+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 90th Draw

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all please does WES evaluate a 3 months certificate programme done online?This is a certificate programme done after Bachelors degree.

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hi all please does WES evaluate a 3 months certificate programme done online?This is a certificate programme done after Bachelors degree.
What would be the point? You wouldn't get any extra points for a 3 month program AFAIK.

Last edited:

Aman6591

May 9, 2018
Answers inline...
Thank you, one more question.

I am planning on visiting Canada next month. I have already booked the tickets, should i mention this in my travel history? I will be submitting the initial PR application before i visit Canada. However, I will submit all the documents after I am back, since I am expecting all my paper work to be completed around that time.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Thank you, one more question.

I am planning on visiting Canada next month. I have already booked the tickets, should i mention this in my travel history? I will be submitting the initial PR application before i visit Canada. However, I will submit all the documents after I am back, since I am expecting all my paper work to be completed around that time.
Yes, if you submit the eAPR after the visit, then you need to mention it in the travel history.

Pearly000

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Apart from reading a lot (and making An effort to really understand what the texts say ) you need to get IELTS preparation books, as there are a lot of questions where they try to trick you. You need to learn the logic of the test to understand what answer they want you to give, not what you think may be the correct answer.
Exactly,he/she can try ieltsliz and Jay from e2language..for tips on reading

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
Hey there friends,

I have a CRS score of 443 without spouse and it will go down to 428 if i make spouse as accompanying. I am in doubt weather to state spouse as non-accompanying or not so as to try to get ITA in the coming draws as it seems the ITA may stay at 441 for sometime.

I wanted your feedback regarding the below points;
1. Could there be any reasonable possibility that the CRS cutoff point may go lower than 428 in 2018?
2. How long will it take to sponsor my wife and our two kids if i state my wife as non-accompanying?
3. How long after i landed in Canada can i start the sponsorship process? can i start it as soon as i got my PR?
4. Any advise about the pros and cons of doing so? preferably from own experience.

Thanks in advance for your comments
1) The possibility of scores going that low is negligible this year looking at the current trend and increasing competition. You're better off with a score of 443
2) Sponsorship depends a lot on your financial condition when you are in Canada. You need to be financially eligible to sponsor your dependents. Plus if you are eligible the turnaround time that I have heard is around 8 to 10 months minimum.
3)As mentioned you can sponsor once you meet a few requirements for the same.
Check the link below for further information on sponsorship :
https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/sponsorship/outside-canada/how-do-i-sponsor-a-spouse-common-law-or-conjugal-partner-or-dependent-child-living-outside-of-canada/
4) No personal experience since I am still single

GlobalQuest

Dec 28, 2017
Dear all! Sorry for off-topic. I need to develop my IELTS Reading Skills. Do you have any sources to recommend?
I tried to find some info on IELTS topic, but they discuss how was IELTS test basically.
My Reading was 6, I would like to improve it (it is my weakness). Does anyone have books to share?
Much appreciation! Blessings!
I would suggest you practice by attempting the IELTS practice exams from books(names given below). Identify where you are making mistakes, taking more time, whether you are having difficulty because your reading speed is slow or you are having difficulty understanding some grammatical structures.
> If you have problems with comprehension(understanding meaning of sentences, etc).
Refer to a grammar book and learn the relvant sections.
Mark diificult words and learn them.
Improve your vocabulary (book mentioned below).
> If it is because of your reading speed, google for speed reading techniques and use them to see if they help you.

My personal tips:
1. For the given section, quickly read the questions beforehand. That way you know what answers you are looking for.
2. Genrally(and this may vary, so take it with a grain of salt) most questions are in the order of the passage. That is you can expect to find the answers
for first few questions in the first paragraph and so on. Once you have read the questions, you will als have an idea if a particular paragaph you are reading could have the answer to a particular question or questions.
3. Once you have read the questions, do a fast scan through the passage. If you find any answers, underline the relevant lines and indicate which
question it answers.
4. Underline any key information that may help answer the questions you have read.
5. You will get better at this as you practice more.

Reference/Practice Books:
Cambridge English: IELTS 11 General Training with Answers First Edition,2016 IELTS 11 General Training with Answers
Cambridge Vocabulary for Ielts with Answers and Audio CD
Cambridge Grammar for Ielts with Answers and Audio CD
Barron`s IELTS Practice Exams
Barron`s IELTS (2 CD Free)

Good luck!!

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
1) The possibility of scores going that low is negligible this year looking at the current trend and increasing competition. You're better off with a score of 443
2) Sponsorship depends a lot on your financial condition when you are in Canada. You need to be financially eligible to sponsor your dependents. Plus if you are eligible the turnaround time that I have heard is around 8 to 10 months minimum.
3)As mentioned you can sponsor once you meet a few requirements for the same.
Check the link below for further information on sponsorship :
https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/sponsorship/outside-canada/how-do-i-sponsor-a-spouse-common-law-or-conjugal-partner-or-dependent-child-living-outside-of-canada/
4) No personal experience since I am still single
thanks for the explanation and sharing the link!!

Reactions: abnzyr18

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hijacking the ROH thread for an ECA related query as majority of the experts seem to be active on this thread anyway :p
I'll receive the transcripts for my graduation and MBA as well as wife's MA from respective univs by this week. But wife's BA transcript may take another 2-3 weeks due to the delay from the univ. Will it make sense to send wife's MA transcripts for ECA evaluation to WES along with my transcripts? Will WES at least recognize it as equivalent to Bachelor degree (8 points) so that I can enter the pool with a score of 430+
Thanks much!