+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuckoz said:
Hi I applied online but I can't post links here yet.

What's "CIC"? I applied with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
@canuckoz Please don't mislead applicants,

Cic site

Online applications are not available for citizenship applications.

To apply, you will need to submit a paper application.

i see what's going on these days on forum, we had meeting on Sat, and the Citizenship & RQ delays are ridiculous as i mentioned earlier
only "new" members are reporting so called "fast" processed RQ's, not hard to figure out.

canuckoz

Feb 21, 2013
Mary Chad said:
@ canuckoz Please don't mislead applicants,

Cic site

Online applications are not available for citizenship applications.

To apply, you will need to submit a paper application.

i see what's going on these days on forum, we had meeting on Sat, and the Citizenship & RQ delays are ridiculous as i mentioned earlier
only "new" members are reporting so called "fast" processed RQ's, not hard to figure out.
Google "citizenship form 1300t online".

delphillip

Aug 22, 2012
us2yow said:
congrats delphillip !

That was generally efficient given an RQ was issued. Do you have a full time Canadian job or had very little travel outside US or did you apply under family category?

Just trying to get a general sense of why it was efficient (which is a good thing of course!). Thanks !
Thank you very much!

Both my wife and I have been studying or working full-time in Canada. I am working as a research associate in a University and my wife is a professional librarian. In the past 5 years, we only travelled to U.S., Cuba, and Bahamas several times. Our application case is quite simple. When I received my RQ last August, I was really angry, since I don't understand why I was RQed (my wife didn't get it). I guess that CIC was conducting random RQs and they finally realize our case is really simple.

delphillip

Aug 22, 2012
look4d said:
Hi delphillip , wonderful, congrats , thank you for sharing and wish you best of luck.

Did your wife got her test date as well?

Cheers
Thank you very much. My wife got her test date too. It is the same date (March 5th).

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
canokoz Form1300t is for Australian citizenship form.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuckoz said:
Google "citizenship form 1300t online".
Am i missing something here

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/fees_forms_appeals/online_apps/form1300t/

last time i checked Australia & Canada were different countries

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Mary Chad said:

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/fees_forms_appeals/online_apps/form1300t/

Lol

canuckoz

Feb 21, 2013
Mary Chad said:

oh no! busted! now you know how other "first world" countries efficiently process citizenship applications using properly implemented technology and government policy. it takes less than 2 MONTHSo to get approval for Australian citizenship.

tell CIC to follow the Aussie system!

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuckoz said:
oh no! busted! now you know how other "first world" countries efficiently process citizenship applications using properly implemented technology and government policy. it takes less than 2 MONTHSo to get approval for Australian citizenship.

tell CIC to follow the Aussie system!
I wish i can tell this to Cic if they are willing to listen:) their timeline for Citizenship and Residence Questionnaire is getting ridiculous each passing day

DELAWARE

Nov 24, 2008
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 19, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 19, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 14, 2012.

We sent you a letter on February 19, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

What does this mean. I havent received the letter yet, I check daily.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Well , I got my RQ last month but I don't have the 3rd line saying about the letter .
I just have 2 lines that we received your application and we started processing your application.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes are also correct @siki , Sometimes they update later on, but my online status for RQ just look exactly the same as @Delaware