+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensation80

May 16, 2020
Guys calm down
This was an exceptional draw because of french speaking candidates. Even the ones at 448 got selected as they jumped to 478

A huge percentage of express entry invites im guessing more than 65 percent is taken up by indian and chinese nationals and they are not proficient at french. This number will surely come down and stabilize in the early 470s.
Those with 460s should now seriously consider French to boost up their chances.

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Guys calm down
This was an exceptional draw because of french speaking candidates. Even the ones at 448 got selected as they jumped to 478

A huge percentage of express entry invites im guessing more than 65 percent is taken up by indian and chinese nationals and they are not proficient at french. This number will surely come down and stabilize in the early 470s.
Those with 460s should now seriously consider French to boost up their chances.
No those at 448 got to 468 it's only a 20pt increase from normal score with both french anf english tests. And 10pt increase if only french test.
Your point is still valid though, just wanted to clarify.

Reactions: omersalam

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
dude learn french or study in Canada. That is the message here. Everybody intending to immigrate to Canada will try to learn at least basic French to gain additional points. I think points will hover around 480 and 490 next year because of French
Go ahead and study the French or enjoy your time in Canada earning a degree. It’s fine. You don’t have to keep dropping all over repeating the same facts even when people have politely told you that’s not how it works.

Reactions: Emman O.

m.q.z90

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
By looking at the Pool size right now.. If (In Sha Allah) there is a B2B draw on Wednesday 11th Nov, i think there is a chance of the score dropping to 470.. Given that all above 478 are gone, it leaves 2448 ppl from 471-478 range.. and if 2000 ppl enter the pool with scores above 471, a draw of 4500 can clear them all..
That's just my calculation.. I hope a B2B happens...

anakin23

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Go ahead and study the French or enjoy your time in Canada earning a degree. It’s fine. You don’t have to keep dropping all over repeating the same facts even when people have politely told you that’s not how it works.
first of all it is not people it is you who say it is not how it works. So tell me how does it work?

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
As per current pool data, out of 3700 ppl in 471-480, only 500 were there at 478-480. Means, the competition is really strong at early 470s

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
I was expecting the score to go up but 478 is okay. Hopefully this clears up all the French folks. They just need to keep doing FSW draws on a consistent basis and the score will come down. It's improbable for 4500 French speaking profiles to enter the pool every 2 weeks. plus, this draw had the double whammy of French score boost plus the Ontario nomination from yesterday.

I just realized that the tie breaker is now on Oct 26th. I submitted my profile on Oct 19th, so I'll get the invite the moment the cutoff hits 470 since my profile should clear the tie breaker. Am I correct in this assumption?

Last edited:

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
I was expecting the score to go up but 478 is okay. Hopefully this clears up all the French folks. They just need to keep doing FSW draws on a consistent basis and the score will come down. It's improbable for 4500 French speaking profiles to enter the pool every 2 weeks. plus, this draw had the double whammy of French score boost plus the Ontario nomination from yesterday.

I just realized that the tie breaker is now on Oct 26th. I submitted my profile on Oct 19th, so I'll get the invite the moment the cutoff hits 470 since my profile should clear the tie breaker. Am I correct in this assumption?
Wouldn't the cut-off date change with the score? Like they needed 4500 and they saw 478 as the ideal score for it and then October 26 was selected as a cut-off to select the 4500? I'd assume it would go further back if the score goes down.

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
474 here. Hoping there is a b2b next week. Fingers crossed. If not, I'd feel so bad for not trying an alternative to WES for my ECA. I lost 7 points because of my dual degree evaluation. I heard IQAS is a bit more lenient.

Reactions: kolkata2019

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Wouldn't the cut-off date change with the score? Like they needed 4500 and they saw 478 as the ideal score for it and then October 26 was selected as a cut-off to select the 4500? I'd assume it would go further back if the score goes down.
I don't think they pick the ideal score or date. They know they want 4500 in the draw so the algorithm picks the 4500 highest scoring profile and the score of the last profile becomes the cutoff. So anyone with a score higher than last profile gets picked. I'm not sure how the tie breaker is calculated.

If they actually pick the cut off score, then everyone's at the mercy of the picker's whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.