Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Regina said:
But there MUST be a letter of explanation!!
Exactly!
Yes, this is the only way to figure out what's gone wrong.
Yes, I know it's very odd that there seems to be no letter.

Bakabaka

Jun 16, 2016
badpusacat said:
If I'm not mistaken, there was a May2016 (or April) applicant who posted here that her entire application was returned to her. There was a letter attached that says that she used the wrong form, instead of inland, she used outland...BUT she was applying outland. So it was a mistake by CIC! She called them, was informed to send it back and attached an explanation (that it is an Outland application with Outland forms).

My advice: (1) call CIC to figure out what's wrong (2) check the version of the form (3) have it ready to sent back to CIC.
This too happened too me. I filled one sheet wrong, I listed my wife and her parents and brother. I only needed to list my wife. They mailed me a letter asking me redo it, and explained which sheet was require again. No explanation why it was wrong. I asked few people on the forums, simple fix, sent the correct copy to them. Error sheet was imm5604. Heh

oOCujoOo

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
So I got through when I called this morning, but I wasn't able to get anything out of the call agent. She said that this was the first time she had ever heard of a packet being returned without an accompanying letter. Great!

I asked about the additional $490 and was told that that didn't need to be paid yet. In the end I was just advised to double check my forms, signatures, form versions, and just resend with a letter stating that it was sent back to us with no explanation... ???

Frustrating to say the least! I'd hate to waste any more time especially if they send it back again. Ideas? Similar situations?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oOCujoOo said:
So I got through when I called this morning, but I wasn't able to get anything out of the call agent. She said that this was the first time she had ever heard of a packet being returned without an accompanying letter. Great!

I asked about the additional $490 and was told that that didn't need to be paid yet. In the end I was just advised to double check my forms, signatures, form versions, and just resend with a letter stating that it was sent back to us with no explanation... ???

Frustrating to say the least! I'd hate to waste any more time especially if they send it back again. Ideas? Similar situations?
Make sure to send all the required docs for your situation ,check your country's guide , send everything listed in the check list , include lots of relationship evidence .

you should be fine .

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
oOCujoOo, I'm curious if you got AOR1 first then they returned the package or if they just sent it back??

Sorry this happened to you and hopefully it's (another) error on their part and you don't lose your spot.

Cheers

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
oOCujoOo said:

What a nightmare. Have you considered going to your MP?

oOCujoOo

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
@TANMEX Currently scouring the guide and our whole packet. Essentially threw everything at them that I could think of in terms of relationship evidence.

@AladdinsGirl I'm so green, to be honest I don't know what or if I had gotten an AOR1. As of the moment, there's been no correspondence other than the complete returned application packet. Hoping I have a spot to begin with!

@Sous2 Didn't realize that was an option. How does one approach that office with this?

Thanks for the reply guys! I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but man its been deflating and trying.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
oOCujoOo said:
@TANMEX Currently scouring the guide and our whole packet. Essentially threw everything at them that I could think of in terms of relationship evidence.

@AladdinsGirl I'm so green, to be honest I don't know what or if I had gotten an AOR1. As of the moment, there's been no correspondence other than the complete returned application packet. Hoping I have a spot to begin with!

@Sous2 Didn't realize that was an option. How does one approach that office with this?

Thanks for the reply guys! I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but man its been deflating and trying.
Call your local MP office and explain the situation. Do not hesitate to ask for an appointment.
Did you ask CIC if you had been considered for sponsorship?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Regina said:
What for?
He could request CAIPS by himself.

Actually, oOCujoOo , I advice you to do so - request CAIPS (if it's possible, if file has been opened)
Because they could help him move a little quicker back into the line up if it was CIC's mistake.

oOCujoOo

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
OK! So I stubbornly called the call centre back and reached another rep. This one was able to actually "open" my case and found an issue. Hallelujah!

Apparently, in my portion of the Application (IMM0008) I have my wife's address, which is where I am at the moment, as the mailing address for correspondence, and my US address as my residential address (filed outland). And that was the hold up!!!! We apparently failed to file and include the Use of a Representative form (IMM5476) because I have her address listed. GAH!!! She's obviously my sponsor! IDK, rookie mistake?

Anyways I'm sure there's a rrreally good reason why they needed that to be clarified so I'm just going to re-organize everything and re-send it today. ::) Here's praying that that was all it was.

GUYS thank you so so much for your input and guidance. You've all been a God send. Sorry for venting and I hope this topic will help the next poor soul that gets stuck in our situation. I'll keep you updated, wish me luck!

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
oOCujoOo said:
OK! So I stubbornly called the call centre back and reached another rep. This one was able to actually "open" my case and found an issue. Hallelujah!

Apparently, in my portion of the Application (IMM0008) I have my wife's address, which is where I am at the moment, as the mailing address for correspondence, and my US address as my residential address (filed outland). And that was the hold up!!!! We apparently failed to file and include the Use of a Representative form (IMM5476) because I have her address listed. GAH!!! She's obviously my sponsor! IDK, rookie mistake?

Anyways I'm sure there's a rrreally good reason why they needed that to be clarified so I'm just going to re-organize everything and re-send it today. ::) Here's praying that that was all it was.

GUYS thank you so so much for your input and guidance. You've all been a God send. Sorry for venting and I hope this topic will help the next poor soul that gets stuck in our situation. I'll keep you updated, wish me luck!
So glad you were able top sort this out. Good luck with the rest of your process.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I stubbornly called the call centre back and reached another rep.
Very good move! When I needed to call CIC I called THREE times before I got the correct answer. Two last reps told me the same, and the first and second answers were the opposite!

oOCujoOo

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Regina said:
Very good move! When I needed to call CIC I called THREE times before I got the correct answer. Two last reps told me the same, and the first and second answers were the opposite!
Oh I highly recommend it, may be my new hobby. ;D I really should have known better though.

@Sous2 Thank you! Best of luck with you as well