+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
siki said:
On the envelope its Sydney addr but on the cover letter its scarb. so I just guessed.
Then it's from Sydney. I guess your file had been in Sydney from Dec. 3 the date your file status changed to In Process to Feb. 1 2013 the date you got RQ.

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
look4d said:
Hi guys, is there any one knows someone got invited to write the test after he got a pretest RQ?

Please let us know here.
Thanks

i got RQ in august 2011 till now no test

missmarts

Feb 6, 2013
hi,
I thought i should share my time frame with you...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 15, 2012 ( they sent me a RQ the same date and i gave it back to them at the end of June 2012)

We sent you a notice on January 21, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I had my test yesterday at Glen Erin> The immigration employee told us that the processing time after the test usually takes from 1 to 6 months, however, she also pointed out that people are getting called very quick for the Oath Ceremony at that location. She said that we probably get called to take the Oath in March.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@missmarts , I really appreciate your input , I am very happy for you , that gives us hope , you are 2 months ahead of me , congratulations.

Do you know any who is in the same boat ?, pretest RQ ?

Cheers

Clayton

Oct 27, 2012
So glad to hear some one has the good news. Now what we have to do is "waiting" and "waiting". However, we trust -- we have all the qualified conditions, so no worried about, just wait... Now so many people are lining up... For our common people, we can only wait.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is the 3rd one now got his/her test invitation after pretest RQ , the average delay is about 3 to 5 months over the none RQ processing time , So far.

Cheers

kumusha

Jul 2, 2012
medimawla said:
look4d said:
Hi guys, is there any one knows someone got invited to write the test after he got a pretest RQ?

Please let us know here.
Thanks

i got RQ in august 2011 till now no test
missmarts said:
hi,
I thought i should share my time frame with you...

Congralutions, It really gives me hope. I applied in November, 2011 and received in December 2011. Started processing in June 2012 an got the RQ the same month.

I was just wondering what sort of questions were you asked at the interview before test and what documents did you take. I am sure was smooth since they had all the information.

Thanks

Kumusha

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 15, 2012 ( they sent me a RQ the same date and i gave it back to them at the end of June 2012)

We sent you a notice on January 21, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I had my test yesterday at Glen Erin> The immigration employee told us that the processing time after the test usually takes from 1 to 6 months, however, she also pointed out that people are getting called very quick for the Oath Ceremony at that location. She said that we probably get called to take the Oath in March.

kumusha

Jul 2, 2012
How was your test experience, congratulations. What sort of questions did they ask you before the test seeing that you had submitted all the information with the RQ! What documents did you take to the test because you submitted all the passport copies with the RQ.
I am so hopeful since I also got RQ before test.
Thanks

Kumusha

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been a member of www.canadavisa.com for a while, but I never came to this side of the floor :)

I came to Canada as FSW 5 years ago. I have gone out of Canada and came back never thinking what would happen in the future. Recently I applied for my PR card renewal and also send out an sponsorship application to bring my spouse. These processes themselves can take a toll on one's mind & body.

Now after reading the posts in this thread, I am about to loose my mind. My three years physical presence in Canada will happen at the end of this year. Then I plan to send out my Citizenship application.

But, after reading some of the horror stories of the lengthy wait, I am speechless in shock :(

I wanted to ask, if is it OK to proactively include the CBSA record, the OHIP record, letter from employer that you have worked for them continuously for three years, lease of apartment, phone bills etc.; so that one does not receive the RQ? Or am I still being too naive?

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
You might get RQ even though you send all of these documents. Or you might not. RQ is like a lottery these days.I have read about cases where someone didnt event go out of the country and still got RQ. My strong suspicion is RQ is based on your country of origin. Some people do not want agree with me however this is my personal views. Good luck!

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
Hi KFQ,

Please tell us which is your local cic office plz. So you are just waiting fir oath right? What kind of questions were you asked during the test, since you 've already submitted the RE(pretest). Thanks.

missmarts

Feb 6, 2013
kumusha said:
How was your test experience, congratulations. What sort of questions did they ask you before the test seeing that you had submitted all the information with the RQ! What documents did you take to the test because you submitted all the passport copies with the RQ.
I am so hopeful since I also got RQ before test.
Thanks

Kumusha
Hi,
the test was very easy, if you have read the book i think you should be fine>
when you receive the invitation for the test, they ask you to bring a list of things.I brought to the test the original of all my documents i submitted with my RQ and photocopies of my information from my passport. However, They asked me for the copies and verified the stamps from my passports with information from the residence calculator

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drakef2000 >>> what the CIC told you about your test did they mention any time soon ?