Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
nat29 said:
Why? I am European too. Its not so bad back home. You really have to live and see it here to compare. Obviousely, it depends on where in Europe you live too. I still miss home badly and would prefer living in Europe than in Canada if I had a personal choice. Though, I love Canada so dearly! But saying that, if it wouldnt be for my honey who lives here, I would be on the first plain flying back home tomorrow!
Oh.... I hope I won't feel quite the same way. :-( I really do love Canada and felt a connection from the very first day I visited, but I'm only leaving Europe to be with my boyfriend and I know I will miss it... but hopefully not too much!

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. Cannot be reopened as they won't accept any further evidence now even if it is not 'new' evidence but just a bunch of supporting documents that validate my earlier assertion. It's arbitrary - another officer might have requested for additional documents. Waiting for an ITA now.
Well, you will get another ITA very likely.

The onus is on the applicant to include all relevant information to evaluate. Therefore, CIC officers can reject based on reason of insufficient evidence of their choice. I learnt my lesson and thus I tend to include tangential materials so that they cannot reject.

Salseiro

Mar 12, 2015
dobes said:
Then no need to mention it. Sorry for your loss, though.
Thanks and thanks. I still think it wouldn't hurt to give them notice of that, just to be on the safe side, since the person was a Canadian citizen and their passing is likely to be entered in the relevant records and may come up during the background check. I will probably address this matter to the local consulate, since their feedback has been far more comprehensive and useful than that coming from the CIC call center, however nice and sweet their employees are, and CIC itself.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nat29 said:
Why? I am European too. Its not so bad back home. You really have to live and see it here to compare. Obviousely, it depends on where in Europe you live too. I still miss home badly and would prefer living in Europe than in Canada if my circumstances would be different. Canada is lovely and I love it so dearly! But saying that, if it wouldnt be for my honey who lives here and doesn't want to leave Canada, I would be on the first plane flying back home to Europe tomorrow!
yes.. europe is really different depending on where you are from. I am from Croatia,.. the only slightly stable economy that is closest to me is Germany and most of the people I know tend to go there to settle. however, with the amount of refugees germany is accepting at the moment, it is a matter of time before the economy and labor market feels the negative impact.
other countries in the vicinity are not worth living in... I livied in UK for 5 years and this was ok,.. however, UK labor market since then has changed for the worst ( I left in 2006 )

but., this is my own opinion and has little to do with this topic., so I will not writte about it any more :)

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've lived and studied in the UK. It's a lovely place but it was almost impossible to be able to reside there with a non-EU passport.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
yes.. europe is really different depending on where you are from. I am from Croatia,.. the only slightly stable economy that is closest to me is Germany and most of the people I know tend to go there to settle. however, with the amount of refugees germany is accepting at the moment, it is a matter of time before the economy and labor market feels the negative impact.
other countries in the vicinity are not worth living in... I livied in UK for 5 years and this was ok,.. however, UK labor market since then has changed for the worst ( I left in 2006 )

but., this is my own opinion and has little to do with this topic., so I will not writte about it any more :)
100% agree with you

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
nat29 said:
My application got rejected on the 2nd of July, more than 2 months ago. I have re-applied since then, payed the fees for the second time. Never received a refund for the first application though, still waiting...
Same here..my app too..status says REFUSED. Called cic enquire about refund and they say I have to wait until 16 weeks for refund...

abeerinder

Feb 14, 2015
nat29 said:
I had to wait for 2 months and 1 week to get a refund. So, have patience and you will get it eventually!
[/quote
Hi
May I know that they refund whole fee or they deduct some as I paid 2230 dollars
Thanks

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abeerinder said:
[/quote ]
Hi
May I know that they refund whole fee or they deduct some as I paid 2230 dollars
Thanks
It depends upon your situation;

If VO has taken your application under consideration and started analyzing your eligibility and he doesn't get satisfied with your provided document; he would refuse without checking the other documents; In such case it would be a refusal and your application processing fee will not be refunded as he started working on it;
only RPRF will be refunded if you submitted that as well at the time of application submission

while

If you are less on a document count and still submitted the application; then your application would be considered as "incomplete" and will be rejected; In such case your application fee will be refunded and RPRF too (If you if you submitted that as well at the time of application submission) :)

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
abeerinder said:
Hi
Thanks
Whether it is a full refund or not, it will be indicated in a clear manner in the letter of rejection/refusal (or whatever it is called) which you receive in your mycic account.

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
I need a specific opinion here...

As you can see in my status at the left side, i'm just waiting for the next update.

However, I noticed something lacking in my submitted docs.

In the personal history portion, I attached supporting documents like employment letters from some of my previous jobs. But i forgot to include the employment letter I had in the Middle East. Note that these were not declared as valid work experience to obtain enough points for ITA.

Although I have a police certificate (UAE) which I also submitted upfront. As i was a previous resident feom the said country.

Hope you can all enlighten me.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If thats something you're claiming points for then you would rather be better off sending a CSE(case specific enquirey) with the relevant documents.
If not, I wouldnt worry about it. However, you must also seek for a more senior opinion.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gabbana said:
I need a specific opinion here...

As you can see in my status at the left side, i'm just waiting for the next update.

However, I noticed something lacking in my submitted docs.

In the personal history portion, I attached supporting documents like employment letters from some of my previous jobs. But i forgot to include the employment letter I had in the Middle East. Note that these were not declared as valid work experience to obtain enough points for ITA.

Although I have a police certificate (UAE) which I also submitted upfront. As i was a previous resident feom the said country.

Hope you can all enlighten me.
Since you didn't obtain points for it you're fine.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was refused on 21st August and it was written in the letter that I wouldn't be refunded my application fee but RPRF which I paid as an advance ? I would like to inquire in which medium do they refund as ? do they send us check via postal mail? or make draft and do the same ? at most how much is required to obtain a refund ?

responses be highly appreciated :)