+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Cofca said:
Hi guys,

Whilst my PR is in the process, I applied for a Canadian Visitor Visa yesterday.

I assessed the PR process (at least for my applicastion) and thought it might a long time before I receive PPR.

I need to travel to Canada in August as I would be sitting for a professional course; part of the preparation in case I get the PR.

My question; Would it cause a problem? i.e. having the Visa application whilst the PR is being processed?
No. I've done it. I got PPR two weeks after I got my TRV. :) I entered Canada on the TRV and had my immigrant visa stamped at Ottawa, made my landing at a land border. Didn't encounter any issues or complications.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
bellaluna said:
No. I've done it. I got PPR two weeks after I got my TRV. :) I entered Canada on the TRV and had my immigrant visa stamped at Ottawa.
Thanks bellaluna,

Hilarious... they should have just returned your $100 TRV fee and send you a letter that your PPR is forthcoming..

My case is a little bit different though because my PR due date is Dec 2016... so I will definitely reap the benefit of my TRV..

hyd_girl

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2015
Doc's Request.
30-12-2015
Nomination.....
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
IELTS Request
24-11-2015 Submitted with Application
Hi friends,

I am on the verge of refusal for my ONIP Application. I have blindly trusted EE CRS calculator and selected my eligibility criteria as CEC (incorrectly) in my OINP application form.

Below are the complete details:

I worked more than one year in Canada between Aug 2012 and end of Sep 2013.

EE Profile created on : 31-Oct-2015 (EE Profile calculated CEC eligibility as 'Met')
PT interest letter : 6-Nov-2015 (EE Profile had been showing CEC eligibility as 'Met')
Appl package submitted : 24-Nov-2015 (EE Profile had been showing CEC eligibility as 'Met')

Acknowledgment received : 15-Dec-2015

Req to submit ECA : 31-Dec-2015

ECA report sent : 6-Jan-2016 (EE Profile updated CEC Not Met)

I realized the fact and sent a Letter to

Ontarionominee@ontario.ca with all these points and also requested in the mail that

"Please consider my application under FSW category because I am no more eligible now under CEC.

I request you to kindly let me know if I need to submit any application form for the same."

But I did not receive any kind of response to the mail though I did follow up twice to the email.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Today I have received a mail from Express Entry stating that : Procedural Fairness Request – Canadian Experience Class

"Your application does not provide

sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year (12 months) of cumulative, and

full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in part-time paid work

experience in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) 0, A, or B occupation in

Canada in the past three years from the date of PT Notification of Interest from Ontario.

Please note that the OINP calculates cumulative work experienced based on the date of

the PT Notification of Interest.

In your case, the Program issued the Notification of

Interest on November 6, 2015 and your work experience was assessed three

years prior as of of this date.

You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide additional information

or documentation to support that your application satisfies program criteria.

Should the program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your

application will be assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to

the refusal of your application.

Thank you for your application and your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee

Program."

Now I am not sure How to respond and I cannot provide CEC Documents as it is clear that i wasn't eligible at the time of the application.

Could you please help me and give your inputs on this.

Thank you in advance.

Below is the letter received from ONIP

Dear Sir/Madam:

RE: Procedural Fairness Request – Canadian Experience Class

Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)

under the Ontario Express Entry : Human Capital Priorities Stream received on

November 24, 2015. Your application and all supporting documentation submitted to

date have been reviewed.

Before a decision is made on your application, this letter is to provide you with a final

opportunity to submit information to support your eligibility for nomination.

If you choose to be assessed against the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) criteria, all

applicants must meet the following provincial criteria:

 A minimum of one year of cumulative and full-time employment (1,560 hours or

more) or an equal amount in part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B

occupation in Canada in the past three years from the date of the P/T Notification

of Interest from OINP.

 A Canadian Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree or an Educational Credential

Assessment (ECA) report produced by a designated organization indicating that

your foreign education is the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors, Masters or

PhD degree.

 A language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all

language competencies (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) in either

English or French.

Page 1 of 2

 Score a minimum of 400 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System in CIC’s

Express Entry system. Your score must remain at or above 400 during both the

Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent

residency processing stage.

 Possess sufficient funds and/or income to cover settlement costs in Ontario.

Funds must be unencumbered, readily transferable in a convertible currency, and

supported by bank statements.

 Intend to reside in Ontario, as demonstrated by a statement of intent and

indication of ties to Ontario.

The assessment of the information and documentation submitted in support of your

application indicates that some of the above criteria may not have been met, specifically

with respect to the work experience requirement. Your application does not provide

sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year (12 months) of cumulative, and

full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in part-time paid work

experience in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) 0, A, or B occupation in

Canada in the past three years from the date of PT Notification of Interest from Ontario.

Please note that the OINP calculates cumulative work experienced based on the date of

You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide additional information

Should the program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your

application will be assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to

Thank you for your application and your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee

Program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade

Government of Ontario

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
abdulqayyum said:
Hi Folks,

CIC requires me to provide Schedule A again, i have submitted it with following mistake, pls see whether it can cause any failure

a. i've lived in a city abc (my most resent place), still it is my current address
b. in previous form which i submitted at the time of PNP, the address was different (same city, but difference is building name, flat No.)
c. In recently submitted Schedule A form, the address is different than PNP form (same city, but difference is building name, Flat No.), however this is exactly same like as what i submitted in e-APR.

in other words, i tried to keep it as same as e-APR.

Do you think it may lead to any failure?
Can experts heed on answering this query please?

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
abdulqayyum said:
Can experts heed on answering this query please?
It may cause a problem if they can see your PNP application and if someone catches that.

Even if they catch. They will send you a procedural fairness letter.

Was there any reason to give two different addresses?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hyd_girl said:
Hi friends,

I am on the verge of refusal for my ONIP Application. I have blindly trusted EE CRS calculator and selected my eligibility criteria as CEC (incorrectly) in my OINP application form.

Below are the complete details:

I worked more than one year in Canada between Aug 2012 and end of Sep 2013.

EE Profile created on : 31-Oct-2015 (EE Profile calculated CEC eligibility as 'Met')
PT interest letter : 6-Nov-2015 (EE Profile had been showing CEC eligibility as 'Met')
Appl package submitted : 24-Nov-2015 (EE Profile had been showing CEC eligibility as 'Met')

Acknowledgment received : 15-Dec-2015

Req to submit ECA : 31-Dec-2015

ECA report sent : 6-Jan-2016 (EE Profile updated CEC Not Met)

I realized the fact and sent a Letter to

Ontarionominee@ontario.ca with all these points and also requested in the mail that

"Please consider my application under FSW category because I am no more eligible now under CEC.

I request you to kindly let me know if I need to submit any application form for the same."

But I did not receive any kind of response to the mail though I did follow up twice to the email.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Today I have received a mail from Express Entry stating that : Procedural Fairness Request – Canadian Experience Class

"Your application does not provide

Program."

Now I am not sure How to respond and I cannot provide CEC Documents as it is clear that i wasn't eligible at the time of the application.

Could you please help me and give your inputs on this.

Thank you in advance.

Below is the letter received from ONIP

Dear Sir/Madam:

RE: Procedural Fairness Request – Canadian Experience Class

Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)

under the Ontario Express Entry : Human Capital Priorities Stream received on

November 24, 2015. Your application and all supporting documentation submitted to

date have been reviewed.

Before a decision is made on your application, this letter is to provide you with a final

opportunity to submit information to support your eligibility for nomination.

If you choose to be assessed against the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) criteria, all

applicants must meet the following provincial criteria:

 A minimum of one year of cumulative and full-time employment (1,560 hours or

more) or an equal amount in part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B

occupation in Canada in the past three years from the date of the P/T Notification

of Interest from OINP.

 A Canadian Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree or an Educational Credential

Assessment (ECA) report produced by a designated organization indicating that

your foreign education is the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors, Masters or

PhD degree.

 A language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all

language competencies (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) in either

English or French.

Page 1 of 2

 Score a minimum of 400 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System in CIC’s

Express Entry system. Your score must remain at or above 400 during both the

Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent

residency processing stage.

 Possess sufficient funds and/or income to cover settlement costs in Ontario.

Funds must be unencumbered, readily transferable in a convertible currency, and

supported by bank statements.

 Intend to reside in Ontario, as demonstrated by a statement of intent and

indication of ties to Ontario.

The assessment of the information and documentation submitted in support of your

application indicates that some of the above criteria may not have been met, specifically

with respect to the work experience requirement. Your application does not provide

Program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade

Government of Ontario
I am very sorry for this situation that you are in. To be eligible under CEC, you must have at least one year of work experience in the past 3 years. So, your work experience is from August 2012 to September 2013 - a total of 13 months. When you got your PT in November 2015, the EE profile should have shown "Not eligible" because your 3 years would end in September 2015.

What might have happened is the EE profile would have calculated this experience based on the year alone. Since your work experience is frpom 2012, the system might have calculated it like this ---> 2015 - 2012 = 3. So, it might have shown that you meet the CEC criteria. In Jan 2016, it would have calculated the experience like this ---> 2016 - 2012 = 4 which is > 3 years and hence CEC would have been set to "Not Met".

The mistake is not entirely yours, so to speak - this was a calculation error made by the system. May be you could provide this explanation and raise a concern with IRCC too so that applicants who are in the queue don't get into such trouble. You cannot change the dates of your employment so all you do is try giving them this explanation that EE profile calculated the "years" based only on the "years" field and completely ignored the "month field".

Again, I am very sorry.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
coolhyd said:
It may cause a problem if they can see your PNP application and if someone catches that.

Even if they catch. They will send you a procedural fairness letter.

Was there any reason to give two different addresses?
actually, i was living in building-A at the time of PNP application, while submitting e-APR i had moved to building-B, and i used the latest address (didn't mention Building-A).

now, when i got request of schedule-A, i followed what i mentioned in e-APR. Also, i mentioned below note at the next page (after the last page of schedule A form). Do you think i should CSE, if yes, what reason may i mention over it?

"Please Note: In Previous Schedule A Background form, My UAE (Ajman) mailing address is different than what mentioned in this form. Actually initially i lived at a bed space in Ajman and i might have used that address.
Kindly consider the address which is mentioned in this form as final, i have been living in Ajman at this address for long as permanent address in UAE with my family"

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
abdulqayyum said:
actually, i was living in building-A at the time of PNP application, while submitting e-APR i had moved to building-B, and i used the latest address (didn't mention Building-A).

now, when i got request of schedule-A, i followed what i mentioned in e-APR. Also, i mentioned below note at the next page (after the last page of schedule A form). Do you think i should CSE, if yes, what reason may i mention over it?

"Please Note: In Previous Schedule A Background form, My UAE (Ajman) mailing address is different than what mentioned in this form. Actually initially i lived at a bed space in Ajman and i might have used that address.
Kindly consider the address which is mentioned in this form as final, i have been living in Ajman at this address for long as permanent address in UAE with my family"
or, i should CSE revised schedule-A form by breaking up my stay in this city in 2 addresses covering both addresses (of building A and B)

?

But it would be slightly different than e-APR?

u2c

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
Hi dear i am in a fix stituation. I got rejection for PR stating they were not satisfy with my work experience and Noc code duites doesnt match. I had submitted a affadavit and not letter from employer for duties and responsibilities fromindia. Now my boss is givign evrything on letter head. In the refusal letter cic has not given me any time limit to apply has just mentioned that the applciatuon is refuse i can apply at later date when i get more education or higher points.

Can i reapply again to Express entry with the right letter since my SINP is still valid. Can i get a revision from SINP with new express entry profile no and Vcalidation code. Please help...Apprecaite it..

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
u2c said:
Hi dear i am in a fix stituation. I got rejection for PR stating they were not satisfy with my work experience and Noc code duites doesnt match. I had submitted a affadavit and not letter from employer for duties and responsibilities fromindia. Now my boss is givign evrything on letter head. In the refusal letter cic has not given me any time limit to apply has just mentioned that the applciatuon is refuse i can apply at later date when i get more education or higher points.

Can i reapply again to Express entry with the right letter since my SINP is still valid. Can i get a revision from SINP with new express entry profile no and Vcalidation code. Please help...Apprecaite it..
What is your timeline. Was your R10 passed ?. Was your file at CPC Ottawa or at NDVO ?

Sep 20, 2015
Please help .... My PR application was refused second time.

Time line.
- September 2012 - Arrived to Canada with IEC program, received Open Work permit valid until Sep 23 2013
- October 2012 - started to work as a Lube tech in heavy duty shop.
- May 2013- received Work permit from Apprenticeship allowing me to work as Automotive service Technician under supervision. I had 1 year to pass Red Seal.
- June 2013 received positive LMO valid until August 28 2013. LMO stated that I have to apply for new Work permit before Aug 28 2013, so I did it.
- June 2013 - about 10 days later signed contract for permanent job as Automotive Service technician
- August 2013 new Work permit ( valid to Sep 2014) to work as Automotive service technician based on my job offer and permit from Apprenticeship,

-April 2014 passed my Red Seal as Automotive technician
- August 2014 received new Work permit for any employer as Automotive technician valid until Sep 2016. - This one was uploaded with new PR application as current valid WP.
- December 2014 passed my CELPIP, results received in Jan 2015

-Jan 2015 Invitation to apply for PR, the same night applied for PR
- March 2015 - request letter to resend my CELPIP
- April 2015 - PR refused. Found out myself the "not seasonal" word was missing in job offer letter and there was wording issue " XXXX. Inc offers me job as long as I will have a valid work permit".
- October 2015 - Job offer letter corrected, document as is new has new issuance date Oct 2015.

-Feb 2016 new invitation for PR received and applied the same night
- March 2016 Schedule A request
-June 2016 applied for Bridging Work Permit as my Work permit is valid until September
- june 2016 - 3 weeks later received positive BOWP, still waiting for mail. Permit is valid until June 2017.
-July 20 2016 PR refused

" While I note that your employer, XXXXX Inc., has made you an offer of a permanent job, I note you are
not in possession of a valid positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and
Social Development Canada. I also note that you are not currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B
job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment.
I note that LMIA # xxxxxxx was valid from 2013/02 to 2013/08.
I note your work permit valid from 2014/08/05 to 2016/09/24 was issued with an exemption from the
requirement of an LMIA in relation to the Province of Alberta Occupation-Specific Pilot Project –
OB 279-E.
I note that your application for permanent residence was made on 2016/02.
"

When I applied for work permit valid from 2014/08 to 2016/09 I had to upload my LMO as it was. There was no info It was an exemption.

"Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied
you possess a qualifying offer of arranged employment, as defined in Section 1 of the Ministerial
Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System"

Both and old from June 2013 and Oct 2015 job offer letters state that they offer me job as skilled worker under "NOC:7321", doesn't say "NOC:B".
And also I have a question if I can still work with my BOWP valid until June 2017 or I have to pack myself until end of my current work permit.
My employer did not applied for new LMIA as they did already for other 3 people in differnet branches and was refused even as just LMIA for PR purposes.
And before on CIC web site about LMIA exemption was mentioned that I don't need renew my LMIA after it expires if I still work for the same employer. Now the page is changed
and I can not find it. I think I have a print out of it in my documents. Since I started to work in Canada , it is the same employer since almost 4 years. Never quit or was layoff even for one day.....

Thank You

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
NotAnotherJonny said:
Both and old from June 2013 and Oct 2015 job offer letters state that they offer me job as skilled worker under "NOC:7321", doesn't say "NOC:B".
And also I have a question if I can still work with my BOWP valid until June 2017 or I have to pack myself until end of my current work permit.
My employer did not applied for new LMIA as they did already for other 3 people in differnet branches and was refused even as just LMIA for PR purposes.
And before on CIC web site about LMIA exemption was mentioned that I don't need renew my LMIA after it expires if I still work for the same employer. Now the page is changed
and I can not find it. I think I have a print out of it in my documents. Since I started to work in Canada , it is the same employer since almost 4 years. Never quit or was layoff even for one day.....

Thank You
Did you claim 600 points for LMIA as part of your EE profile?

Sep 20, 2015
Yes I did. I did not know that I need new LMIA for the same job I work in since the beginning. Specially when on CIC was mentioned that I dont need new LMIA if I work for the same employer.
Looks like The corrected job offer should be dated the same as the old one.

Also I will add that after first refusal I went to three different Immigration Office Consultants. Just One of them knew there was something wrong with job offer letter.
Before I applied second time, I've made a visit to another Consultant. Friend of a good friend. This person checked documents. I asked questions mostly about dates and it was ok.
Also I showed print out from CIC web site about LMIA exemption. This person was happy to see this as it perfectly cleared my situation. At this point there was nothing else
I could do just to apply. Person said I can do it my self or it can be done by their office for money. So I did it myself.....