+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

amaniman

Jul 24, 2024
Eligible refugee claimants are normally issued a work permit that is valid for two years. It is important to apply to renew the work permit before it expires. The work permit will continue to need to be renewed until the person has become a permanent resident.

Reactions: stallion1982

Ivantika

Apr 20, 2024
Just sharing my timeline:

1. April 19, 2024 - Submit BOC to IRCC
2. April 21, 2024 - AOC received
3. April 29, 2024 - Complete Medical
4. May 03, 2024 - Medical uploaded
5. May 07, 2024 - Medical passed
6. June 03, 2024 - Invitation to 1st Interview
7. June 18, 2024 - Biometrics and document seizure.
8. June 18, 2024 - Work permit and Brown paper issued. The officers did not asked me any questions.

Awaiting the invitation to a hearing now from the IRB.

IRCC's Office - Kitchener

Reactions: amaniman

sugargaaar

Aug 21, 2024
Hi guys,

I recently received the invite to the eligibility interview. Can someone please tell me what happens at the eligibility interview? What kind of questions will they be asking?

Thank you so much.

shaz1983

Star Member
May 3, 2024
Hi guys,

I recently received the invite to the eligibility interview. Can someone please tell me what happens at the eligibility interview? What kind of questions will they be asking?

Thank you so much.
Your case will be referred to IRB and you will get the brown paper and your work permit. Biometrics. That's it they won't question you.

sugargaaar

Aug 21, 2024
Your case will be referred to IRB and you will get the brown paper and your work permit. Biometrics. That's it they won't question you.
My eligibility interview has been scheduled at 6900 Airport Road, Mississauga. Has anyone ever been interviewed here?

tasase

Star Member
Oct 9, 2023
My eligibility interview has been scheduled at 6900 Airport Road, Mississauga. Has anyone ever been interviewed here?
yes, they just ask you basic questions about what you submitted. Just remember the dates that you wrote about things like when you experience persecution and such.

kingsville

May 5, 2024
Omg it’s been too long, but I think it’s because of Quebec, I had a friend who waited for 2 years to get a hearing. I hope you get yours pretty soon. Where are you from?

I applied in September 2023 Montreal, I have gotten my work permit but no hearing date yet . I wanted to know if I move from Quebec to another province and update my address will that help to expedite my hearing date ?

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
I applied in September 2023 Montreal, I have gotten my work permit but no hearing date yet . I wanted to know if I move from Quebec to another province and update my address will that help to expedite my hearing date ?
The other provinces are faster when it comes to hearing dates. Buuuut the thing is moving your case from one province to another is a nightmare, your files can get lost, your officer can transfer everything so slow.

kingsville

May 5, 2024
The other provinces are faster when it comes to hearing dates. Buuuut the thing is moving your case from one province to another is a nightmare, your files can get lost, your officer can transfer everything so slow.

thank you , I just have to wait then .

Reactions: Gfr

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
Any suggestions for me, I’m going to claim asylum soon coming on a visitor visa
Go to vancouver or edmonton, get a legal aid lawyer but try all your options before you choose one. Write your narrative as a story, detailed but not too much.

tasase

Star Member
Oct 9, 2023
Any suggestions for me, I’m going to claim asylum soon coming on a visitor visa
From what I know, it is faster to submit after you get visitor visa and have time to get a lawyer than actually filing at the airport, once you get here.

Maan84

Mar 26, 2024
From what I know, it is faster to submit after you get visitor visa and have time to get a lawyer than actually filing at the airport, once you get here.
It’s a bit scary for me at the airport. I would like to go for it once I cleared immigration

Reactions: tasase