23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
blagogalia said:
Hi guys and Happy New Year to every one!

Congrats to the ones with good news!
I just wanted to up date our situation. Still no news from Bucharest VO. 2 weeks ago I sent them an e-mail with some additional information about changes of my job and I kindly asked if is possible to get confirmation if they have received our file and when. No answer yet and I`m not sure that I`ll get. We will try to find more information by ordering our GCMS.
I have read that paying earlier our RPRF will save us sometime at the end of the process. Does any one know how we can do it? I found this:

`Current applications: If you are paying additional fees for an application currently being processed by the Embassy in Bucharest, the original payment receipt (certified cheque, bank draft or proof of payment by cash deposit) must be attached to the letter from our office requesting the payment.`

We still don`t have a letter so how can we pay earlier?
No news is a good news in general, is what they say :).

As for paying fees earlyer its a good idea,however I am not sure how this works, my husband payed PPRF after my interview, so I had my file application number in Bucharest, I never had a written letter request from them.

Maybe you should wait a little bit longer, until you get some news from them with forward requests.

Good luck!!

I.N.

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
I hope you are right I.N that no news is good news. It is just so difficult to sit and wait without knowing anything.
I hope soon...

Regards!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
blagogalia said:
I hope you are right I.N that no news is good news. It is just so difficult to sit and wait without knowing anything.
I hope soon...

Regards!
I know how you feel, I was feeling the same as well months ago....but trust me, it will pass...time will tell. :) Patience is the key ;)

I.N.

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
You know guys, I am still waiting an answer for the medicals' extension or 5 weeks till now. That is really sad :( because we are waiting probably to understand that we must to redo the medicals. I was thinking that it takes 2-3 weeks but obviously not. I'm also wondering what is the relation between the decision for extension and the question "where you have resided the last six months"? Best wishes!

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Hey people,
any up dates? I still have no news. The time seems has stopped for me. CharlizeRai thank you for the help on filling up the paper for the GCMS notes. I hope i did it right. Any news for you?

Regards!

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
Blagogalia,

No updates yet! I keep crossing my fingers to hear back from them soon. Hopefully we learn something once we get our notes back.

Does anyone know how long it takes Bucharest (if it is indeed them) to respond to the request for notes?

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
CharlizeRai said:
Blagogalia,

No updates yet! I keep crossing my fingers to hear back from them soon. Hopefully we learn something once we get our notes back.

Does anyone know how long it takes Bucharest (if it is indeed them) to respond to the request for notes?
Hi,

I just got my GCMS for 30 days. It's not Bucharest but Ottawa :)

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
Awesome! Thanks!!

deshulina

Oct 22, 2012
Hello guys, I have quick question, if I get visiting visa, how big is the percentage of getting a extension on it, so we know should we go with an in-land application or not.

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
Deshulina, sorry I do not know the answer to this. If you try submitting it to the larger group, perhaps someone will have an answer.

For those of us dealing with Bucharest, I have a question regarding my application thus far.
My application has been 'in process' according to e-cas, since December 27 2012. In April 2013, my husband's medicals will be expiring. In my conversation with him today, he said he would like to have at least 2 months notice before he leaves in order to get his stuff together (Resigning from work, bank accounts, etc). That would mean in the middle of February.

Obviously I want my spouse here as soon as possible, so I am being optimistic that things will happen prior to the expiry of his medical so we don't lose more months waiting for the extension.

I am thinking I will wait until the end of January to see if I hear anything at all, but I do not know what to do after that point. Is it worthwhile to email the embassy, or to get him to go to the embassy and inquire? If there was a way to provide some motivation to move more quickly, that would be lovely. But I don't want to annoy anyone who shouldn't be annoyed. EEK!

This immigration stuff is so stressful!

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
Hi CharlizeRay,

Yes, it's so stressful and the main reason is there are no time limits. In my case, I sent an email a month before the expiration but their request for the extension came to me a week after the expiration. Unfortunately, the chance to get an extension without any additional examination is very small. So you have to be ready to receive an e-email to redo for example your x-ray than to get directly an extension.

Best wishes!

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Hi deshulina, I also don`t know the answer of your question. I hope someone else can help.
CharlizeRai, I was thinking about the same things lately plus that my passport is expiring in 11.11.2013 so most probably I`ll need to renew it as well if we have delays with the medicals. My ecas still is on `application received`. A month ago I wrote to Bucharest VO with some changes in my employment and asked them when they`ve received our file (trying to be smart). Guess it didn`t work :-X
Few days ago we payed the RPRF and sent copies of the receipts to Bucharest VO and CPC Mississauga. Today my husband got this e-mail:
`Information regarding online payment is available at (click on the link “Immigration” for instructions about payment for Family Class application):
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Welcome.do
Please mail the original proof of payment to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. Once received from Case Processing Centre in Mississauga that the fee has been paid we will have the system updated.`
So...we have already sent 2 copies of the receipts but why is this e-mail?We can`t reach the link - it shows error! What means `the original proof of payment` - we have a copy of electronic receipt? May be CPC Mississauga haven`t updated the system yet? Or we have sent it to the wrong place?
If anyone can show me the light here pls!
On other hand I feel kind of good that at least we got some news 8)
Regards and keep smiling! The time is passing, no way back :)

danap

Star Member
May 9, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deshulina said:
Hello guys, I have quick question, if I get visiting visa, how big is the percentage of getting a extension on it, so we know should we go with an in-land application or not.
Hi there,
If you apply for visitor visa ask for multiple entry....at the airport is recommended to have a returning ticket for maximum 6 months from the date of your entry. The officer at the boarder is the one how decides how long you will be able to stay. A ticket like that may help. Then one month before your permit of staying in the country expire make an application for extension, you can make it online or sending the file. Payment of the 75$ fee can be done online as well. From the moment they are receiving your application you will get an answer in 1-4 months time. In this time you are legal to be on the Canadian territory. Extension can be up to max 6 months and is all about the reason that you put. The refuse of an extension will be explain to you in a letter. Most of the time they are giving first time extensions (especially for married couples) . An in-land application is about one year and 3 months this days and yes you can do it here, apply and then wait in Canada. YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE CANADIAN TERITORY FOR THE HOLE PROCESS until you receive your PR card.
Hope this help.
Best regards,
Danap

deshulina

Oct 22, 2012
Dear danap, you have no idea how much this post helped me out, on one hand you were amazing in explaining everything, and sharing things I was unaware of but on other hand you helped me with giving me courage that people here and so thoughtful and caring and you are amazing in helping other out.Thank you all for the support and the info ! I hope that one day I can be as useful for others as you are to me ! God bless you all !