+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Really confused!!!!!

Canary

Mar 12, 2009
Can please someone clarify this Immigrant Summary Form for me. It has a principle applicant column then a Spouse column, then it asks you to duplicate the form for everyone over 18, but the information will be exactly the same.

So, do I just basically redo another form exactly the same for my husband or does my husband become the principle applicant and me the spouse on the next his form?

Seriously this form is really not clear at all and its really fustrating. Please can someone help me.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canary said:
Can please someone clarify this Immigrant Summary Form for me. It has a principle applicant column then a Spouse column, then it asks you to duplicate the form for everyone over 18, but the information will be exactly the same.

So, do I just basically redo another form exactly the same for my husband or does my husband become the principle applicant and me the spouse on the next his form?

Seriously this form is really not clear at all and its really fustrating. Please can someone help me.

Thank you.
You should read the instructions again. You complete one as the applicant, with your husband as spouse, and he completes one with you as spouse. As you can see the parents would then be different,as well as brothers and sisters right? If a dependent completed (over 18) then s/he would be the applicant, you would show as parents.

PMM

Canary

Mar 12, 2009
Thank you PMM for your reply but this is not the form Im talking about. My Spouse has to fill in the Background Declaration and the Additional family information forms, that he has done.

There are two other forms called the Immigrant Summary Form and the Pernonal Net Worth.

The Immigrant Summary Form is the confusing one. This form specifies Principle Applicant and Spouse, thats ok when I fill in the form because I am the principle applicant, but when he fills it in, does he become the principle applicant. It does not make sense. The Additional Family Information form just has Applicant written which is clearer, because we can both be Applicants, but both of us cant be principle applicants. Do you see why im confused?

I think you can get them on the following link under Permanent Residence, Skilled workers.

http://www.dfait.gc.ca/missions/unitedkingdom-royaumeuni/visas/forms-formulaires-eng.asp

Please can you look at this link and help me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canary said:
Thank you PMM for your reply but this is not the form Im talking about. My Spouse has to fill in the Background Declaration and the Additional family information forms, that he has done.

There are two other forms called the Immigrant Summary Form and the Pernonal Net Worth.

The Immigrant Summary Form is the confusing one. This form specifies Principle Applicant and Spouse, thats ok when I fill in the form because I am the principle applicant, but when he fills it in, does he become the principle applicant. It does not make sense. The Additional Family Information form just has Applicant written which is clearer, because we can both be Applicants, but both of us cant be principle applicants. Do you see why im confused?

I think you can get them on the following link under Permanent Residence, Skilled workers.

http://www.dfait.gc.ca/missions/unitedkingdom-royaumeuni/visas/forms-formulaires-eng.asp

Please can you look at this link and help me.
No, on that form IMMIGRANT SUMMARY FORM he completes as spouse and you as principle just photocopy it so you have 2 copies.

PMM

Canary

Mar 12, 2009
ok thanks for that PMM, just one more thing, where it says dependants, is that children over 18 or younger?

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canary said:
ok thanks for that PMM, just one more thing, where it says dependants, is that children over 18 or younger?

thanks
All children under 22 included in the application whether accompanying or not.

PMM