PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Re: Generic application Inquiry

Dhaka2014 said:
Correct.
Just wanted to add that London Visa office asks for the full history since your 18th birthday (not the last 10 years). I have submitted info for the last 10 years but they have asked me to submit Schedule A form with all history since 18th birthday. Below are the words from LVO email to me:

"-updated Schedule A forms for you and your spouse **questions 8 and 12 of the Schedule A form must be completed from age 18 and must not show any gaps in the dates. We are aware that the wording of these questions asks for details for the last 10 years, however, this office requires these questions to be completed from age 18. These forms may be downloaded from our website www.cic.gc.ca**"
Agreed with Dhaka2014.

Same words i received and was asked to provide information since 18th birthday. And many people i know were being asked for same information in updated schedule A forms.

Well, it varies from case to case, may be few people may not be asked for this, this was my personal case and gathered information from my sources.

Waqas.A

Nov 4, 2014
Hi All,

I have one query in my mind that VO for me (being resident of KSA) is the same as my country of nationality, do I still need to submit the Iqama Copy/Exit/Entry Stamps on Passport.

Looking forward to your response.

Cheers :)

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Waqas.A said:
Hi All,

I have one query in my mind that VO for me (being resident of KSA) is the same as my country of nationality, do I still need to submit the Iqama Copy/Exit/Entry Stamps on Passport.

Looking forward to your response.
Cheers :)
No, in that case you don't need to submit any document to support choosing the visa office.

Ahmed Badawi

Jul 22, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
30-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already Sent
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015 / MR Received 17-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
Dhaka2014 said:
No, in that case you don't need to submit any document to support choosing the visa office.
Hi Dhakka2014. I have a question for you. I see from your timelines that you got your visa issued Al Hamdullillah. Did you have to send your passports to London, or did you get it issued from VFS in Riyadh. I am asking because I chose Cairo as my VO, however, this year all Cairo Applicants are being transferred to CPC-Ottawa. When the time comes to issue my Visa Insha Allah, will they ask me to send it to Canada, or can it be issued through VFS in Riyadh. Please note that I didn't send me Iqama with the application (as I chose my country of nationality office).

Awaiting your feedback and Happy Landing in advance

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Ahmed Badawi said:
Hi Dhakka2014. I have a question for you. I see from your timelines that you got your visa issued Al Hamdullillah. Did you have to send your passports to London, or did you get it issued from VFS in Riyadh. I am asking because I chose Cairo as my VO, however, this year all Cairo Applicants are being transferred to CPC-Ottawa. When the time comes to issue my Visa Insha Allah, will they ask me to send it to Canada, or can it be issued through VFS in Riyadh. Please note that I didn't send me Iqama with the application (as I chose my country of nationality office).

Awaiting your feedback and Happy Landing in advance
Thanks Ahmed,

In the PPR from LVO, they asked me to send the passports to CHC Riyadh via VFS. Although, the printed visa shows that it was issued in London, I am sure it was printed in Riyadh. LVO sent instruction to CHC Riyadh to print the visa.

For you, I guess they will ask you to send it to Riyadh via VFS. They check the country of residence and give instructions accordingly.
Even if you didn't send your Iqama copy, I am sure you have mentioned that you are resident in Saudi Arabia. Therefore, they will ask you to send the passports to CHC Riyadh.

Best of luck and waiting to hear good news from you and everyone here :)

Ahmed Badawi

Jul 22, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
30-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already Sent
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015 / MR Received 17-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
Dhaka2014 said:
Thanks Ahmed,

In the PPR from LVO, they asked me to send the passports to CHC Riyadh via VFS. Although, the printed visa shows that it was issued in London, I am sure it was printed in Riyadh. LVO sent instruction to CHC Riyadh to print the visa.

For you, I guess they will ask you to send it to Riyadh via VFS. They check the country of residence and give instructions accordingly.
Even if you didn't send your Iqama copy, I am sure you have mentioned that you are resident in Saudi Arabia. Therefore, they will ask you to send the passports to CHC Riyadh.

Best of luck and waiting to hear good news from you and everyone here :)
Thanks Dhaka2014 for your quick feedback. Wish you all the best again and do let's us know your landing experience

Regards,
Ahmed

Whynot

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all:
For Any one have experienced taking IELTS by BRITISH COUNCIL or IDP ????
Which is better and more easier in KSA???
Regards.

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
@doubtingapplicant: PCC is not required to be sent with application if you reside in KSA

@whynot: Dont think that IDP or BC will be easier, its only that they conduct exams as provided by IELTS council. They are just the facilitators. wishing you good luck

bringiton

May 25, 2014
Regarding PPC, You cant Sent with the initial Application to the CIO as it is mentioned on the checklist. If anytime, you cannot get the PCC, You can send the PCC at VO Stage when requested by them

Regarding British Council and IELTS,as mentioned by Glenn, they are facilitators of the exam. If you are talking about my experience, I felt IDP providing much better service in terms of being customer friendly than British Council. You can order extra copies of your report from IDP to which BC doesnt Offer..

Hope i answer your question

Whynot said:
Dear all:
Regards.

lawrence2007

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
15-Jan-2013
File Transfer...
15-Jun-2013
Med's Request
15-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
15-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
10-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jul-2014
Whynot said:
Dear all:
Regards.
I have taken IELTS with both British Council and IDP in Riyadh. I can't say which one is easier but I believe better facilities make the exam easier/less stressful. I got the same score at BC and IDP. My impression of both of them is as follows:

- IDP test registration is more convenient as their office is in Olaya while for British Council, you have to go all the way to the Diplomatic area.

- IDP has just one test centre, which is in the city centre (normally Alfaisal Academy, near Riyadh Gallery shopping mall) while British Council has two test centres. One is in Diplomatic area while the other is in city centre (normally Holiday Inn hotel)

- British Council provides you a free online IELTS practice kit when you register for the exam. IDP does not provide that and I remember specifically asking for it.

- Overall I find the quality of testing to be better with British Council especially in the examiners for speaking test (but you have to go to Diplomatic Area as speaking test is only conducted there) as well as listening test (if you happen to take the test in Holiday Inn Hotel where they provide noise reducing headsets). My experience of listening test with IDP was very bad as their sound system was causing a lot of noise.

- If you need an early date for the test, almost always you will be able to find one at IDP.

Whynot

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glenn9090 said:
@ doubtingapplicant: PCC is not required to be sent with application if you reside in KSA

@ whynot: Dont think that IDP or BC will be easier, its only that they conduct exams as provided by IELTS council. They are just the facilitators. wishing you good luck
Thank you Glenn9090
+1 for u

Whynot

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bringiton said:
Regarding PPC, You cant Sent with the initial Application to the CIO as it is mentioned on the checklist. If anytime, you cannot get the PCC, You can send the PCC at VO Stage when requested by them

Regarding British Council and IELTS,as mentioned by Glenn, they are facilitators of the exam. If you are talking about my experience, I felt IDP providing much better service in terms of being customer friendly than British Council. You can order extra copies of your report from IDP to which BC doesnt Offer..

Hope i answer your question

Thank you Bringiton
+1 for you

Whynot

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawrence2007 said:
I have taken IELTS with both British Council and IDP in Riyadh. I can't say which one is easier but I believe better facilities make the exam easier/less stressful. I got the same score at BC and IDP. My impression of both of them is as follows:

- IDP test registration is more convenient as their office is in Olaya while for British Council, you have to go all the way to the Diplomatic area.

- IDP has just one test centre, which is in the city centre (normally Alfaisal Academy, near Riyadh Gallery shopping mall) while British Council has two test centres. One is in Diplomatic area while the other is in city centre (normally Holiday Inn hotel)

Thank u Lawrence 2007 for you detailed experience
1+ for u

- British Council provides you a free online IELTS practice kit when you register for the exam. IDP does not provide that and I remember specifically asking for it.

- Overall I find the quality of testing to be better with British Council especially in the examiners for speaking test (but you have to go to Diplomatic Area as speaking test is only conducted there) as well as listening test (if you happen to take the test in Holiday Inn Hotel where they provide noise reducing headsets). My experience of listening test with IDP was very bad as their sound system was causing a lot of noise.

- If you need an early date for the test, almost always you will be able to find one at IDP.

immigrant2b

Oct 29, 2014
Hi dhakka i have read your few posts in forum congrats for your visa stamped.i have question to ask that i am also residing in ksa since 5 months i got job in ministry of health saudiarabia we just applied after reaching ksa actually my wife is principal applicant.Alhumdulilah we have got PER on 4th nov.Our country of origin is pakistan and visa office is london.i have couple of questions to ask.
1)do we need to submit pcc again becuase we have already submitted at time of application?
2)can my wife get medical done from pakistan because she is going to pakistan in dec?
3)where do we need to submit passports?and what is approx time to get visa issued after passport request?
4)my passport is with ministry so do they easily handover passport because i will not be leaving and iqama will be with me at the same time?
Thanks