+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

WillRio

May 1, 2024
I applied in early 2021 and did my biometric in May 2023. Nothing since then! Completed 40 months of waiting since submission and 14 months since Bio and AOR!! Also 12 months since my application showed 100% completed.

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
I applied in early 2021 and did my biometric in May 2023. Nothing since then! Completed 40 months of waiting since submission and 14 months since Bio and AOR!! Also 12 months since my application showed 100% completed.
I am too waiting I applied in July,2021 and got my AOR but still waiting... I just hope it will start processing in coming months and something will come up as I have witnessed other applicants so it will approximately taking 42-45months for whole process.

Reactions: WillRio

WillRio

May 1, 2024
I am too waiting I applied in July,2021 and got my AOR but still waiting... I just hope it will start processing in coming months and something will come up as I have witnessed other applicants so it will approximately taking 42-45months for whole process.
I saw that as well but I start to think that it is not our case. Most applicants took around 44 months to be completed but we who applied in 2021 are almost 41 month with a complete silence after bio. It is hard to believe they will finish our applications before 2025.

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
I saw that as well but I start to think that it is not our case. Most applicants took around 44 months to be completed but we who applied in 2021 are almost 41 month with a complete silence after bio. It is hard to believe they will finish our applications before 2025.
yes I know its really hard to believe but what we can do in this case, but I hope they will start working on it as they are not receiving new applications and only working on old one's and as we can see applicants of 2020 have got the results mostly one's. so now they are working on 2021 applicants so just hope for the best and wait for the next update. I am too hoping for another step and just mean while working on other ideas.

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
Hi everyone, I have sort of an update in my GC account that's left me super-confused:

Today I logged in without a particular reason, just to check for updates. Didn't receive anything by email.

When I logged in, it said something like "application updated" instead of the usual "submitted". My heart skipped a beat so I go into the application and it says:

FINAL DECISION: AUGUST 1, 2024. Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Today is August 5, nothing has happened yet, no changes.

However, there is no decision, every single field still says "in progress" except the "Review of medical results" field is EMPTY.

They haven't requested medicals yet, nor a second round of ADR.

I am freaking out!!! Has anyone had a case similar to this? What do you think is next? Is it a sign of rejection or they're about to send me medical + ADR request?

Please can you share what you think?

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
Is there anyone who have applied for Self employed visa from INDIA in 2021?
I wanted to know what are the updates after you receive AOR and which office is processing your files in INDIA?
please reply ASAP.

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
why it is rejected? any specific reason they have given? and what is your NOC and from which country?
NOC 5121

Rejected because they said I had lack of funds (this is untrue, I had more than sufficient funds).
Business plan and work experience didn't satisfy them that I'll be able to be self employed in Canada.

In my personal opinion, these things are not true, I have over 10+ years of experience in my niche, but hey, it's not up to me.

So this is the end of my journey.

PB India

Star Member
Jul 7, 2023
I am really sorry for this, so have you planned anything regarding re open your case with the help of any lawyer? as you have sufficient funds and you can show them ...
really confused that what IRCC see and how they identify things without even giving the time for explanation.
You have made the business plan yourself or your lawyer made it for you as IRCC asked for a very detailed analysis of Business plan?

NOC 5121

Rejected because they said I had lack of funds (this is untrue, I had more than sufficient funds).
Business plan and work experience didn't satisfy them that I'll be able to be self employed in Canada.

In my personal opinion, these things are not true, I have over 10+ years of experience in my niche, but hey, it's not up to me.

So this is the end of my journey.

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
I'm not sure if I can appeal through a lawyer or if it's even worth it. The funds I provided were based on the Express Entry requirements for 2 people. Their main explanation was that I did not meet the eligibility requirements. I had a very high IELTS score of 8.5, tons of work experience, enough funds for me and my husband, and I made my own business plans (2 of them for both of us) which clearly showed I'd need very little money to establish a self-employed freelance business. Maybe I'll consider appealing through a lawyer but I am so disappointed I'm not sure I'll have the willpower to deal with this anymore.

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
LANDED..........
28-06-2024
I'm not sure if I can appeal through a lawyer or if it's even worth it. The funds I provided were based on the Express Entry requirements for 2 people. Their main explanation was that I did not meet the eligibility requirements. I had a very high IELTS score of 8.5, tons of work experience, enough funds for me and my husband, and I made my own business plans (2 of them for both of us) which clearly showed I'd need very little money to establish a self-employed freelance business. Maybe I'll consider appealing through a lawyer but I am so disappointed I'm not sure I'll have the willpower to deal with this anymore.
I’m so sorry to hear this :(

You can check their reasoning against the eligibility/selection criteria and if you feel they’ve made a mistake and you meet all the requirements then maybe look into your options for appealing the decision - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/self-employed-persons/assessing-application-against-selection-criteria.html

Reactions: MyTrueNorth

Sadia.aamir

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Oh plz apply for GCMS notes to check what is the actual reason for rejection. Through GCMS notes you will have an idea that where the lacking occurred. Officers usually write the detail reason in these notes.
After finding the correct reason then appeal. We know it's hard but plz keep on going.

shivi123

Apr 8, 2024
Can you please tell me from which country you applied ? Because i have seen no case rejection after Permanent AOR & Bio metrics request. This is very strange for me. This i am hearing for the first time & one more thing if you can confirm did you get the RPRF fees from IRCC or not ? Did you pay the RPRF fees?

shivi123

Apr 8, 2024
My application was just rejected.

I wish all of you the best of luck!
Can you please tell me from which country you applied ? Because i have seen no case rejection after Permanent AOR & Bio metrics request. This is very strange for me. This i am hearing for the first time & one more thing if you can confirm did you get the RPRF fees from IRCC or not ? Did you pay the RPRF fees? Did you get the RPRF request along side the Bio request ?