Reached Toronto -5th May

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Salman

Good to hear from you. I hope it turns out good for you, even if it is taking time

I sure will touch base with you if I need any help.

Keep in touch

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Ankit

anything new from you Ankit?
We got the same NOC and your posts are important for all IT guys here in this forum.
Do you see any difference in job searching and other stuffs than what you saw in the US?
Nothing much jnathan. As you know it has been just a week since I arrived. Once again my gut feeling is that IT job market is good, indeed better than any other domain. Also skills are transferable from any other country as IT is same eveywhere

Is Java or C/C++ code any different around the world
IS programing logic any different
Is linux, windows admin diffirent in Canada than rest of the world
Some body who knows IT best practices, CMMI, ITIL etc will do things differently in singapore and in Canada
Is PMP different in different countries

So point I am making is IT skills are same across the board. So technically IT guys are already job ready at leat ones from India and other countries where IT maket is mature. e.g some one from Ukraine ( I am just using any country's name, no offence meant) working in data ware housing may not have cognos or informatica knowlege, some one working in QA may not have clue about QTP but in mature IT markets these tools are common. Most of us work for customers in US and Europe and know how to handle customers. So again People from Mature IT markets are technially job ready for Canada.

Issue is Soft skills, English, customer and situation handling. If some one prepares well, there are good chance of fonding a job in first 3 months is what I would guess.
So hoping for the best and assuring rest of you in IT, that if you know your job well and have good soft skills it is not that tough as it may be for other professions prepare well and give it your best shot and keep praying

vermajagdish

Feb 2, 2011
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Nov-2009
File Transfer...
17-Feb-2010
Med's Request
14-Dec-2010
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-Jan-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2011
LANDED..........
03-05-2011
Sorry for being absent from the forum for long time. Yes friends I agree with Ankit. I landed on 3rd -May and have been able to give 2 interviews and another one is scheduled so market seems to be very favrouable and inviting. I hope we should be able to get a job very soon.

I had a Insurance BA/PM experience in IT backhome and getting most of the calls from Insurance and banking domains as BA and PM positions. So I don't think we need to much worried about changing any field or domain in Canada. Lets hope for the best.

Regards,
Jagdish

ankit_20 said:
Guys just to give you an quick update on job market

I am living with a new immigrant who landed from india on 3rd May and is member of forum and he had 2 interviews already since landing and one of them looks to be going in right direction

There is another one, again member of the forum, who has an interview today.

There is another one, who has an interview this week and this lady is not on the forum

I myself am getting few interview calls, hope fully by early next week will have more detais

So my gut feeling is if you are preparaed and have skills it may not be that tough to find job. These are early days for me and I may change opinion if I have to go through some rejections but as of now I will say to all people worried about jobs here that it does not look bad at all. You need to give your self some time though like 2-3 months.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Are yuo guys getting interview calls having no Canadian Degrees?
I believe good US Accent and understanding of the contemporary tech field comes first when selection takes place.

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
ankit ,Jagdish Varma
all the best man

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/05/12/f-video-amanda-lang-immigrants-recession.html

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Are yuo guys getting interview calls having no Canadian Degrees?
I believe good US Accent and understanding of the contemporary tech field comes first when selection takes place.
Yes W/o Canadian Degrees

Not US accent but clear communication and good spoken english helps. Good soft skills and answering situational questions sure helps

Raj04

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10, CC charged on 20-10-10
Doc's Request.
Sent with the Application...
AOR Received.
PER: 09-02-11 , 2nd AOR: 08-03-11
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application...
File Transfer...
03-03-11 to visa office
Med's Request
21-03-11
Med's Done....
26-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-03-11, Passport Sent : 22-04-11 RPRF encash date: 04-05-11 E-Cas Status: Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 17, 2011. Medical results have been received - " Decision Made"
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-11
LANDED..........
August'11
Hey Jagdish..

I have a similar exposure in Insurance Domain... Things are looking promising after reading your post... Hope I'll also land in domain job as soon as I land in Canada... I had planned to come their by August 2011.

Rgds,Raj.

vermajagdish said:
Sorry for being absent from the forum for long time. Yes friends I agree with Ankit. I landed on 3rd -May and have been able to give 2 interviews and another one is scheduled so market seems to be very favrouable and inviting. I hope we should be able to get a job very soon.

I had a Insurance BA/PM experience in IT backhome and getting most of the calls from Insurance and banking domains as BA and PM positions. So I don't think we need to much worried about changing any field or domain in Canada. Lets hope for the best.

Regards,
Jagdish

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
ankit_20 said:
Yes W/o Canadian Degrees

Not US accent but clear communication and good spoken english helps. Good soft skills and answering situational questions sure helps
Thanks buddy for all ur updates and posts which are really helpful

Good luck always and God bless

Let all ur wishes come tru :D

Biju

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Reached Toronto -5th May- Got Job 13th May

Guys good news is that I got a job offer today

It is in my field, same designation where i left in India. This is a permanent job
Today is 6th working day after I landed

I also had another interview today in my field, same designation, again permanent job
I have another one on Monday, this is a contract job but same field and same designation.

This may not be average time to find jobs in Canada but as I have been saying since I landed that IT job market is good and if u have good communication and soft skills and prepare for interview well, it is not hard to find job

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Re: Reached Toronto -5th May- Got Job 13th May

Awesome...great news...I'm happy for you Ankit. Wish you great luck in this job.

Thanks again for sharing this experience.

Cheers

ankit_20 said:
Guys good news is that I got a job offer today

It is in my field, same designation where i left in India. This is a permanent job
Today is 6th working day after I landed

I also had another interview today in my field, same designation, again permanent job
I have another one on Monday, this is a contract job but same field and same designation.

This may not be average time to find jobs in Canada but as I have been saying since I landed that IT job market is good and if u have good communication and soft skills and prepare for interview well, it is not hard to find job

S

shibuya

I am currently in Canada. Visited many places . The weather is really superb as well as folks around. Its a bit COSTLY place compared to Dubai. I took the subway From Don Mills and WENT up till BAY . The Train ride was really good since anywhere u step in its not crowded.

I will put my whole experience later.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibuya said:
I am currently in Canada. Visited many places . The weather is really superb as well as folks around. Its a bit COSTLY place compared to Dubai. I took the subway From Don Mills and WENT up till BAY . The Train ride was really good since anywhere u step in its not crowded.

I will put my whole experience later.
Welcome to Canada

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
hey ankit
all the best man
enjoy weekend

twenty

May 16, 2010
ankit_20 said:
Finally Reached Toronto on 5th May 2011. Took the long route through Hong Kong using Cathay Pacific Airlines. I travelled alone without my family and plan to get them here after suitable accommodation etc is arranged.

Arrived at Pearson International airport at 1 PM. There was not much of crowd at the airport. First went though preliminary immigration (Customs) and then was directed to immigration counter. For this stage you need to fill in the custom form which is given in the flight. Form has details like name, address, DoB, flight no. and declarations regarding what u r bringing into Canada.

At immigration counter the COPR was checked and I was asked about total funds that I was carrying including the one that I already transferred to Canada via Scotia bank. I told the officer and offered to show get the proof and she said it is ok and did not see the proof. She verified COPR details from Passport took my Canada address and stapled the copy of COPR to m passport and welcomed me to Canada. I was directed to the welcome area for new immigrants. There two kind ladies greeted me with the smile gave me a bag and bunch of material and was asked to collect the baggage and move to customs for checking. I was also told this is the place where I should declare good to follow list. To help you with the luggage there are porters. You can politely decline their services and use trolleys if you choose to do so. You need 2 CAD for trolleys. CAD 1, 2 and 5 denominations are accepted for trolleys.

At customs I shared the B4, xls sheet backing B4 and photos. This is same as published on forum many times. The officer was impressed and said her job was done by me already. She called other officer and showed him the paper work and asked him to give me form 15 and stamped copy of B4A. She did not check my baggage at all. Rest all guys around me were asked to open the baggage and get it checked. So there I was out of immigration and at the arrival lobby of the Airport.

Here I needed to make some local phone calls. Calls cost you 50 cents and if you do not have 50 cents, you do not get the change back. I wasted a dollar because of that 

I did my advance booking in safe home stay along with the airport pick up, so got the pickup and reached the guest house. Was feeling little low to be alone in new country. It is a challenge to land without any job, it sure is and it tells on mind. I pepped myself up, went to nearby mall had my lunch cum dinner and bought a chat-r phone connection for CAD 56 (10 for SIM Card+35 for plan+ takes) it gives me unlimited incoming and outgoing across Canada for a month w/o contract and now am writing this.

Next steps – Get some sleep, apply for the SIN, get the Bank account activated and start the job search........

can any one of you immigrant help me , how much experience did you guys have ? how much did u score on the online assessment ? any one in construction are hospitality ? pleas help