+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

Nkay11

May 3, 2024
Mine was less complex and they decided for short hearing. And 10 days before hearing they cancelled and send positive nod.
Congratulations! how long did it take to receive the notice to appear for hearing after receiving your disclosure package also how long did it take to receive the disclosure package after your eligibility interview

AthanaseNiyongabo

Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
It would be by mail
Does anyone have such an experience of having no lawyer and get notified by email? I am in the same situation as that of my fellow who asked the previous question. I lost my legal aid when I moved from Ontario to Quebec. I am planning to hire a lawyer. Can it impact the process? I told myself it stuck because I do not have a lawyer.

Last edited:

sonic2012

Jul 11, 2024
Does anyone have such an experience of having no lawyer and get notified by email? I am in the same situation as that of my fellow who asked the previous question. I lost my legal aid when I moved from Ontario to Quebec. I am planning to hire a lawyer. Can it impact the process? I told myself it stuck because I do not have a lawyer.
If you lost your legal aid they would send a letter to you stating that you are not longer being represented and where all the communication will be going to. It will likely be your residential address.

AthanaseNiyongabo

Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
If you lost your legal aid they would send a letter to you stating that you are not longer being represented and where all the communication will be going to. It will likely be your residential address.
Thank you for the idea. My last communication with the lawyer was in July 2023 when the IRCC disclosed documents from Integrated Claim Analysis Center. I haven't heard anything else so far. So, nothing official except that when I call her she tells me I lost my legal aid.

Elkana

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hello everyone

BOC August 1
Medical done August 3
Med result uploaded August 17
Bio and doc seizure Sep 15
Waiting for eligibility, WP, background check, hearing, etc.
I pray it will not take too long.

Reading several comments, I noticed that few applications were processed faster than others. The rule is there is no rule. This is what I keep hearing.
I hope to get WP soon, already need money, already have offer, but first should get the WP :( :(

I have a question: My family members who are outside Canada applied for a visitor visa, is it true that they will be blocked? Or is there a chance for them to be granted a visitor visa?
Hello I have same situation pleas , what happened now on ur case❓

Reactions: tasase

wkmptk

Aug 1, 2024
Hello everyone

BOC August 1
Medical done August 3
Med result uploaded August 17
Bio and doc seizure Sep 15
Waiting for eligibility, WP, background check, hearing, etc.
I pray it will not take too long.

Reading several comments, I noticed that few applications were processed faster than others. The rule is there is no rule. This is what I keep hearing.
I hope to get WP soon, already need money, already have offer, but first should get the WP :( :(

I have a question: My family members who are outside Canada applied for a visitor visa, is it true that they will be blocked? Or is there a chance for them to be granted a visitor visa?
Have you tried applied for your family members while your asylum process is still under process? If yes, may i ask for the outcome please. Thank you.