+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saudi Arabia based Applicant

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
addobia said:
Dear good friends,

I have faced a situation. I landed with family (6 members in total) last month in Toronto for good three weeks. Came back to Saudi on 4.9.14. Got 6 letters at my friends address that my PRs cannot be processed because of the pictures. All the pictures are not as per the specifications. As long as I know my pictures were 100% ok except for the fact that they did not carry a date and stamp at the back. They asked me send new set of pictures via mail.

Can some one advise me how to make sure that the picture I take now will be upto the required standard. Can some one recommend me a professional photographer in Dammam.

Regards
we are in the same situation, we landed in calgary on sept 16 and came back to saudi on oct 6. we are a family of 5. they gave every one PR except my spouse who is the pricipal applicant. i am really worried! please carry us along if you' ve got solutions. we are in khobar area.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Mbaka said:
Dear Forumites,

Please we need advice/suggestions and referrals at this point.

We( family of 5) landed at Calgary on the 17th of sept like any other immigrant, our intent was to do short one as reside in Saudi Arabia so we need to come back and tidy stuffs then move finally. At the immigration point we handed our Int'l passport and the 2 COPR to the immigration officer. The 2 COPR had 1 photo passport on each of them, you remember 1 COPR is for the client and the other is for the Canada immigration. The 2 photo passports on each of them was taken by the Immigration officer, that is what they use to produce PR CARD.

Everything went well and we stayed for like 20 days and returned back to Saudi on the 6th of October with the usual arrangement that our PR cards will be mailed to us by our good friend that we put up with;

Now the Challenge:

Just last week our friend called that all our PR cards have been issued except that of my spouse ( principal applicant). They sent a rejection letter which states that my spouse's photo passport did not meet the requirements. Believe me we took these passports same day and same time. That is the only place we have been taking passports for years. They also attached a document that states their recommendation and notes to the photographer!

These are the 3 last points on their document.

• Be on Photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable.
• Be on prints that are well - fixed and washed to avoid discoloration.
• Bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print ( stick – on labels are not acceptable).

We have combed all the places we can but no photo shop seems to meet the requirement of having date printed out at the back of the passport photos.

Do we know anyone that has same issue and has overcome it. Do we know any Photoshop ( for those in SAUDI ) that can do that ( we are at the eastern province, khobar axis).

Or maybe do you think I don't really understand what they require? Is it just a stamp they need at the back? That is after the photo has been printed.

Please, please and please any information is deeply appreciated. We are really tensed at the moment and I know we all know why?

Please help

You can inbox me too please.
First of all, thank God that they didn't ask your spouse to come to CIC office in Canada. Otherwise, it would have been a costly trip.

I think your understanding is right: Just get your spouse's pics stamped after printing with studio and date at their back. Also, ensure that her pics are 100% as per specs advised above.

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
sharedknowledge said:
First of all, thank God that they didn't ask your spouse to come to CIC office in Canada. Otherwise, it would have been a costly trip.

I think your understanding is right: Just get your spouse's pics stamped after printing with studio and date at their back. Also, ensure that her pics are 100% as per specs advised above.
Let me make a comment here.. please make sure when your wife makes a picture at the shop, her ears should be visible even if she has covered her head with scarf.
This was asked by the photographer when I was making picture for the CIC application.
Regards

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Mbaka said:
click.trick said:
Let me make a comment here.. please make sure when your wife makes a picture at the shop, her ears should be visible even if she has covered her head with scarf.
This was asked by the photographer when I was making picture for the CIC application.
Regards
thank you for your respose. i am the wife, the principal applicant here is my husband. its just the date stuff. we are not sure if its just a stamp they need or you know some photos when you print them, the date comes along with it

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
sharedknowledge said:

thank you for your response. please do you think its just the stamp that they require? i mean stamping after printing or is it a date that comes while the photo is printed?

bringiton

May 25, 2014
I have a question. Regarding the proof of admission to be shown,Kindly help me out

I am a Saudi Based Applicant and will be applying very shortly. Me and wife have a Saudi Residence Permit.
I have taken Translation of me and my wife Iqama in English and have attested the translation from Jeddah Chamber of Commerce. Should we send the original hard copy of that translation or the copies will do

And Also regarding the Exit and re entry stamps being put on the passport, can i take the copy from my passport or do we also have to translate the exit and entry into english and submit them

Quick response is appreciated

Shahzad36_KSA

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bringiton said:
I have a question. Regarding the proof of admission to be shown,Kindly help me out

I am a Saudi Based Applicant and will be applying very shortly. Me and wife have a Saudi Residence Permit.
I have taken Translation of me and my wife Iqama in English and have attested the translation from Jeddah Chamber of Commerce. Should we send the original hard copy of that translation or the copies will do

And Also regarding the Exit and re entry stamps being put on the passport, can i take the copy from my passport or do we also have to translate the exit and entry into english and submit them

Quick response is appreciated
Dear!

IQAMA copy is enough along with copy of saudi visa.
No need for translation or chamber or ere stamps .

Hope this helps .
Regards

Elkanzy

Nov 3, 2014
Re: Generic application Inquiry

Good Day Dear Fellow Saudi applicants ,

I'm finalizing my application to be submitted ASAP, but i hv an inquiry in the Generic form :
in the section asking about the current country of residence .. i'm now a worker in Saudi Arabia (since Oct. 2010) , but i come originally in 2009 and i was having Iqama here as a dependent to my father, i worked as a dependent for one year , then issued a new worker iqama

the question is :
i wrote that iam a worker since oct, 2010 ... but i was a Saudi resident in past time with another status .. should i mention that or it's not needed? , and if i hv to mention that where should i do that ?

thanking you in advance ..

Ahmed Elkanzy

Shahzad36_KSA

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Elkanzy said:
Good Day Dear Fellow Saudi applicants ,

I'm finalizing my application to be submitted ASAP, but i hv an inquiry in the Generic form :
in the section asking about the current country of residence .. i'm now a worker in Saudi Arabia (since Oct. 2010) , but i come originally in 2009 and i was having Iqama here as a dependent to my father, i worked as a dependent for one year , then issued a new worker iqama

the question is :
i wrote that iam a worker since oct, 2010 ... but i was a Saudi resident in past time with another status .. should i mention that or it's not needed? , and if i hv to mention that where should i do that ?

thanking you in advance ..

Ahmed Elkanzy
Dear!

You will cover that in schedule A form . They ask personal activity for past 10 YEARS or age of 18 whichever is greater.
Hope this helps.
Regards

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada

Shahzad36_KSA said:
Dear!

You will cover that in schedule A form . They ask personal activity for past 10 YEARS or age of 18 whichever is greater.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Correct.
Just wanted to add that London Visa office asks for the full history since your 18th birthday (not the last 10 years). I have submitted info for the last 10 years but they have asked me to submit Schedule A form with all history since 18th birthday. Below are the words from LVO email to me:

"-updated Schedule A forms for you and your spouse **questions 8 and 12 of the Schedule A form must be completed from age 18 and must not show any gaps in the dates. We are aware that the wording of these questions asks for details for the last 10 years, however, this office requires these questions to be completed from age 18. These forms may be downloaded from our website www.cic.gc.ca**"

Whynot

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear all
BAD NEWS FOR ME I would like to share,,,,27th August applicant,NOC 0311 ,with addendum received 4th September of forgotten copy of educational certificate,

Today i have received a reply from CIO OF AN EMAIL SENT IN 17th September of addendum attachement confirmation,they replied that my file was returned on 30ty October as it is incomplete and they will send it along with explanation letter and they confirmed till now they do not have any additional document listed in their databases although the addendum was received and signed by DAN ON 4th September just after initial file receive with only 9 days.(IAM SHARING TO CONFIRM THAT APPLICATION TILL 27th AUGUST HAVE PASSED COMPLTENESS CHECK))

So,I am waiting my application to be resubmitted again.i reside in Saudi arabia ,,my question is ,,,how long does it take to reach my address from CIO ??

DO NOT STOP ,DO NOT LOSE HOPE.

Shahzad36_KSA

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Whynot said:
dear all
BAD NEWS FOR ME I would like to share,,,,27th August applicant,NOC 0311 ,with addendum received 4th September of forgotten copy of educational certificate,

Today i have received a reply from CIO OF AN EMAIL SENT IN 17th September of addendum attachement confirmation,they replied that my file was returned on 30ty October as it is incomplete and they will send it along with explanation letter and they confirmed till now they do not have any additional document listed in their databases although the addendum was received and signed by DAN ON 4th September just after initial file receive with only 9 days.(IAM SHARING TO CONFIRM THAT APPLICATION TILL 27th AUGUST HAVE PASSED COMPLTENESS CHECK))

So,I am waiting my application to be resubmitted again.i reside in Saudi arabia ,,my question is ,,,how long does it take to reach my address from CIO ??

DO NOT STOP ,DO NOT LOSE HOPE.
It takes 2 months.

Shahzad36_KSA

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Dhaka2014 said:
Correct.
Just wanted to add that London Visa office asks for the full history since your 18th birthday (not the last 10 years). I have submitted info for the last 10 years but they have asked me to submit Schedule A form with all history since 18th birthday. Below are the words from LVO email to me:

"-updated Schedule A forms for you and your spouse **questions 8 and 12 of the Schedule A form must be completed from age 18 and must not show any gaps in the dates. We are aware that the wording of these questions asks for details for the last 10 years, however, this office requires these questions to be completed from age 18. These forms may be downloaded from our website www.cic.gc.ca**"
Depends vo to vo mine has not asked and people I know.

Elkanzy

Nov 3, 2014

Shahzad36_KSA said:
Dear!

Hope this helps.
Regards

Thank u Shahzad , i thought that not including all the previous residency status in the Generic form would be deemed incomplete data .. but it's true that i already provide details in schedule A

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Shahzad36_KSA said:
It takes 2 months.
I know one person, his returned package was delivered in 9 days from CIC to Saudi Arabia (he checked the Canadian Post Office stamp date). It was delivered by regular Saudi Post.