+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
sand02 said:
Hi Aarti 21,

My Application was rejected today as the job offer didn't mention "non-seasonal and indeterminate" employment.I have LMO valid for 3 years from the date of issue. Can you please let me know what did you request in CSE to reopen the application and also did you submit a new offer letter with those particular words.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear that, what's NOC code for your job? When did you submit your PR application?

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
sand02 said:
2175-web developer.

ITA : JAN 31

APPLICATION SUBMITTED : FEB 23
Wow, they took so long to tell you this? That is brutal, I can only imagine your frustrations :( Go for CSE and I really hope CIC reopen your application and things are you get your PR soon. Are you applying from within Canada? What does your ECAS say?

sand02

Jul 13, 2015
ranjk89 said:
Wow, they took so long to tell you this? That is brutal, I can only imagine your frustrations :( Go for CSE and I really hope CIC reopen your application and things are you get your PR soon. Are you applying from within Canada? What does your ECAS say?
Thanks for saying that .

I applied within Canada .

Ecas: application received

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
sand02 said:
Thanks for saying that .

I applied within Canada .

Ecas: application received
Of course buddy, that's the least I can do. Do keep us all posted about your progress. Now I am worried about rejection, my PGWP is expires in August, I have applied for BOWP hopefully something works out.

If you don't mind can you share your time line with us, so it will be easy for everyone else to follow. Thanks :)

abeerinder

Feb 14, 2015
I got rejection on same on 30 June same day I made another profile and put the CSE I got the ita on 10july and next day I submitted the papers

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
abeerinder said:
I got rejection on same on 30 June same day I made another profile and put the CSE I got the ita on 10july and next day I submitted the papers
Sorry buddy, what is the reason for rejection? Can you share your timelines as well please?

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
abeerinder said:
Same job letter doesn't show permanent
I submitted my papers on 15 March and got refusal on
30 June
Oh wow, did you apply with LMIA whats your NOC code? When did you get your ITA?

cherryyyyy

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My offer of employment is the contract I signed before my probation. So it only stated the situation during probation. But my letter of employment and reference letter all stated my job is permanent, indeterminate and full time with hours and salary.

Is it sufficient ??? I'm very nervous now plz help!

Ashuani

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3/8/15
Med's Done....
3/8/15
Hello, my previous job reference letter says Contractual employee as it was a contract for 1 year but it later got extended..though the number of hours 42 per week are mentioned in the reference letter...is it OK as I am getting confused with the word CONTRATUAL written and not permanent...

Ceist

Jul 13, 2015
Hi all,

First off, this is a fantastic resource and thanks for the great work you're all putting in. It's making a real difference.

I'm about to submit my application under FSW and had a few quick questions before I submit (and potentially get refused!). I'm extremely cagey because I'm going through the process completely alone so would like to get you guys' opinion.

1) Regarding the date on employment reference letters that was discussed, do these need to be clearly typed or can they simply be noted in pen by the person signing the letter?

2) In 'Study and Languages' under 'Education History', I have included details of my high school diploma as it requests details of all secondary and post-secondary education. I did not have it assessed by WES because I have other higher forms of education. Do I need to attach a copy of the high school diploma itself? In the information box accompanying the 'Complete/full academic years' field, it says 'Supported by a final transcript' which is why I'm asking the question.

3) I'm due to start a new job next month, after I submit my application (not an LMIA). Should I disclose this in my letter of explanation or ignore it completely? I will likely be submitting an application for a bridging open work permit down the line where this information will be required so is there any harm in including a letter of explanation to describe my situation?

4) My original bachelors degree is in Latin so I have obtained a scanned English version from my University and attached both. Does this mean I don't need a sworn affadavit concerning translation?

If anyone is able to shed any light on the above, I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks!

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all:

How long did it take from the moment you know the refusal/cancellation to the day you received the official letter?

My ECAS updated Jun 30th with Decision Made, and on July 8th MyCIC said it was refused, and up until now, I received nothing, neither in my email associated with EE nor MyCIC. CIC call centre agent told me they sent one on July 7th, and it may delay 5 calendar days.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ceist said:
Hi all,

First off, this is a fantastic resource and thanks for the great work you're all putting in. It's making a real difference.

I'm about to submit my application under FSW and had a few quick questions before I submit (and potentially get refused!). I'm extremely cagey because I'm going through the process completely alone so would like to get you guys' opinion.

1) Regarding the date on employment reference letters that was discussed, do these need to be clearly typed or can they simply be noted in pen by the person signing the letter?

Preferably typed.

2) In 'Study and Languages' under 'Education History', I have included details of my high school diploma as it requests details of all secondary and post-secondary education. I did not have it assessed by WES because I have other higher forms of education. Do I need to attach a copy of the high school diploma itself? In the information box accompanying the 'Complete/full academic years' field, it says 'Supported by a final transcript' which is why I'm asking the question.

If you have a Bachelors degree and higher, start with Bachelors.

3) I'm due to start a new job next month, after I submit my application (not an LMIA). Should I disclose this in my letter of explanation or ignore it completely? I will likely be submitting an application for a bridging open work permit down the line where this information will be required so is there any harm in including a letter of explanation to describe my situation?

Any change in employment AFTER submitting your application makes no difference to your application except if it involves losing an LMIA positive job (not the case here) or moving to another country to take up an assignment (in which case, inform CIC about change in address). No harm in mentioning this 'future' change now itself or you can bring it up when applying for BOWP.

4) My original bachelors degree is in Latin so I have obtained a scanned English version from my University and attached both. Does this mean I don't need a sworn affadavit concerning translation?

Are these 'official' translated copies from your University? If that is the case, you don't need to upload the Latin version at all. If not, get the Latin originals translated and notarized as well.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=040&t=4

If anyone is able to shed any light on the above, I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks!

poohta

Feb 5, 2015
cherryyyyy said:
My offer of employment is the contract I signed before my probation. So it only stated the situation during probation. But my letter of employment and reference letter all stated my job is permanent, indeterminate and full time with hours and salary.

Is it sufficient ??? I'm very nervous now plz help!
I am in the same situation. The contrace I uploaded described the end date.