+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
applied since 2009 and received RQ in august 2011 and yesterday received a letter they said that i have to wait 40 months to meet the citizenship judge :(

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
medimawla said:
applied since 2009 and received RQ in august 2011 and yesterday received a letter they said that i have to wait 40 months to meet the citizenship judge :(
Hello,
What is you exact timeline???
and what letter did you received???

please share with us.
please and thank you.

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my timeline. I sent my app from Kamloops but moved back to Vancouver; so I assume my file is gonna transfer to Vancouver.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 25, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 10, 2012.

Since I have 5 or 6 different visas in my passport, I think there is a strong chance for me to receive RQ .i hope not..(( hope is a good thing.))
I heard its better to get it before test.

thanks
cheers.]

canuckoz

Feb 21, 2013
01 Jan 2013 lodged application to sydney office via online portal. computer system says i meet residency requirements. paid fee via amex.

02 Jan 2013 uploaded scan copies of my passport, birth certificate, drivers licence and other supporting documents, via online portal

08 Jan 2013 received email from sydney office confirming citizenship test appointment.

25 Jan 2013 met a nice lady at sydney office who sighted my original docs and took my photo

25 Jan 2013 sat the computer based citizenship test. results known instantly - passed 100% :) (questions are easy. as long as you know democratic concepts.)

25 Jan 2013 officer performs security check using electronic crimtrac. results known in few minutes.

25 Jan 2013 i checked online status a few hours after the appointment. it says citizenship approved - waiting for ceremony :D

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
canuckoz said:
01 Jan 2013 lodged application to sydney office via online portal. computer system says i meet residency requirements. paid fee via amex.

02 Jan 2013 uploaded scan copies of my passport, birth certificate, drivers licence and other supporting documents, via online portal

08 Jan 2013 received email from sydney office confirming citizenship test appointment.

25 Jan 2013 met a nice lady at sydney office who sighted my original docs and took my photo

25 Jan 2013 sat the computer based citizenship test. results known instantly - passed 100% :) (questions are easy. as long as you know democratic concepts.)

25 Jan 2013 officer performs security check using electronic crimtrac. results known in few minutes.

25 Jan 2013 i checked online status a few hours after the appointment. it says citizenship approved - waiting for ceremony :D
Congrats! this is the first time i heard about this kind of application. Your processing was incredible. Can you please share the link how to apply and be processed online coz I have two adult children who will apply soon.

justmeinyyc

Jan 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeleni said:
Congrats! this is the first time i heard about this kind of application. Your processing was incredible. Can you please share the link how to apply and be processed online coz I have two adult children who will apply soon.

I think someone is sharing their citizenship fantasy....sadly CIC will never be that efficient and fast. ;)

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
mirmukaramali said:
Hello,
What is you exact timeline???
and what letter did you received???

please share with us.
please and thank you.

here is my timeline : applied November 2009 ,received RQ august 2011 , last week received letter they said i must meet up the citizenship judge and there is delay for 40 months :mad:

canuckoz

Feb 21, 2013
justmeinyyc said:
I think someone is sharing their citizenship fantasy....sadly CIC will never be that efficient and fast. ;)
are you saying my timeline is Sci-Fi Technology citizenship fantasy??

are you saying a FIRST WORLD country is not capable of doing that???

:eek:

justmeinyyc

Jan 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuckoz said:
are you saying my timeline is Sci-Fi Technology citizenship fantasy??

are you saying a FIRST WORLD country is not capable of doing that???

:eek:
It was totally believable until you mentioned the "nice" lady at the Sydney office....no way the CIC employs nice, helpful ladies!!! ;D

missmarts

Feb 6, 2013
Re: RQ before test , timeline update

timeline update

missmarts said:
hi,
I thought i should share my time frame with you...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 15, 2012 ( they sent me a RQ the same date and i gave it back to them at the end of June 2012)

We sent you a notice on January 21, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I had my test yesterday at Glen Erin> The immigration employee told us that the processing time after the test usually takes from 1 to 6 months, however, she also pointed out that people are getting called very quick for the Oath Ceremony at that location. She said that we probably get called to take the Oath in March.
We sent you a notice on February 15, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

canuckoz

Feb 21, 2013
jeleni said:
Hi I applied online but I can't post links here yet.

justmeinyyc said:
What's "CIC"? I applied with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I doubt theses "good news" since ppl I know personally here in Misssissauga,
Non of them getting test/oath but on this forum and other as well new ppl are
Just joining in to tell us all that "we got oath"

delphillip

Aug 22, 2012
I obtained a lots of information from this forum and I would like to share my before test rq timeline:

Office: Kitchener, Ontario, just found the information on CIC website last Friday and I have not received the formal letter yet.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 24, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 24, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 17, 2012.(RQ issued by Sydney in the same day)

Sent CIC a letter in the mid of October (before the 45 business days deadline) to told them I can't get CBSA report on time and I would send them all the documents once I got the report. Some friends on this forum may think I was crazy or I am bragging here, but I don't want to waste my money and time by sending them two packages. Plus, I am confident that they will not touch my rq files before they receive all documents they need.

Sent all RQ documents in the end of November.

Called CIC at the beginning of January 2013 to confirm that they have received my documents. I was told that my files were transferred to St Clair office Toronto. Strange...but what I can do except waiting.

We sent you a notice on February 19, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Good luck everybody!

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
congrats delphillip !

That was generally efficient given an RQ was issued. Do you have a full time Canadian job or had very little travel outside US or did you apply under family category?

Just trying to get a general sense of why it was efficient (which is a good thing of course!). Thanks !

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi delphillip , wonderful, congrats , thank you for sharing and wish you best of luck.

Did your wife got her test date as well?

Cheers