+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
He is kind of lucky bc the instructions says you are supposed to withdraw your application as soon as you send in another application.
Waiting till he got PR through CEC was a risk.
Does visitor visa count as a different application? I'm thinking I should apply for it while I'm waiting on a final decision, my application hasn't moved since April.

Reactions: Sadia.aamir

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
LANDED..........
28-06-2024
Does visitor visa count as a different application? I'm thinking I should apply for it while I'm waiting on a final decision, my application hasn't moved since April.
I’ve had work visas, visitor record extension & applied for a student visa all while waiting for my PR to come through. You just need to include a letter of explanation about why you are applying and proof of strong ties in your home country to prove you will leave should PR not be granted. For my student visa I said I was awaiting PR and wanted to gain business experience in Canada.

Good luck! I hope you get an update soon :)

Reactions: Delilah1

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
I’ve had work visas, visitor record extension & applied for a student visa all while waiting for my PR to come through. You just need to include a letter of explanation about why you are applying and proof of strong ties in your home country to prove you will leave should PR not be granted. For my student visa I said I was awaiting PR and wanted to gain business experience in Canada.

Good luck! I hope you get an update soon :)
Thanks so much! I read that visitor visas now come with the right to look for a job while you're in Canada and apply for a work permit and this will last until February 2025. This sounds promising, as I'm a little worried my ADR didn't come at the same time with medical request like for many other applicants.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit/visitor-work-permits.html

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
LANDED..........
28-06-2024
Thanks so much! I read that visitor visas now come with the right to look for a job while you're in Canada and apply for a work permit and this will last until February 2025. This sounds promising, as I'm a little worried my ADR didn't come at the same time with medical request like for many other applicants.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit/visitor-work-permits.html
Ooh that’s super handy! I hope your medical request isn’t too far off. They often give out medical request with the PAL for people who get it after ADR so hopefully things will fly by after that :)

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
Ooh that’s super handy! I hope your medical request isn’t too far off. They often give out medical request with the PAL for people who get it after ADR so hopefully things will fly by after that :)
Let's hope that's next for me. I feel like if the visa was to be rejected, it would've happened by now but then again, maybe they haven't even started reviewing the documents I sent... We just never know, waiting for this visa has been one of the hardest things of my life...

Reactions: Taylah

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
any update for any 2021 applicants? I applied in July,2021 and got AOR in Mar,2024 and since then silence so any one can guide me (If they have received PR or knowledge) what will be the further steps ?

JamesLem

Feb 23, 2024
any update for any 2021 applicants? I applied in July,2021 and got AOR in Mar,2024 and since then silence so any one can guide me (If they have received PR or knowledge) what will be the further steps ?
Similar. We applied July 2021 and received request to get Biometrics in April 2024. Nothing since. Although my immigration advisor said he is getting some movement now on clients who applied with Self Employed in early 2021, so hopefully...

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Similar. We applied July 2021 and received request to get Biometrics in April 2024. Nothing since. Although my immigration advisor said he is getting some movement now on clients who applied with Self Employed in early 2021, so hopefully...
My biometric has already done in 2019 as its valid for 10yrs so they will not send biometric request as its already mentioned in my GC key but I am wondering that why they are not request for other things as its been almost 37months to my file and yet I am waiting.
and for early 2021 applications that is actually moving as I also got the same thing from my immigration agent.

Jo1983

Jul 5, 2023
Are you in the UK?

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
LANDED..........
28-06-2024
For me there was an 8 month gap between receiving AOR (May, 2023) and getting next steps (med request + ADR Jan, 2024).

Hopefully things have sped up slightly with the pause on this category and you will get next steps soon!

Last edited:

bhorvath

Jan 9, 2024
same here. it happens to be the 3rd anniversary of my submitted application one of these days. AOR and some other docs were remade in May/June but since then nothing but silence.

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
For me there was an 8 month gap between receiving AOR (May, 2023) and getting next steps (med request + ADR Jan, 2024).

Hopefully things have sped up slightly with the pause on this category and you will get next steps soon!
yeah I am hoping for the best as I got AOR in mar 2024 and its already 4 months have passed. so waiting for next steps.
By the way may I know what is your NOC in self employed category? and any advice in terms of file and anything?

Reactions: Delilah1

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
LANDED..........
28-06-2024
yeah I am hoping for the best as I got AOR in mar 2024 and its already 4 months have passed. so waiting for next steps.
By the way may I know what is your NOC in self employed category? and any advice in terms of file and anything?
I applied as a self-employed photographer. My main advice is just be patient and try to respond to each step as soon as possible once you receive it.

The wait is really hard but for most people once you get ADR/ medical you are likely within 6 months of a decision (can vary with the complexity of your file, number of countries you’ve lived for security, visa office etc.).

My file took 42 months for approval and I definitely felt like giving up at times but it’s all worth it in the end so don’t give up! :)