+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned application due to a highlighted NOC code?

kl681

Jun 5, 2014
Hello All:
My question is mainly about the NOC code that was highlighted by the CIC in the return letter.

My background:
Graduated in May 2012 and got the Post-Grad-Work-Permit in July 2012, and started working in Jan 2013 to now as a Software Test Engineer(NOC-2173).
Applied to the CIC in June 2014 and application got returned in July 2014.

Problem:
Under the short description of my work history in Canada, the NOC code(2173) is the only thing that was highlighted by the CIC.
And my employer also clearly states and confirms, in the employment reference letter that the work I do corresponds to the NOC-2173.

Question:
What does that highlight mean? And how to improve?

Thank you!

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
Did you submit a reference letter stating all duties and responsibility of the NOC code.

iamitguy

Nov 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Not at all
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-09-2015
Didnt he mention any reason of returning the application ?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kl681 said:
Hello All:
My question is mainly about the NOC code that was highlighted by the CIC in the return letter.

My background:
Graduated in May 2012 and got the Post-Grad-Work-Permit in July 2012, and started working in Jan 2013 to now as a Software Test Engineer(NOC-2173).
Applied to the CIC in June 2014 and application got returned in July 2014.

Problem:
Under the short description of my work history in Canada, the NOC code(2173) is the only thing that was highlighted by the CIC.
And my employer also clearly states and confirms, in the employment reference letter that the work I do corresponds to the NOC-2173.

Question:
What does that highlight mean? And how to improve?

Thank you!
so they returned it without any explanation ???

Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My application is also is returned but they have stated clearly that supoorting travel document is missing.

They have also highlighted NOC Code and number of working hours.It does not mean that it has anything to correct.They have simply highlighted for processing.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manasa ramegowda said:
Hi,

My application is also is returned but they have stated clearly that supoorting travel document is missing.

They have also highlighted NOC Code and number of working hours.It does not mean that it has anything to correct.They have simply highlighted for processing.
travel document missing ???

u mean the passport copy ??? did you not attach a copy of your pp ??

kl681

Jun 5, 2014
iamitguy said:
Didnt he mention any reason of returning the application ?
1. Just a letter stating that "See all the highlighted items on the enclosed checklist or Appendix ".
2. There are two places that were highlighted:
a) The way of payment, because I just attached a Cheque but I think this mistake is not hard to correct.
b) The NOC code stated under the question that asks my work history, my company has already confirmed that my job title fully corresponds to NOC-2173, NOT something else and they also have stated that in my work reference letter.

So any other advice?

Thank you!

kl681

Jun 5, 2014
Hichaman said:
Did you submit a reference letter stating all duties and responsibility of the NOC code.
Yes, in the employment reference letter, it clearly states that my job title Software Test Engineer is a subset of NOC-2173, plus they also SIMPLY list my duties, but just not as much as stated on the NOC website.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
Software test engineer is most likely Software Tester that comes under NOC 2283.

Would that be the cause?

Would you mind to paste the exact letter here?

Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it is not passport. It is Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562).
As i didn't travel anywhere except my country of resident and country of citizen, i did not fill this form.

But they requested me to provide this also.

kl681

Jun 5, 2014
canadacec123 said:
Software test engineer is most likely Software Tester that comes under NOC 2283.

Would that be the cause?

Would you mind to paste the exact letter here?
2173 - Software engineers and designers

Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

Illustrative example(s)
application architect
computer software engineer
embedded software engineer
software architect
software design engineer
software design verification engineer
software designer
software testing engineer
systems integration engineer - software
technical architect - software
telecommunications software engineer

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
A master's or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

The NOC 2173 totally matches my background, as explained and confirmed by my employer.

vraghun

Sep 4, 2014
Hi,

I'm a Software Tester : Testing all Software applications majorly Web based applications and also applications on mobile devices.

and my designations are "Senior QA Tester", "Senior Tester" and "Senior Quality Analyst 1"

Which NOC Should I be selecting ? Please help me dude..I'm really tensed now as in the last moment I got this doubt and am lost.. :(