Status
Not open for further replies.

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What do they do during the visit? What's the point of coming to your house and going to your neighbors?
Verify that the applicant really lives at that address and neighbours act as a witness. They ask a couple of questions about any criminal records, sometimes verify employment. Depends on the day

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Verify that the applicant really lives at that address and neighbours act as a witness. They ask a couple of questions about any criminal records, sometimes verify employment. Depends on the day
Oh wow! That stuff doesn't sound like it's part of a criminality check though, so I find this interesting. The South African PCC goes straight from the police to the EE profile, and it basically documents whether you a criminal record in this country. That's it.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Oh wow! That stuff doesn't sound like it's part of a criminality check though, so I find this interesting. The South African PCC goes straight from the police to the EE profile, and it basically documents whether you a criminal record in this country. That's it.
PCC in India is also the same, I think the police verification mainly happens to verify the address that is mentioned in the passport is same as your current adress. If there is anything criminal on your record, it will be reflected in the PCC.

I also needed PCC from UAE, got it within 2 hours of applying which was neat.

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
if no draw this year, time to get ready again for ~ 473 draws.
I am sure that will get levelled out pretty soon if 5000 become a norm unless there are more changes to awarding points for French or Canadian experience, Degree etc..

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
there can be a draw tomorrow or next week.
Most likely there will be a draw between tomorrow and next week. I also think that 5K will be the minimum draws every 2 weeks which will further push the CRS scores downwards. There is also scope for an increase in ITA's issued. Why? Not many people mention this but if you look at the statistics, in 2019 for example, about 28% of profiles were deemed to be "ineligible", meaning that these people received an ITA but somewhere along the line, they either didn't provide correct documentation or they didn't meet certain criteria etc. That translates to about 93K profiles which is significant. In 2018, this was 30% and in 2018 this was 35%.

rajatmb04

Jul 6, 2020
I think recent Ontario tech draw selected folks from 460-468, if express entry draw would have happened today or yesterday then scores would surely go low and it may cannibalize ontario draw

• Wow
Reactions: Teenkatigda
Status
Not open for further replies.