+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Have you tried applied for your family members while your asylum process is still under process? If yes, may i ask for the outcome please. Thank you.
Yes, unfortunately they were not successful.
Maybe in 99% of the cases, dependents of a refugee claimants/ protected persons will not be approved for a visitor visa. The reason is very clear: IRCC are 100% sure that if approved, the dependents will stay in Canada and will not return and wait until their papers are finalized (provided that the refugee claim is approved).

If anyone will listen to me, I will advise everyone NOT to apply for asylum/ refugee in Canada, especially if there are possible immigration programs available. There is a very good chance that at least 3 years and possibly 4 or more before family reunification is possible.

This is the hard reality that people do not realize until it is very late.

To everyone there thinking of applying as refugees: Think again and again and again. If your application is not approved and you are forced to leave Canada, or if you withdraw your application and leave, this means that all your dependents will not be admissible to Canada or any other country.

wkmptk

Aug 1, 2024
Yes, unfortunately they were not successful.
Maybe in 99% of the cases, dependents of a refugee claimants/ protected persons will not be approved for a visitor visa. The reason is very clear: IRCC are 100% sure that if approved, the dependents will stay in Canada and will not return and wait until their papers are finalized (provided that the refugee claim is approved).

If anyone will listen to me, I will advise everyone NOT to apply for asylum/ refugee in Canada, especially if there are possible immigration programs available. There is a very good chance that at least 3 years and possibly 4 or more before family reunification is possible.

This is the hard reality that people do not realize until it is very late.

To everyone there thinking of applying as refugees: Think again and again and again. If your application is not approved and you are forced to leave Canada, or if you withdraw your application and leave, this means that all your dependents will not be admissible to Canada or any other country.
Would you please your case's timeline, please? Thank you.

dubai2024

Aug 8, 2024
my mother applied in the start of this year, I am currently 19 and live with my mom. I applied for asylum for myself like a month ago. My question is, if my mom becomes a conventional refugee first, can I apply for PR as her dependant?

hinhaj

Oct 10, 2023
my mother applied in the start of this year, I am currently 19 and live with my mom. I applied for asylum for myself like a month ago. My question is, if my mom becomes a conventional refugee first, can I apply for PR as her dependant?
Yes it can be possible but before that you have to withdraw your case of assylum

Sarah Farman

Aug 11, 2024
Does anyone knows how to expedite one’s existing refugee claim ?plz help me with the information m badly in need to expedite my case

Sarah Farman

Aug 11, 2024
I found a search result on internet that I can expedite my case. It does anyone has information about how its works and anything about it ?

Sarah Farman

Aug 11, 2024
I mean I have a refugee claim already but I am badly in need to get early decision so I am thinking about applying for less complex case only if that’s possible with existing case

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
I mean I have a refugee claim already but I am badly in need to get early decision so I am thinking about applying for less complex case only if that’s possible with existing case
You can’t decide that, the judge and RPD can decide if your case is complex or not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank u for ur response broccoli13, but can I even apply for less complex with existing normal refugee case?
It doesn't work that way. IRCC decides which cases are less complex. This is not something you apply for.

Reactions: broccoli13