+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received visa approval email today

Vrunda Patel

Jul 17, 2020
hello guys, so i have applied from bangladesh via VFS global (paper application) on 16th of March for a study permit for may intake.
received biometrics and medical update on 17th of may and no update after that on my GC account portal.
last week i raised an webform inquiring about the latest status of my visa apllication, made post about that earlier. see link below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visa-update-through-webform.693722/

today i received an email stating "your application to study in Canada has now been approved in-principle" (see screenshot attached)
however, it also states that "Your application will be reviewed for a final assessment and your passport will be returned to you as soon as the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Bangladesh reopens."

i am a little confused about what exactly it means by "approved in-principle" and "Your application will be reviewed for a final assessment".
i guess what i am trying to understand is if it's approved by any means why does it require a final assessment? what will be that final assessment be based upon?
do leave your thoughts if possible.

PS: my gc portal still shows review of eligibility and background check being processed and still overdue a final decision.

Hey,
Could you please tell me who can submit the web form ? Only the one who submitted offline file ? Or online file person can also submit the web form ?

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Reactions: 2tit

Abouzar

Nov 4, 2017
Hi everyone. I am going to re-apply for Canada study permit for the seciond time. Should I make a new account or I should use my old account?