticktet itself till my classes strt.
Right because for me, if I have to purchase it will be from my University itself .

Sama Srinivas

Jun 22, 2018
Which one is better for applying online or offline for student visa and online or offline which process comes fast visa?
Thank you in advance