Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07- 19-2012
Doc's Request.
06-19-2013 (police clearance for spouse)
AOR Received.
08-16- 2012
File Transfer...
08 -16- 2012
Med's Request
04-20-2013
Med's Done....
04- 24 -2013
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Hi guys! I am a July applicant, got AOR inAugust. I called cic today and I asked if I can apply for the bridging work permit with my AOR but they said I can't, I have to wait for another email apparently they will send once they start processing my application. The agent said I need a positive approval email or something like this in order to apply. Need clarification on this...

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
ioanag said:
Hi guys! I am a July applicant, got AOR inAugust. I called cic today and I asked if I can apply for the bridging work permit with my AOR but they said I can't, I have to wait for another email apparently they will send once they start processing my application. The agent said I need a positive approval email or something like this in order to apply. Need clarification on this...
The eligibility for open bridged work permits is as follows:
•The foreign national is currently in Canada;
•They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
•They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
•They have made application for an open WP.

Positive eligibility decision is defined further:
CEC: the “Eligibility CEC” decision has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.

If you have applied under CEC and received your AOR, you can go ahead and apply (as long as you meet all other criteria - in Canada and within 4 months). If you applied under a different economic class, you need to reference the link below for more info. Hope that helps clear up your doubts...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
CEC2013 said:
The eligibility for open bridged work permits is as follows:
•The foreign national is currently in Canada;
•They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
•They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
•They have made application for an open WP.

Positive eligibility decision is defined further:
CEC: the “Eligibility CEC” decision has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.

If you have applied under CEC and received your AOR, you can go ahead and apply (as long as you meet all other criteria - in Canada and within 4 months). If you applied under a different economic class, you need to reference the link below for more info. Hope that helps clear up your doubts...

hey guys do you think we will need an employer offer for this matter?? 'cus I'm currently unemployed.

Kozmoj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application package
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
waived, CoPR on 15-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013 at Carway
ujbaby said:
Thanks patricia, i am still working under open work permit (pgwp)that will expire in august 2013, i filled cec since 2012 august but havent heard anything(email AOR) from immigration other than my ecas online status saying that my application was received. i recently started working for another employer as full time permanent (NOC 3233)in december 2012 and i am afraid if i didn't do anything about my case, my work permit will expire and i will run out of status.
In your case,
You can apply bridging open work permit before your current work permit is expired.
This new program is prepared for the PR applicant just like you.

If you are residing in Canada with valid work permit that will be expire within 4 weeks,
and you have got your AOR under CEC stream,
You can apply this open work permit and work here one more year before your PR decision is made.

In this case, you don't need to apply LMO and you don't need to ask any help to your employer.

Kozmoj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application package
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
waived, CoPR on 15-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013 at Carway
ioanag said:

Wait, wait, wait...
I've already applied Bridging Open Work Permit with AOR under CEC stream.
If I follow the comment of CIC officer, my application will be rejected because I am not eligible to apply this program.

That means there will be another AOR they will send during the CEC process other than the first AOR, which was sent when they received the application?
I've never heard that before.
We need to clarify the definition of AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt).

Is there any one who know this?

sabidhawan

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
ujbaby said:
Thanks Sabidhawan
i have already applied for CEC since August 2012 and uptil now, i am still waiting for AOR.. were u on open work permit before getting closed work permit thru positive LMO?? did u reapplied CEC again with ur closed work permit??? or did u applied under FSW program?? i need to know what to do because i am begining to lose hope on my current CEC application since i couldnt get AOR like others..
Yes i was on open work permit . My open work permit expired while i applied for LMO so for couple months i was on implied status . Once i got my closed work permit i reapplied under CEC but i wasted about 18 months in the whole process. I hate how i was never given a chance to explain myself and had to go through the whole process again . In your case as you applied in August you should be recieving AOR soon and then just apply for 1 year open work permit . In my case becuase my work permit is for 3 yrs i can even apply for open work permit and cannot change employers either. you still have some time to wait for your AOR . I got my AOR in 2 months . Please check that they di not mail you a letter . Ask them if you have recived AOR yet . What does the status on ECAS says?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
shad86 said:
hey guys do you think we will need an employer offer for this matter?? 'cus I'm currently unemployed.
As long as you currently hold a valid work permit that will expire in 4 months and you meet the other requirements, you should be able to apply (even if not currently employed).

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
sabidhawan said:
Yes i was on open work permit . My open work permit expired while i applied for LMO so for couple months i was on implied status . Once i got my closed work permit i reapplied under CEC but i wasted about 18 months in the whole process. I hate how i was never given a chance to explain myself and had to go through the whole process again . In your case as you applied in August you should be recieving AOR soon and then just apply for 1 year open work permit . In my case becuase my work permit is for 3 yrs i can even apply for open work permit and cannot change employers either. you still have some time to wait for your AOR . I got my AOR in 2 months . Please check that they di not mail you a letter . Ask them if you have recived AOR yet . What does the status on ECAS says?
Thanks,Sabidhawan, i never received any AOR neither in mail nor email but moreover, i can view my application status online and ecas says " application received on august 17th, 2012". It is almost 5 months since i have been waiting for this AOR but it never came. I wonder what's going on. I am thinking of starting the process of obtaining another work permit thru LMO as I currently got a new full time job, probably 2nd week of march will be the best to start applying because my PGWP will expire in august this year and i dont want to wait till then to begin the process. do u mean to say that u reapplied CEC recently with ur LMO employer?? have u got another AOR??

sabidhawan

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
ujbaby said:
Thanks,Sabidhawan, i never received any AOR neither in mail nor email but moreover, i can view my application status online and ecas says " application received on august 17th, 2012". It is almost 5 months since i have been waiting for this AOR but it never came. I wonder what's going on. I am thinking of starting the process of obtaining another work permit thru LMO as I currently got a new full time job, probably 2nd week of march will be the best to start applying because my PGWP will expire in august this year and i dont want to wait till then to begin the process. do u mean to say that u reapplied CEC recently with ur LMO employer?? have u got another AOR??
Then you must email CIC immidiately . That means they should have sent you an AOR but for some reason you just didnt get . Yes, i appled cec after getting closed work permit with positive LMO.

SkorpionKing23

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
17-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
I got a repsonse from CIC about refusal with following:-
Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: sr. software consultant (NOC 2173).

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. The letter of employment you provided dated January 18, 2012 did not list the duties and responsibilities you performed and the weekly number of hours worked in Canada. In addition, you provided a T4 for the year 2011 and pay stubs for 4 months in 2012 only. Consequently, I am not satisfied you have acquired 24 months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada at a National Occupational Classification skill of type 0 or level A or B in the last 36 months prior to the submission of your application.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Yours sincerely,

Please advise if I can send the required documents or need to re-apply again?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
SkorpionKing23 said:

Re-apply.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SkorpionKing23 said:
Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: sr. software consultant (NOC 2173).

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. The letter of employment you provided dated January 18, 2012 did not list the duties and responsibilities you performed and the weekly number of hours worked in Canada. In addition, you provided a T4 for the year 2011 and pay stubs for 4 months in 2012 only. Consequently, I am not satisfied you have acquired 24 months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada at a National Occupational Classification skill of type 0 or level A or B in the last 36 months prior to the submission of your application.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Yours sincerely,

Sorry to hear about your rejection. If you don't mind , a few questions:
1. Did you have 24 months of working experience prior to applying?
2. Did your letter of employment clearly stated the period of your employment (i.e. start/end of employment, etc)?
3. Was your experience gained with one or more employers?

thanks in advance

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SkorpionKing23 said:

Yours sincerely,

You wouldn't be able to send the missing documents. The best bet is to re apply again with a new reference letter AND whatever documents that could prove that you worked for 24 months or more!

SkorpionKing23

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
17-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
hey Jhonny thanks for immideiate follow-up, to re-apply do I need to get PCC done again or the originals one sent to CIC previously will be good?