+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj19 said:
i am facing another problem right now and any help is appreciated. got PPR on 31 aug, right next day sent a CSE to new delhi VO informing them about wife's pregnancy. baby is due end of this month. i can't decide if i should send passports for visa stamping or wait. what will happen if we get our visa's issued before birth of the baby? how will we add baby to application? what is the usual time frame for getting a reply for CSE
Wait for their response, could take 2-10 days based on reported experiences. And there is no reason to worry - you can add changes to family composition at any point in time before you land in Canada.

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
Wait for their response, could take 2-10 days based on reported experiences. And there is no reason to worry - you can add changes to family composition at any point in time before you land in Canada.
thnks for the reply.

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
someone had the same problem as me and this is the reply they got from CSE
"Dear Applicant,
If you intend to travel to Canada after your child is born, you shouldn't collect your visas. They will be cancelled. After your child is born, will have to be added to your application and meet some immigration requirements."
what does this mean? i am dreading a response like this. they didn't specify if they are giving extended time to submit passports, passports not submitted in 30 days lead to rejection. and what about visa being cancelled, does that mean case will be rejected?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj19 said:
someone had the same problem as me and this is the reply they got from CSE
"Dear Applicant,
If you intend to travel to Canada after your child is born, you shouldn't collect your visas. They will be cancelled. After your child is born, will have to be added to your application and meet some immigration requirements."
what does this mean? i am dreading a response like this. they didn't specify if they are giving extended time to submit passports, passports not submitted in 30 days lead to rejection. and what about visa being cancelled, does that mean case will be rejected?
I'm not sure what their case involved but I'm quoting straight from the CIC site --->http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether accompanying or non-accompanying. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform CIC immediately if their family composition has changed, i.e., birth of a child, marriage, divorce, etc.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
After DM but before PPR, multiple examples so far.

After PPR, none reported so far under EE. It is possible to be denied entry or have the PR revoked but all of that is extremely unlikely if you are just another regular applicant with no skeletons in the closet.
My friend asked an immigration lawyer in Canada about the significance of PPR and this is what the lawyer had to say:

???

"A PPR is very good news and means the reviewing officer is satisfied. That being said, the decision is not final until the visa is issued."

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
My friend asked an immigration lawyer in Canada about the significance of PPR and this is what the lawyer had to say:

???

"A PPR is very good news and means the reviewing officer is satisfied. That being said, the decision is not final until the visa is issued."
Like I said, unlikely to be cancelled after PPR but that's not an iron clad guarantee (like everything else in life except death and taxes).

Reactions: LC2017

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
I'm not sure what their case involved but I'm quoting straight from the CIC site --->http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
Thanks that is helpful. Just one more query, with the CSE I attached medical reports of wife( dr prescription and ultrasound) but in those documents wife's surname is missing but its present in her passport.dont know how i overlooked it, would it be a problem?

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see a lot of people were rejected for the same eMedical reason lately..
I think I must have been the first one.

I sent a CSE on the same day but still no reply. Anyone had any reply from them ??
I wonder if they will reopen our cases as this clearly is not our mistake, or the mistake of the pane doctors that did the exam - which I thought it was up untill now..

fingers crossed...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj19 said:
Thanks that is helpful. Just one more query, with the CSE I attached medical reports of wife( dr prescription and ultrasound) but in those documents wife's surname is missing but its present in her passport.dont know how i overlooked it, would it be a problem?
Unlikely to be a problem.

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hi Asivad
I saw in some threads we report must be express entry specific.
My report does nt have any IMM numberz in reference numbers.
Is it going to be rejected? Do I need to request new number

My reference number is *******/ab.
Pls do help... I got wes assesment in Feb 2015.
Thanks

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Hi experts,

3 questions:

- When I submitted my PR application I forgot to include my T4 in employment records. I had included letter from HRs, contracts, pay stubs, NOA but no T4. Will that be a cause for rejection? Should I submit a CSE?

- I uploaded my canadian child´s birth certificate as a proof of status. Is that enough to proof he is Canadian? Should I submit a CSE?

- My medical status is set as passed on mycic. Is there any possibility that would change? I was treated for TB a long time ago and I disclosed it the to PP in the medical exam along with the paperwork. The panel physician seemed satisfied but said that CIC doctor my want further tests. I have not gotten any call or letter so far for further test. Does it mean I already passed the medical exam and do not need to worry about it?

Here is my timeline

July 17 - ITA
August 12 - Medicals done
August 24 - eAPR + AOR
August 28 - Medicals passed (mycic)
August 28 - ECAS access in process (3 lines)

Best of luck to everyone.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Oka said:
Hi Asivad
I saw in some threads we report must be express entry specific.
My report does nt have any IMM numberz in reference numbers.
Is it going to be rejected? Do I need to request new number

My reference number is *******/ab.
Pls do help... I got wes assesment in Feb 2015.
Thanks

My report too don't have any IMM numbers , but when i had ordered it for FSW 2014 in Nov. They said its accessible electronically by CIC.

Is it a new rule?

Do i need to order a new one ?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aru_nj said:
My report too don't have any IMM numbers , but when i had ordered it for FSW 2014 in Nov. They said its accessible electronically by CIC.

Is it a new rule?

Do i need to order a new one ?
I would call them to be sure. I had to get a new one, but the old one I had was for a 2014 CEC application, and they did link that to why it was not electronically accessible by CIC, saying something about how they had told us in 2014 it wouldn't be good for FSW. If you got it from WES, they seem to be very good about issuing new ones where needed. We got it from ICAS, and they initially told us it would take 20 weeks for the new one, but after some frantic calling and emailing, they cut it down to 3 weeks.

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
canadiensedream2015 said:
Hi experts,

3 questions:

- When I submitted my PR application I forgot to include my T4 in employment records. I had included letter from HRs, contracts, pay stubs, NOA but no T4. Will that be a cause for rejection? Should I submit a CSE?

- I uploaded my canadian child´s birth certificate as a proof of status. Is that enough to proof he is Canadian? Should I submit a CSE?

- My medical status is set as passed on mycic. Is there any possibility that would change? I was treated for TB a long time ago and I disclosed it the to PP in the medical exam along with the paperwork. The panel physician seemed satisfied but said that CIC doctor my want further tests. I have not gotten any call or letter so far for further test. Does it mean I already passed the medical exam and do not need to worry about it?

Here is my timeline

July 17 - ITA
August 12 - Medicals done
August 24 - eAPR + AOR
August 28 - Medicals passed (mycic)
August 28 - ECAS access in process (3 lines)

Best of luck to everyone.
anyone?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiensedream2015 said:
Your child's birth certificate is fine. And I suspect you did enough for your job - if they want your T4 they'll ask for it. More important is that your HR letter give all the details CIC asked for. The rest is just supporting evidence and not really necessary.

No one can tell you about your medical. That it's set to passed is a good sign, but a few people have had it change back from there. Active TB is one of the things they really want to make sure you don't bring to Canada with you, so if they are convinced that yours is inactive, you're good, and otherwise they'll want more tests. I wouldn't worry at all, as there is nothing you can do, and you know that you are not carrying active TB.