+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
In 2019, several bilingual candidates were stuck at 450-460. A 20 point boost would be enough for them to get through. And by the time bilinguals and Pnps clear out, a new batch of bilinguals would be ready to join the pool.
Hmmm that’s true. If these people have CLB 7 all through, that means today CRS will go up. But if they are not much it won’t reflect much.
But we will now know the new score distribution by the end of today.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
In 2019, several bilingual candidates were stuck at 450-460. A 20 point boost would be enough for them to get through. And by the time bilinguals and Pnps clear out, a new batch of bilinguals would be ready to join the pool.
Come to think of it, these people should have gotten PNP invite From novascotia and Ontario if they have CLB 7 :

Ontario issued invitations to bilingual Express Entry candidates
This is the largest FSSW draw of the year so far, with 307 Notifications of Interest (NOIs). The first draw of its kind this year, held on January 9, invited 242 bilingual candidates.

Last edited:

Sweetyblaise

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Come to think of it these people should have gotten PNP invite From novascotia and Ontario

Ontario issued invitations to bilingual Express Entry candidates on April 30.
The selected candidates may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker (FSSW) stream.
This is the largest FSSW draw of the year so far, with 307 Notifications of Interest (NOIs). The first draw of its kind this year, held on January 9, invited 242 bilingual candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.
I know you really want an ITA, everybody does. But prepare for the worst so you don't get disappointed. I know it's disheartening, but there's nothing we can do.

Reactions: jrossi

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I didn’t get any increase. I only have clb 7 in 3 competencies in TEF . My writing was less than CLB 7

But with my 471, am hopeful. My birthday doesn’t come until 31st of December.
Today will be your day. Don't worry too much :)

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
This is a very interesting (and nice) change I think. Getting CLB 7 in French is a very doable, fun and productive project. I hope it helps a lot of people move to 480+ points and to an ITA.

Reactions: orwell46 and jrossi

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
The point is: how can someone with the bilingual bonus score only 460?
I'm over 30, no masters, no Canadian education, no Canadian experience, and I got 508 by having the bilingual bonus.
That's my whole point: the number of candidates who had the bonus before and were not already above 480 is probably VERY SMALL (like, I'm probably talking about less than 50 people).

Reactions: orwell46

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Is it correct to interpret that the bonus for those candidates who score clb 7 in all 4 areas now stands at 50 from the earlier 30 points? So one can now score 12 + 50 = 62 instead of 12 + 30 = 42?
Yep, or even more. I got CLB9 from the Reading section for example, so I got 15 points from the test and 30 points form the bonus. On my case, I would now get 65 (50 + 15) extra points due to french knowledge.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
The point is: how can someone with the bilingual bonus score only 460?
I'm over 30, no masters, no Canadian education, no Canadian experience, and I got 508 by having the bilingual bonus.
That's my whole point: the number of candidates who had the bonus before and were not already above 480 is probably VERY SMALL (like, I'm probably talking about less than 50 people).
I believe they only hold a bachelor's degree? And probably with accompanied partners.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
This is a very interesting (and nice) change I think. Getting CLB 7 in French is a very doable, fun and productive project. I hope it helps a lot of people move to 480+ points and to an ITA.
Besides that, French could also be an asset for your profile while looking for a job in Canada. It's not only an EE thing. The reason why IRCC is giving you extra points is because people who knows both french + english are more likely to get jobs as well.

Reactions: ns317
Status
Not open for further replies.