+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status!

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hi everone!
This topic is for people who apply restoration in canada!
Please post your timeline here! How long its take and what is processing time for restoration of status these days!
Thanks

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
i applied for restoration as a visitor on april 10th but didnt hear anything from them yet!i was on work permit before my work permit expires on jan 15th.
Now i have pnp,support letter,employer,pr file number(got last week 6th july) but dnt have status!

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Yahoo06 said:
i applied for restoration as a visitor on april 10th but didnt hear anything from them yet!i was on work permit before my work permit expires on jan 15th.
Now i have pnp,support letter,employer,pr file number(got last week 6th july) but dnt have status!
It could be that i will apply for restoration soon. Hope not... Wp expires on 20 july.
Wow no answer for so long. Did they refuse to extend your wp or what happened?

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
They delay all applications now. I see they work on april 2 applications for visitors. As it website shows. So hopefully you will get answer by next week. Im waiting for wp extention but also worry about refusal. No news for long time either...applied april 9

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Stuckup said:
If u have pnp support letter, u must b able to apply for workpermit ?
but for applying a work permit you need a valid status in country right?i have all documents and everything but dnt have status thats why i wait/apply for my restoration !

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
Hey! Did you get your restoration? I'm in the same boat as you. Work permit expired in May, I got the declined letter for extension of my work permit today but I have nomination and support letter.
Did you have to stop working or did you find some sort of loophole?

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Dchezmo said:
Hey! Did you get your restoration? I'm in the same boat as you. Work permit expired in May, I got the declined letter for extension of my work permit today but I have nomination and support letter.
If you have nomination work permit supporting letter
Then cic should not refuse your work permit extention

What is the reason of refuse

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dchezmo said:
You are out of status and have to stop working immediately. There is no loop hole. If you want to fix your status without leaving Canada, you'll need to apply to restore your status in addition to applying for a work permit. Note that you should expect it will take several months (3-4) for the restoration to be processed. You will not be able to work during this time.

Dchezmo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
0108-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2016
It got refused because at the time I did not have the MPNP nomination. I only applied to have implied status and buy more time to get nomination.

scylla said:
You are out of status and have to stop working immediately. There is no loop hole. If you want to fix your status without leaving Canada, you'll need to apply to restore your status in addition
applying for a work permit. Note that you should expect it will take several months (3-4) for the restoration to be processed. You will not be able to work during this time.
I notified my employer and Im currently on leave of abscence without pay until I solve everything out. Do you know if this would revoke my nomination?

Im considering going back to my home country since the processing time for a new visa is only one month, but Im not sure if they would revoke my nomination since when I applied I was working in Mb. Im scared that I'll have to reaplly as overseas worker.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Hey Dchezmo

I'd suggest talk to a lawyer, explain your situation. You can even call CIC office early in the morning. They usually pick up at that time.

Wish you all the best.

mi6

Aug 21, 2015
I am in same situation too, I lost my job immediately i applied for restoration since March this year and have not heard from CIC till now but before then I applied for AINP and got the file number which i used to applied for a renewal of work permit last year but yet they refused it because I had no LMIA. I need help or advice on what i could do to restore my status soon as I really need be able to work again, I have equally being looking out for any open streams that I could apply for PR while waiting for my restoration but I haven't seen any yet. My big question is what will happen to my AINP application if I update them of my new status after i get a reply on any legal status from CIC later on since I am not working, example if I have a study permit and I update immigration on my AINP application about my new legal status, will my AINP application suffer or continue to progress for me to get my Alberta nomination certificate? Thank you