+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ AFTER OATH CONFIRMATION

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want citizenship, you should not withdraw your application in anger. Let the RQ roll. It will take a long time but I still think faster than applying again. There is not much you can do about it at this point but to wait and provide documents when they ask for them.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcanadian said:
I am seriously considering to jut withdraw my application to hell with it all.
Trust me when I say that I understand your anger and frustration at receiving the RQ. But the CIC does not need your help or collaboration in disenfrachising you, me and the tens of thousands of other RQ-recipients. Please don't help them treat you like crap. Please don't help them deny you your rights.
coolcanadian said:
I am finding this RQ more difficult then my PHD.
I know. The issue is that you had support for your PhD. You had an advisor. You had a library. You had a committee. And the university administration probably wasn't accusing you and 20% of your collegues of plagiarizing your theses.
It's not a library or an advisor, but I have tried to put together the best resources I could find to support RQ recipients in finding the info they need to complete the RQ: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/
And if and when you want to fight back against the CIC's mismanagement, please join the Association of Future Canadians. http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/association-of-future-canadians/

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CoolCanadian: its heart breaking. I can imagine your frustration. So sorry

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
coolcanadian, It is indeed frustrating, it was a very simple request, they should not do like this!!
but we don't have any power to argue.
But don't give up and just reply RQ and forget it, I have seen many RQ got outcome very fast.

I am also scheduled for test on Aug 12th in Scarborough.
How was your experience ? how was the test & interview?
Can you please share me in brief ? you can also send private message.

I really appreciate your help.

coolcanadian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
tst said:
coolcanadian, It is indeed frustrating, it was a very simple request, they should not do like this!!
but we don't have any power to argue.
But don't give up and just reply RQ and forget it, I have seen many RQ got outcome very fast.

I am also scheduled for test on Aug 12th in Scarborough.
How was your experience ? how was the test & interview?
Can you please share me in brief ? you can also send private message.

I really appreciate your help.
The test is real easy anyone can pass it however at the interview those CIC officials are not human they day i went in they were giving out RQ just like candies on Halloween day. I hope you have no travel to USA as i did noticed majority of people who received RQ that day had some USA travel history.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I must blame those people, holder of both US green card and Canadian PR, who abused the system in earlier years. They used to give false residency information to acquire Canadian Citizenship while they were staying and working in the USA. Because of those people's non-sense activities, we are now facing troubles like RQs :-X.

coolcanadian said:
The test is real easy anyone can pass it however at the interview those CIC officials are not human they day i went in they were giving out RQ just like candies on Halloween day. I hope you have no travel to USA as i did noticed majority of people who received RQ that day had some USA travel history.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
I must blame those people, holder of both US green card and Canadian PR, who abused the system in earlier years. They used to give false residency information to acquire Canadian Citizenship while they were staying and working in the USA. Because of those people's non-sense activities, we are now facing troubles like RQs :-X.
Im saying this with much respect towards your concerns and frustration, let's not generalize things here. May be a handful of people would have done the things you specified. Blaming will only make us less united and that's exactly the CIC's forte. We're in to this together and we will stay together. The CIC needs to have faculties to detect fraudulent applications and not generalize or categorize potential imposters based on assumptions. So people, lets all be clear on that.

As far as the OP and his predicament, I would only say it is a new low for CIC, good job crushing Canadian dreams, Vow!

Later

Aug 3, 2012
coolcanadian said:
spoken to a lawyer today legally at this point I have no case however i had ordered my file as per the lawyer to see if anything can be challenged on that.
Sad to hear that the law cannot provide you with relief. The CIC is too cunning to leave any evidence in your file that will provide you with grounds for successful legal action.

gta-local

Star Member
Aug 10, 2013
chandu007 said:
I'm also aware of similar facts. Very disappointing.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcanadian said:
I feel like shouting screaming i feel like beating my own self up. I been a dumb fool. I took my citizenship test few weeks ago at Scarborough Town all went extremely well. I was told to expect my Oath invitation in 6-8 weeks. Two weeks ago i was told by my boss that i had to travel to Vancouver for a 4 weeks training session. I called CIC just to find out the status of my application. I was told my Oath day will be at the end of August and they are in the process of sending me the Oath invitation. Silly me i advised the agent of my job situation and requested if that can be reschedule. Today I had received RQ in mail. I feel so helpless i feel like withdrawing my application feel like giving up my PR and just return back to my country. This is ridiculous what CIC had done to me. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is anyone in the same or similar situation as I am????I am sure there must be plenty of victims just like myself :( :( :(
What CIC has done to you is totally unethical. On CIC website, it is clearly written that RQ may be given to an applicant when his/her declared residence within last 4 years is questionable or in doubt. However, in your case this was not the case as you were very close to Oath ceremony. After reading your post, it is imminent that CIC is also giving RQ to applicants whom they suspect will leave Canada after acquiring Canadian citizenship so that their applications will become non-routine and will get further scrutiny. Also, CIC seems to think that almost all applicants are lying on their application or will leave Canada after getting Canadian citizenship.

In your case, I think when you called CIC and informed them about your job situation that your company wants you to go to Vancouver for 4 weeks, CIC would have suspected that you are in hurry to get citizenship and may want to leave Canada ASAP and that is why you got RQ the next day. CIC did think that you are lying to them when you mentioned about your going to Vancouver for 4 weeks. CIC is suspecting everyone of lying and misrepresentation. However, this is not true. Maybe 0.5% or 1% of applicants used to lie or are lying, but 99% of applicants are honest and do not want to misrepresent. I am saying this from my experience that majority of people do not want to misrepresent, but they get penalized by CIC for telling truth.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcanadian said:
... i did noticed majority of people who received RQ that day had some USA travel history.
People should be aware of the facts behind and understand the consequences so that they refrain from doing such activities for the sake of greater interest.

CanuckForEver said:
Im saying this with much respect towards your concerns and frustration, let's not generalize things here. May be a handful of people would have done the things you specified. Blaming will only make us less united and that's exactly the CIC's forte. We're in to this together and we will stay together. The CIC needs to have faculties to detect fraudulent applications and not generalize or categorize potential imposters based on assumptions. So people, lets all be clear on that.

As far as the OP and his predicament, I would only say it is a new low for CIC, good job crushing Canadian dreams, Vow!

coolcanadian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
rajmalhotra7 said:
What CIC has done to you is totally unethical. On CIC website, it is clearly written that RQ may be given to an applicant when his/her declared residence within last 4 years is questionable or in doubt. However, in your case this was not the case as you were very close to Oath ceremony. After reading your post, it is imminent that CIC is also giving RQ to applicants whom they suspect will leave Canada after acquiring Canadian citizenship so that their applications will become non-routine and will get further scrutiny. Also, CIC seems to think that almost all applicants are lying on their application or will leave Canada after getting Canadian citizenship.

In your case, I think when you called CIC and informed them about your job situation that your company wants you to go to Vancouver for 4 weeks, CIC would have suspected that you are in hurry to get citizenship and may want to leave Canada ASAP and that is why you got RQ the next day. CIC did think that you are lying to them when you mentioned about your going to Vancouver for 4 weeks. CIC is suspecting everyone of lying and misrepresentation. However, this is not true. Maybe 0.5% or 1% of applicants used to lie or are lying, but 99% of applicants are honest and do not want to misrepresent. I am saying this from my experience that majority of people do not want to misrepresent, but they get penalized by CIC for telling truth.
Thanks for you assumptions and btw Vancouver is in Canada I called them to postpone my Oath date I wasn't trying to get a earlier date. The training session which I am at right now is only scheduled once a year.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolcanadian said:
Thanks for you assumptions and btw Vancouver is in Canada I called them to postpone my Oath date I wasn't trying to get a earlier date. The training session which I am at right now is only scheduled once a year.
Ya I know.. but CIC would have thought that you may want to leave Canada... CIC does not check passport during oath ceremony for entry/exit stamps... The only time they do so is during citizenship exam. Now, if CIC thought you want to leave Canada and not to go to Vancouver, the only way to check is by issuing RQ. If something else was cooking up in their mind i.e. they want to penalize you for asking to postpone oath date.

DaRulz

Sep 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I bet if they will find anything different in my RQ support documents than the original application. I'm not going to check the status anymore, nor even calling them. I will just wait and will get it. PR all the waaay for now. :D